• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

That didn't take long.

Questioning Han Dong is racist.

Justin Trudeau blames racism for allegation that China helped Liberal MP get elected

Smells fishy to me ;)

What is the red herring fallacy?​

A red herring is a misleading statement, question, or argument meant to redirect a conversation away from its original topic.

People who care about ethics are turning into a real albatross for Trudeau.
Trudeau's old buddy Gerry Butts is even saying we need a non-partisan body to review the China election interference.

Trudeau's old buddy Gerry Butts is even saying we need a non-partisan body to review the China election interference.

How Could You Betrayal GIF by Kinda Funny

Of course he would. Just like the emergency act. It works everytime.

See this super great judge (liberal) says everything is good...media here are your orders opps I mean talking points...

Reactions: QV

CSIS uncovered Chinese plan to donate to Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation

(paywall)

Trudeau defends Han Dong amid report CSIS warned of foreign influence concerns

But to be on the safe side the Liberal Party (allegedly) just deleted the video of Trudeau campaigning with Han Dong.

I'm trying to find the article again but it essentially said foreign donations went from $52 million in 2014 to $550ish million in 2015, to $650ish million in 2016. Probably another one of those correlation don't equal causation defenses.

CSIS uncovered Chinese plan to donate to Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation

(paywall)

Trudeau defends Han Dong amid report CSIS warned of foreign influence concerns

But to be on the safe side the Liberal Party (allegedly) just deleted the video of Trudeau campaigning with Han Dong.

I'm trying to find the article again but it essentially said foreign donations went from $52 million in 2014 to $550ish million in 2015, to $650ish million in 2016. Probably another one of those correlation don't equal causation defenses.

It's interesting that the video in your post has been removed by the uploader.

Yup. In fairness I can't verify that it was actually the video the author indicated it was, it could be a completely unrelated video- like about China donating money for a statue of Pierre Trudeau.

I wonder where the breaking point is for the NDP because one of the conservative commentators has got to be waiting to repeat Mulroney's statement:" you had a choice" at the most opportune time and the NDP will become toast during the next election

I wonder where the breaking point is for the NDP because one of the conservative commentators has got to be waiting to repeat Mulroney's statement:" you had a choice" at the most opportune time and the NDP will become toast during the next election

Is there one ? The Cons are evil, don't you know ? I cant see the NDP taking away their support. They are a broken and broke party whose real-estate on the Canadian political scene has been usurped by the LPC. They don't want an election, it very well could be their last.

Is there one ? The Cons are evil, don't you know ? I cant see the NDP taking away their support. They are a broken and broke party whose real-estate on the Canadian political scene has been usurped by the LPC. They don't want an election, it very well could be their last.
That’s why I have a hard time seeing the Tories winning the election. All those disaffected NDP voters are going to be so scared shitless of Pollievre that they’ll flock to the Liberals to stop the Son of Satan. :(

They have no vision and are lost. Like I've said before, if they stopped trying to race the LPC to some imagined point of absolute moral righteousness, got pragmatic on the financial side and rebranded as the Social/Nordic Democratic Party with a platform that boils down to being Canadianized Norway they could carve out a major centrist chunk of the population that neither the LPC nor CPC is ideologically positioned to fight for.

That’s why I have a hard time seeing the Tories winning the election. All those disaffected NDP voters are going to be so scared shitless of Pollievre that they’ll flock to the Liberals to stop the Son of Satan. :(

I predict the Cons win a weak minority, but the Libs successfully petition the GG to form a coalition minority Gov using what's left of the NDP, Greens and Bloq.

And then I predict the clear and present emergence of a western separation movement that equals and surpasses the Bloq in relevance.

The LPC's belief that they are the Canadian Natural Ruling party will rip this country apart.

I predict the Cons win a weak minority, but the Libs successfully petition the GG to form a coalition minority Gov using what's left of the NDP, Greens and Bloq.
I could see the CPC getting a weak minority. But the LPC will likely be looking for a new leader. I suspect they will have a quick leadership contest and then try to defeat the CPC at the first available moment. Depends on a lot of factors (warchests, popular vote etc)
And then I predict the clear and present emergence of a western separation movement that equals and surpasses the Bloq in relevance.
I’m not sure I would qualify the Bloc as relevant these days at all so it’s a low bar. You would need a separatist party in Ottawa and in each province. That would inevitably lead to a split of the CPC, so basically back to Reform and PC.
The LPC's belief that they are the Canadian Natural Ruling party will rip this country apart.
The country has survived worse, it will survive that.

I could see the CPC getting a weak minority. But the LPC will likely be looking for a new leader. I suspect they will have a quick leadership contest and then try to defeat the CPC at the first available moment. Depends on a lot of factors (warchests, popular vote etc)

The only way JT is leaving is if the party revolts. I don't see that happening. Their blind allegiance is to strong. And I don't believe his narcissism will let him quit.

I’m not sure I would qualify the Bloc as relevant these days at all so it’s a low bar. You would need a separatist party in Ottawa and in each province. That would inevitably lead to a split of the CPC, so basically back to Reform and PC.

We have a 1 province party that demands national attention and holds the rest of the country hostage, their impact may be quiet but its relevant and has great effect. The extreme rise of a western separation party will most defiantly come at the cost of the CPC.

The only save, is a redistribution of seats, but that will not happen.

The country has survived worse, it will survive that.

I don't share your optimism.

The only way JT is leaving is if the party revolts. I don't see that happening. Their blind allegiance is to strong. And I don't believe his narcissism will let him quit.
An election loss will mean he’s gone. Either he leaves on his own or they force him out.
We have a 1 province party that demands national attention and holds the rest of the country hostage, their impact may be quiet but its relevant and has great effect. The extreme rise of a western separation party will most defiantly come at the cost of the CPC.
The Bloc has hardly held the the country hostage. Back in its hey day maybe but they were the official opposition for a while. Now they make a bit of noise but the failure of the bloc is that they demonstrated that federalism can actually work.
I don't share your optimism.
That’s fair. But there are massive differences between what we went through with QC separatism and factors that are not present when it comes to western separatist feelings.

Back