• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Thank you for helping reduce CO2 emissions and helping to prove my point.
What point?? That you're OK so everyone else can suck an egg?? Right now I wish I wasn't a Mod and I'd take the 3 month ban for what I want to say.

What point?? That you're OK so everyone else can suck an egg?? Right now I wish I wasn't a Mod and I'd take the 3 month ban for what I want to say.
That people will cut down on nonessential driving if gas prices are higher.

The federal NDP is holding informal talks with the Liberals to prop up the minority government for two to three years in exchange for action on housing, pharmacare, climate change, compensation for Indigenous children and other issues.

This would be great.

Is there evidence of that working?

And this opinion piece actually makes the argument that higher taxes on energy could lead to a slowing of green initiatives.

She makes valid points. Especially about how it easy to shift people’s energy consumption habits. Leading to discontent, leading to political types being a bit more cautious about keeping people happy.

Look what happens to the Wynn government. People got fed up with their green energy plans. Especially when their hydro became unaffordable. The provincial Liberals won’t be back any time soon.

Thank you for helping reduce CO2 emissions and helping to prove my point.
So ruining someone's livelihood is OK? Where do they go? Instead of running their own motel or restaurant they are working for Hilton cleaning rooms or MacDonald's stuffing little paper bags with mass-produced garbage (also incidentally contributing significantly to landfill). Living in your world is hell

No, everyone gets screwed and royally hard. As a livestock farmer, I have a certain amount of fossil fuels I MUST use (unless I plan to raise 3 cows and 4 sheep, not very productive) and carbon tax is a hinderance to my ability to produce food. For people like you and many others to stuff your face with. They don't make electrical tractors.

Don't even think to tell me to be a crop producer, Thats requires far more fossil fuel inputs.

I want to steer this away from "just climate issues" to general poor management at pretty much all levels of our political masters and regardless of their party affiliations.

I have noticed traits like adaptability, flexibility, forecasting situations and assessing situations are terribly lacking in our entire political spectrum. This in my mind leads to far too many poor decisions or reactionary rather than being proactive policies in all areas (economy, security, finance, resource management, climate related, etc)

Tourism, entertainment, recreation - all non-essential. All vital to the service tier of the economy, hence vital to government revenues, hence vital to funding whatever it is that greenies hope to achieve.

I want to steer this away from "just climate issues" to general poor management at pretty much all levels of our political masters and regardless of their party affiliations.

I have noticed traits like adaptability, flexibility, forecasting situations and assessing situations are terribly lacking in our entire political spectrum. This in my mind leads to far too many poor decisions or reactionary rather than being proactive policies in all areas (economy, security, finance, resource management, climate related, etc)
ArmyRick, I recall when Canadians used to smuggly critique American politics for being very short-sighted; essentially looking at issues on a four-year, or even just a two-year (mid-terms) basis.

Arguably, Canada now is even worse than that at present. There is little to no strategic long-term principle by which government (and Parliament) is setting Canada on a practical, solid path forward. It’s all poll-driven, or minions counting likes on Government/party/politicians’ Tweets and reporting back to the unelected back-room elite advisors of the PM to shape the next virtuous blurb that doesn’t productively advance the country’s interests. It’s an uninspirational, flailing demise of Canada’s once existential value as a modest, principles middle power. Not helping the situation is an opposition (both official and other parties) that are lest interested in demonstrably holding the existing government to account as best as possible, and rather quibbling over own internal frictions.

It would be nice to see a pan-parliament appreciation of developing a path ahead for Canada that isn’t based on the star/echo-chamber of whatever current government is in power. Examples au as Australia and its foreign and defense policies that appreciate its place in the region and the globe.

$0.02

Regards
G2G

Is there evidence of that working?

And this opinion piece actually makes the argument that higher taxes on energy could lead to a slowing of green initiatives.

She makes valid points. Especially about how it easy to shift people’s energy consumption habits. Leading to discontent, leading to political types being a bit more cautious about keeping people happy.

Look what happens to the Wynn government. People got fed up with their green energy plans. Especially when their hydro became unaffordable. The provincial Liberals won’t be back any time soon.
In the last 2 elections, there were clear anti carbon tax options.

CPC in 2019, PPC in 2021.

Most Canadians did not flock to these options. I'm guessing there isn't enough discontent then.

No, everyone gets screwed and royally hard. As a livestock farmer, I have a certain amount of fossil fuels I MUST use (unless I plan to raise 3 cows and 4 sheep, not very productive) and carbon tax is a hinderance to my ability to produce food. For people like you and many others to stuff your face with. They don't make electrical tractors.

Don't even think to tell me to be a crop producer, Thats requires far more fossil fuel inputs.

Does this not apply to you?

Tourism, entertainment, recreation - all non-essential. All vital to the service tier of the economy, hence vital to government revenues, hence vital to funding whatever it is that greenies hope to achieve.
Thankfully people get a rebate at tax time to spend on whatever they please.

Wouldn't it be cheaper not to take it from them in the first place? Clearly there would be no need for more bureaucracy for us to pay for.

Wouldn't it be cheaper not to take it from them in the first place? Clearly there would be no need for more bureaucracy for us to pay for.
Cheaper? Yes.

Would it change peoples emission habits? No.

Jesus H Christ, do these numpties sit around watching Fox News and drinking their own bath water all day thinking this is the route to defeating Trudeau and the Liberals? Do they think “These are my people and I am their leader therefore I must follow them!”? Do they not see the polling that shows this is as popular as syphilis? If O’Toole doesn’t give these fools an ultimatum to pick the Tory caucus or the anti-vac caucus, he deserves to get spanked by Trudeau again. 🤦‍♂️

Jesus H Christ, do these numpties sit around watching Fox News and drinking their own bath water all day thinking this is the route to defeating Trudeau and the Liberals? Do they think “These are my people and I am their leader therefore I must follow them!”? Do they not see the polling that shows this is as popular as syphilis? If O’Toole doesn’t give these fools an ultimatum to pick the Tory caucus or the anti-vac caucus, he deserves to get spanked by Trudeau again. 🤦‍♂️
I haven't seen such obvious blading the leader since basic.

Nope. He doesn’t discriminate against party either, he doesn’t shy away from doling it out to the Grits either.

Does this not apply to you?
All the ag financial "help" programs are a joke. They are pretty much put out to FCC or ACC to dispense and those two companies have such high stringent standards that nobody can meet them unless your a cash crop producer that does 1,000s of acres or are running very large livestock numbers (read feed operations usually the ones responsible for pollution)

As an example the "Small Beef" feed assistance program requires that a "small beef" producer have a cattle sale income of $150,000-3,000,000. You get about $1,000-1,800 for most steers sold at 6-18 months (commodity market way underpays, thats another complex issue), you do the math.

Back