• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do you call home?

Where do you call home?

• Total voters
Sig_Des said:
I'm an army brat, so I fall under the category "everywhere"

Born in Quebec, lived in Ont, BC, Israel, Syria, NB, NS. When people ask me where I'm from, I get confused, but generally stick with New Brunswick. Place that I loved.

You are serious, you lived in ALL those places and...and...you liked NB the best??

I am speechless!

Mud Recce Man said:
You are serious, you lived in ALL those places and...and...you liked NB the best??

I am speechless!

I know, I know...it's wierd. Was back there recently for the first time in 6 years, and it hasn't really changed at all. Plus, while I've got a career, any girl who turned me down for dates in High School seems to be pregnant or already single mom, living in a trailer, and working at the liquor store/Tims/McDicks.... >:D

NB is the place where I developed most as a person, well, except for the military.

Developed most as a person?    ::)

I didn't know we were filming Dr Phil here today!

>:D

j/k Des  ;D

:nana:

Mud Recce Man said:
Developed most as a person?    ::)

I didn't know we were filming Dr Phil here today!

>:D

j/k Des   ;D

:nana:

S'allright MRM, at least I can say I've become a person  ;D

Just because I am from PEI and have the metal plate in my head, and 4 teeth, is NO reason to pick on me

:dontpanic:

Mud Recce Man said:
Just because I am from PEI and have the metal plate in my head, and 4 teeth, is NO reason to pick on me

:dontpanic:

FOUR teeth? You must be one of those gifted Islanders I heard about  :-*

Alvinston (where the heck is that?), Ontario

You left out the province of Cape Breton ;D

edited for sloppy sentence structure :rage:

Sig_Des said:
FOUR teeth? You must be one of those gifted Islanders I heard about   :-*

No no, those are my dentures...gotta be able to bite into those new taters somehow!

Used to be were ever they sent me, since retirement 5 years ago, it's London Ontario the forest city and its the longest time i've ever spent in one place over the past 28 yrs.

Used to be were ever they sent me, since retirement 5 years ago, it's London Ontario

exRCR? Spent my first 6 years (82 to88) at London with Duke's Coy; heard most of the old base is gone...Shame, London was a great posting.

-gerry

I was a base brat, and moved around a lot myself when I got out into the world on my own. Currently posted in Halifax, new posting in Edmonton by end Nov. So, whenever my mail finally catches up with me, that's home.

Lets see....'66 Rivers MB
'66 - '68 London ON
'68 - '70 Soest Germany
'70 - '72 Kingston ON
'72 - '74 Oromocto NB
'74 - '76 Moncton NB
'76 - '78 St Bruno PQ
'78 - '80 Baden-Soelingen Germany
'80 - '83 Ottawa ON
'83 - '87 Oromocto NB
'87 - '88 London ON
'88 - '89 Cornwallis/Borden/Kingston
'89 - '92 Lahr Germany
'92 - '94 Halifax NS
'94 - '99 Ottawa
'99 - present Kingston

The joys of being a base brat and then joining.

211RadOp said:
Lets see....'66 Rivers MB
'66 - '68 London ON
'68 - '70 Soest Germany
'70 - '72 Kingston ON
'72 - '74 Oromocto NB
'74 - '76 Moncton NB
'76 - '78 St Bruno PQ
'78 - '80 Baden-Soelingen Germany
'80 - '83 Ottawa ON
'83 - '87 Oromocto NB
'87 - '88 London ON
'88 - '89 Cornwallis/Borden/Kingston
'89 - '92 Lahr Germany
'92 - '94 Halifax NS
'94 - '99 Ottawa
'99 - present Kingston

The joys of being a base brat and then joining.

I think I will speak for all of us when I say you need to stop being shy and you know...move around some!  ;)

Mud Recce Man said:
I think I will speak for all of us when I say you need to stop being shy and you know...move around some!   ;)

Seriously...you need to stop being a hermit ;D

xo31@711ret said:
Spent my first 6 years (82 to88) at London with Duke's Coy; heard most of the old base is gone...Shame, London was a great posting.
Was on the base last week and there is very little remaining.  Highbury complex just closed and everything was moved to a new building at Wossley.  The base ends just behind Beaver Hall with new houses being built on Carling Heights overlooking the gym (name escapes me at the moment)

Sig_Des said:
FOUR teeth? You must be one of those gifted Islanders I heard about  :-*

Hey now

Four is all us old Islanders need to give those spuds a good going over! As we Islanders migrate away tho, they issue us extra teeth at the end of the Confederation Bridge, just so we fit in up here in "uppity Canada", I mean upper Canada.

my bad

potato

spud said:
Hey now

Four is all us old Islanders need to give those spuds a good going over! As we Islanders migrate away tho, they issue us extra teeth at the end of the Confederation Bridge, just so we fit in up here in "uppity Canada", I mean upper Canada.

my bad

potato

spud, tell me it didn't take you 7 days to think that up  ;D

Sig_Des said:
spud, tell me it didn't take you 7 days to think that up  ;D

Ha ha, toothless.......and slow.....what a combo....I think I'll have that on my headstone!!

Actually I hadn't read the whole thread before and was shocked there was more then one PEI inmate running around on this board! More then one Islander allowed...you folks are tolerant!
  ;D

potato

there are others who won't reveal their identity.  Mostly because of the finger-pointing and laughing, and then everything becomes "right ----".

Right funny...right slippy...right hungry...

you know...

Back