• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

I have learned the disconnect over the years between voting and reality on the ground. I see it everyday. "Gas and fuel are too expensive. But I would never vote for the Tories." Ok I give up. "Why are house prices so high? I hope they don't build anymore houses in my area!"

My favourite is all my teacher friends. The cognitive dissonance going in their heads is awesome.
To an extent yes. But you also see the same thing across the spectrum. Look at provincially in Ontario at a lot of conservatives upset with vaccine mandates supporting Doug Ford but hating on the federal Liberals despite the provincial mandates having way more affect on their daily lives than the federal ones.

In my case I don’t really think or believe the CPC will or can fix a lot of the issues it says it will fix. I for one am waiting for an actual platform or party policy update on the « how ».

I don’t vote based on party platforms when it comes to defence anymore for example (not since after 2008) as I don’t believe anyone when they say they will fix or commit to defence.

I suspect that some voters feel the same about a lot of issues.

I have learned the disconnect over the years between voting and reality on the ground. I see it everyday. "Gas and fuel are too expensive. But I would never vote for the Tories." Ok I give up. "Why are house prices so high? I hope they don't build anymore houses in my area!"

My favourite is all my teacher friends. The cognitive dissonance going in their heads is awesome.
What are the teachers lying to themselves about?

Minister Slams Meta as ‘Reckless’ for Following the Law with News Blocking​

Lack of local media, Meta’s news block impact Northwest Territories residents’ access to information

Naturally fall out from Liberal decisions can't be blamed on the Liberals.

Residents of yellowknife voted in a liberal MP; I wonder how they feel about Bill C-18.

Minister Slams Meta as ‘Reckless’ for Following the Law with News Blocking​

Lack of local media, Meta’s news block impact Northwest Territories residents’ access to information

Naturally fall out from Liberal decisions can't be blamed on the Liberals.

Residents of yellowknife voted in a liberal MP; I wonder how they feel about Bill C-18.

I'm sure we can find a way to blame Harper here.

I live in West Kelowna.

And what has been accomplished? Zero to date.

Liberals pledge to support training of 1,000 more personnel to fight wildfires​

Mia Rabson - The Canadian Press Staff - 18 Aug 2021

VANCOUVER -- Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau campaigned in British Columbia Wednesday, hoping promises to train more firefighters and better equip them will overcome pushback in the province over an early election call while wildfires continue to rage.

"I know this has been a really tough time for people across the province," Trudeau said, on a terrace overlooking Vancouver Harbour.

On top of the COVID-19 pandemic, B.C. was hit with record-smashing heat waves earlier this summer, and hundreds of wildfires continue to burn around the province.

"The air has been orange even here in the Lower Mainland," Trudeau said.
Trudeau said a re-elected Liberal government will spend half a billion dollars to train 1,000 new firefighters, and help provinces buy new equipment to battle wildfires, including Canadian-made firefighter aircraft.

He is also promising a new auditing program so homeowners can assess their readiness to withstand extreme weather, and add climate-resilience upgrades to the list of eligible home improvements under existing federal home improvement grant programs.

Environment Minister Jonathan Wilkinson, running for re-election in North Vancouver, was among the local candidates flanking Trudeau during the announcement Wednesday. He said the events of this summer have really pushed the urgency of climate action to the forefront, including Canada's heat waves and fires, and floods which killed nearly 200 people in Germany in July.

The Liberals have taken heat for calling an early election while B.C. is still in a state of emergency because of fires.

Cooler and rainy weather have helped the fire fight in B.C. in recent days, but there are still 36 evacuation orders in effect and 261 active fires including 31 classified as a threat to the public.

Less than 24 hours before Trudeau arrived in Vancouver, the province extended its state of emergency until the end of August.

If you use Meta or social media for emergency news, you deserve what’s coming to you. Facebook is silly for news since the newsfeed isn't time based. It's like the entire LPC doesn't know how the FB newsfeed works.

I live in West Kelowna.

And what has been accomplished? Zero to date.

Liberals pledge to support training of 1,000 more personnel to fight wildfires​

Mia Rabson - The Canadian Press Staff - 18 Aug 2021

VANCOUVER -- Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau campaigned in British Columbia Wednesday, hoping promises to train more firefighters and better equip them will overcome pushback in the province over an early election call while wildfires continue to rage.

"I know this has been a really tough time for people across the province," Trudeau said, on a terrace overlooking Vancouver Harbour.

On top of the COVID-19 pandemic, B.C. was hit with record-smashing heat waves earlier this summer, and hundreds of wildfires continue to burn around the province.

"The air has been orange even here in the Lower Mainland," Trudeau said.
Trudeau said a re-elected Liberal government will spend half a billion dollars to train 1,000 new firefighters, and help provinces buy new equipment to battle wildfires, including Canadian-made firefighter aircraft.

He is also promising a new auditing program so homeowners can assess their readiness to withstand extreme weather, and add climate-resilience upgrades to the list of eligible home improvements under existing federal home improvement grant programs.

Environment Minister Jonathan Wilkinson, running for re-election in North Vancouver, was among the local candidates flanking Trudeau during the announcement Wednesday. He said the events of this summer have really pushed the urgency of climate action to the forefront, including Canada's heat waves and fires, and floods which killed nearly 200 people in Germany in July.

The Liberals have taken heat for calling an early election while B.C. is still in a state of emergency because of fires.

Cooler and rainy weather have helped the fire fight in B.C. in recent days, but there are still 36 evacuation orders in effect and 261 active fires including 31 classified as a threat to the public.

Less than 24 hours before Trudeau arrived in Vancouver, the province extended its state of emergency until the end of August.
and I don't recall reading about any a/c acquisition orders for water bombers. I am certain that if de Havilland had a firm order from the government for a dozen they would be pushing their priorities on line startup

I'm sure she just experienced the velocity differently. Good on her for paying it and not going to court.

She could run over an immigrant LGBQ+% trans kid in the rental car while being intoxicated and people would still support her.

Don't judge your betters!

@Good2Golf I believe its -5 social credit, but i dont want to presume.

tom cruise bow GIF

Home equity taxes incoming…

….on your principal residence.

Back