• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact a sports team dying in a tragic accident can inspire investigations and new laws, and calls to action while hundreds of bodies being discovered that, let's be honest we knew were somewhere, has yielded nothing but words of we have to do better speaks volumes of systemic racism in politics towards aboriginal groups

Maybe he could ban something.

The fact a sports team dying in a tragic accident can inspire investigations and new laws, and calls to action while hundreds of bodies being discovered that, let's be honest we knew were somewhere, has yielded nothing but words of we have to do better speaks volumes of systemic racism in politics towards aboriginal groups
Like VAC, current management hasn't done enough to clean things up on its watch, but this goes back over previous teams, too.

The Truth & Reconciliation Commission kicked off in 2008, Team Blue apologized in 2010, and the final TRC report was accepted by current management in 2015, with four summary reports issued between 2008 & 2015 (with at least one detailed report out ~2015 & a detailed TRC bit in 2015 as well) - not to mention the TRC asking for $ to find graves in 2009, but not getting any.

Lotsa people, all colour party jerseys, knew lotsa stuff and didn't do enough.

She earned that through sheer talent and effort on her part.

But, "Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

And funny.

And accurate.

Were the quotes inaccurate?

Actually, I thought that 'twas Goebbels that said it earlier.
Sorry. I disagree with that level of dirt politics. It’s unbecoming and I’m sure if you really look at it, the CPC and their supporters will keep losing if they resort to that kind of stuff. It certainly turns me off.

Sorry. I disagree with that level of dirt politics. It’s unbecoming and I’m sure if you really look at it, the CPC and their supporters will keep losing if they resort to that kind of stuff. It certainly turns me off.
I suggest you should read the following. A recent example of how "issues" are perceived amongst political opponents. It might turn you off to all politicians of all stripes.

Liberals, Tories clash over criticism of Chinese government and accusations of racism

Muckraking and baseless (and founded) accusations has been the mainstay of Canadian politics for the last six decades. Best get used to it.

It may also turn women voters off even more than they already are.

If only women voted, "The Liberals win a crushing 226 seats."

I suggest you should read the following. A recent example of how "issues" are perceived amongst political opponents. It might turn you off to all politicians of all stripes.

Liberals, Tories clash over criticism of Chinese government and accusations of racism

Muckraking and baseless (and founded) accusations has been the mainstay of Canadian politics for the last six decades. Best get used to it.
That does not mean we have to add to it or lower ourselves to that standard. That term, climate Barbie may have been funny and accurate to some but it was a sexist attack on a woman in that position. Edit to remove what could be seen as a personal attack. We should not find that acceptable.

Even the leader of the CPC at that time found it unacceptable. We should too.

I don’t agree with her on many things and didn’t particularly like her as a minister of anything. But I don’t need to encourage that level of discussion either.

Last edited:
That does not mean we have to add to it or lower ourselves to that standard. That term, climate Barbie may have been funny and accurate to some but it was a sexist attack on a woman in that position. If we here find that sort of thing acceptable no wonder we have a larger problem in the CAF.

Even the leader of the CPC at that time found it unacceptable. We should too.

I don’t agree with her on many things and didn’t particularly like her as a minister of anything. But I don’t need to encourage that level of discussion either.
My point was that "Climate Barbie' compared to "intolerance" and "anti-Asian racism" does not weigh on the same scale. Your opinion may differ, but I think racism far surpasses Barbie. (or misogyny, for that matter) Agreed that it should never become the low standard of discourse. But, it has.

Political discussion is hard. And I don't think that this site has to shy away from hard.

That does not mean we have to add to it or lower ourselves to that standard. That term, climate Barbie may have been funny and accurate to some but it was a sexist attack on a woman in that position. If we here find that sort of thing acceptable no wonder we have a larger problem in the CAF.

It’s just hard to keep track of the Liberals’ take in when things against women aren’t appropriate, and when it’s okay…accepting critique of a Climate Barbie - not okay…booting an indigenous woman because she wouldn’t back up the nefarious inside plan to give a Quebec-based company near PM’s riding preferential treatment to cover international bribery crimes - okay, booting a woman physician because she dared support the indigenous woman lawyer/Attorney General - okay…

What’s a voter to do? Vote for words, not actions, of course. It’s all okay if you can have a good night’s sleep while you embrace the diuble-standard…

It’s just hard to keep track of the Liberals’ take in when things against women aren’t appropriate, and when it’s okay…accepting critique of a Climate Barbie - not okay…booting an indigenous woman because she wouldn’t back up the nefarious inside plan to give a Quebec-based company near PM’s riding preferential treatment to cover international bribery crimes - okay, booting a woman physician because she dared support the indigenous woman lawyer/Attorney General - okay…

What’s a voter to do? Vote for words, not actions, of course. It’s all okay if you can have a good night’s sleep while you embrace the diuble-standard…
Has nothing to do with a double standard. It’s a standard. Apply it in all cases. But was the indigenous woman kicked out because she was an indigenous woman? Or because she didn’t want to do the boss’ bidding? There is a difference. Is it wrong? Sure. But so is using ad hominem attacks that are sexist.

none of your examples makes it right or justified.

At any rate. Word is that Carney might run. Will be a star candidate and possible finance Minister if he does.

My point was that "Climate Barbie' compared to "intolerance" and "anti-Asian racism" does not weigh on the same scale. Your opinion may differ, but I think racism far surpasses Barbie. (or misogyny, for that matter) Agreed that it should never become the low standard of discourse. But, it has.

Political discussion is hard. And I don't think that this site has to shy away from hard.
how does prejudice against half the worlds population rank less than racial prejudice?

Has nothing to do with a double standard. It’s a standard. Apply it in all cases. But was the indigenous woman kicked out because she was an indigenous woman? Or because she didn’t want to do the boss’ bidding? There is a difference. Is it wrong? Sure. But so is using ad hominem attacks that are sexist.

none of your examples makes it right or justified.
So you want me to accept fundamentally flawed leadership, espousing support for manipulative shaping of the law to support unethical conduct, because someone else called a woman a name?

Have a solid sleep there…

So you want me to accept fundamentally flawed leadership, espousing support for manipulative shaping of the law to support unethical conduct, because someone else called a woman a name?

Have a solid sleep there…
Where did I say any of that? Or say to support one or the other? WTH.

the conversation was about her being called a climate Barbie. I said it was wrong, someone said it was funny and accurate. I disagreed. I’d like people to be better in there political discourse. That was the point.

sorry if you are insulted by the CONTENT and felt the need to make it personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back