• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do you call home?

Where do you call home?

• Total voters
Truly, my home is back on those wheatfields of southern Saskatchewan, but in almost 12 yrs, its been the east coast of Australia. I have settled in a nice home on Bribie Island in Queensland.

Lately, my home is not too far from the Tigris River here in Baghdad, where we have most creature comforts.

I can't wait to get back to Australia sometime in 2007, but plan a trip to Saskatchewan before July.

Regards,

Wes

Wes, I do hope you get to see your big skies soon.

I'm from the YT, and home for me after spending my whole life traveling and living abroad, is anywhere where I have the same telephone number as the hubby.  

My home is in the Cariboo-Chilcotin of beautiful British Columbia.

The UK is where I was born, Alberta is where I live, Gibsons, BC, will always be my home.

Saskatchewan, but living and PRes-ing in Vancouver.

Wes, I think I remember you being from Quill. This is of course because I'm from Watson (the great big centre it is). I miss the open skies but I've grown to love the rainy type winter in Vancity as well.

Montréal QC, CANADA

Via a flurry of transfers, atachments & detachments.

Currently Lindsay, On. the capital of the City of the Kawartha Lakes. I call it a capital because the place is mostly villages of 1500 people with the largest city of 25000+ being where I currently reside. Hopefully that will change when the army decides to call me. Lindsay is pretty much a retirement town and the surrounding area is mostly cottage country for those rich city folk that have way too much money for their own good.

Lahr, Germany

Until i get back there, anywhere the military sends me will be "home"

Le Gars said:
Saskatchewan, but living and PRes-ing in Vancouver.

Wes, I think I remember you being from Quill. This is of course because I'm from Watson (the great big centre it is). I miss the open skies but I've grown to love the rainy type winter in Vancity as well.

Hey, how about a plate of chips at PJ's Esso. I know Watson well, and remember when the theatre was moved from Quill, and when Wimmer had elevators.

Cheers,

Wes

Oh the drastic changes! PJ's is no more for several years now, rebranded and rebuilt but you can still get chips. Watson is now a one elevator town too. You'll have to have a boo on your way past. The town also erected a 20' Santa to rival that bloody goose ;D

Home for me is tecnically in Halifax for now...except weekends.   ;D

Born and breed  RAISED in PEI but...I don't consider that home anymore...

Home is where ever they post me and where ever HLs is.  And the roads in between...

;D

*editted for Brain-Farts  :blotto:

Mud Recce Man said:
...breed in PEI ...

Should we alert The Librarian (and others on "Anne's Isle") that you breed in PEI?  Or is that ON PEI?

(j/k)

:D

von G

von Garvin said:
Should we alert The Librarian (and others on "Anne's Isle") that you breed in PEI?  Or is that ON PEI?

(j/k)

:D

von G

See thats what happens when you drive all night and then post when you should be sleeping... :eek:

Mud Recce Man said:
See thats what happens when you drive all night and then post when you should be sleeping... :eek:
:rofl:

Good one, though.  For posterity's sake and a bit of humour, anyway.

:cheers:

von Garvin said:
:rofl:

Good one, though.  For posterity's sake and a bit of humour, anyway.

:cheers:

Well, I can't help but feeling alittle like "Sport Goofy" now though...nice enough fella....just a little bit on the dumb side... ;D

My brain told me "bread" is something you make a sandwhich with... :rofl:

I'm an army brat, so I fall under the category "everywhere"

Born in Quebec, lived in Ont, BC, Israel, Syria, NB, NS. When people ask me where I'm from, I get confused, but generally stick with New Brunswick. Place that I loved.

Currently home is whatever hotel or barracks room I'm in on TAV, but my Residential address is Ottawa, On  ;)

Back