• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Good my apprentice, let the power of the contracts flow through you

0824_na_g7.jpg

Yet another Trudeau appointee with a McKinsey addiction

McKinsey & Co. – a high-priced consulting firm already facing accusations of outsized influence in the Trudeau government — also appears to have nurtured a curiously expensive relationship with the Business Development Bank of Canada in recent years.

The Business Development Bank is a 75-year-old Crown Corporation that provides venture capital to small and mid-sized Canadian entrepreneurs.

Reporting this week by the CBC found that as soon as Trudeau appointee Isabelle Hudon took charge of the BDC in 2021, one of her first orders of business was to hire McKinsey on a $5-million contract to completely remake the bank “from scratch.”

Hudon was also found to have incurred exorbitant expenses, such as a $320,000 event held for only a few dozen employees to mark the “new chapter” of her leadership. She also insisted on travelling with her own driver, adding thousands of dollars in costs to otherwise routine trips.

Gee, I wonder why this hasn't made the CBC news? ;)

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Thanks... I saw that, but not the footage on Twitter that showed the PM being swarmed unless it's somewhere in that article and I can't find it.
They may not have seen the tweet when writing the report, but they have to get permission to use footage as well, so may not have gotten that either.

CBC actually has a few dedicated reporters in the area (maybe free lancers) but unless there was a camera actually on site. Party retreats are normally boring AF so they don't normally cover anything unless there is a public stump speech portion.

I'm sure if they could of they would have loved to have that kind of footage, but sometimes things happen in a few seconds and you miss it.

Part of the reality of cutbacks to local news coverage, but even the local station (CHCH) missed that.

Alright guys, it's not funny anymore. Did a Conservative sneak onto Trudeau's hiring committee and doing this on purpose?

Canada's newly appointed representative to combat Islamophobia quoting from hate site Mondoweiss.

Queen Was Racist: Appointee

A Toronto Star writer who advocated deposing the Queen as racist and opposed Canada Day as a celebration of “European, Judeo-Christian storytelling” yesterday was named Special Representative on Combating Islamophobia. Cabinet aides would not comment on the writings of activist Amira Elghawaby: “Time to wake up.”

Well, the liberals do have a tradition of appointing former journalists and activists to various positions so why not hit two birds with one stone.

Well, the liberals do have a tradition of appointing former journalists and activists to various positions so why not hit two birds with one stone.

Id say she's more than activist. At some point versions activism move into the realm or hate and bigotry. Id say she's in the later.

As for journalism that's a dead phrase. Everyone and anyone is journalist now. The term has no value.

Last edited:
Id say she's more than activist. At some point versions activism move into the realm or hate and bigotry. Id say she's in the later.

As for journalism that's a dead phase. Everyone and anyone is journalist now. The term has no value.
Clearly my sarcasm was lost in translation.

“Openness and transparency are fundamental to ensuring Canadians’ trust in their government and in democracy overall. Citizens expect their government to be open, transparent, and accountable. They also expect their government to deliver real, meaningful results, in a fair, efficient, and responsible manner - The Government of Canada will restore trust in public institutions by conducting business in an open and transparent way and making sure Canadians’ voices are heard.”
Canada’s Plan on Open Government 2016-2018 - Liberal Party of Canada.

When a candidate promises to have the most open and transparent government in history, it’s code for “We’ll be the most secretive and opaque government in history”.

Unfortunately, most parties like to say that now.

Back