• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trudeau has become so absurd it's comical.

215 indigenous children's bodies are found: Trudeau
“We are looking for how we can support Indigenous communities in their grief and in their request for answers,”
“We promised concrete action, and that’s how we’ll support survivors, families, and Indigenous peoples,”
“We need to do more to support a residential school survivors, and help with the healing process, and go at the intergenerational trauma that exists right across the country in Indigenous communities,”
With so much comical absurdity, maybe the Conservatives will do better with First Nation voters next time.

Conservatives saw an increase, but finished a distant third in on-reserve voting

In response to the backlash, Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau withdrew the White Paper in 1970 and angrily stated: “We’ll keep them in the ghetto as long as they want.”

Not the last Liberal to back away from doing things differently on this file ...
"First Nations Governance Act"
With so much comical absurdity, maybe the Conservatives will do better with First Nation voters next time.
Not much on the Team Blue web page on Indigenous issues at this point, but they should be seeing/hearing what their traditional supporters seem to be digging into current management about (water quality on reserve, for one), so they have a chance to do better.

Why on earth would they vote conservative? The conservatives aren't going to make them a bunch of promises about more money and more reconciliation the way the LPC does.

If the Prime Minister can laugh in the face of a FN woman who had to cobble together $2000 for a plate of food from a reserve where there isn't clean drinking water then he's untouchable.

Why on earth would they vote conservative? The conservatives aren't going to make them a bunch of promises about more money and more reconciliation the way the LPC does.

If the Prime Minister can laugh in the face of a FN woman who had to cobble together $2000 for a plate of food from a reserve where there isn't clean drinking water then he's untouchable.
The fact a sports team dying in a tragic accident can inspire investigations and new laws, and calls to action while hundreds of bodies being discovered that, let's be honest we knew were somewhere, has yielded nothing but words of we have to do better speaks volumes of systemic racism in politics towards aboriginal groups

Why on earth would they vote conservative?
I surely would not know. I am not a politician, or a member of the First Nations.

I thought there might be some positive insight on how the Conservatives could convince more First Nation people, as well as women and visible minorities, to vote for them in the next federal election.

... and so far, they aren't making a bunch of promises on boil water advisories, either. A lot can change in Team Blue's platform, though, between now and an alleged fall election.

Also, while admittedly rare, never say never when it comes to at least seeing Indigenous candidates for Team Blue.

... then he's untouchable.
Sadly I believe you're right.

The public has given him a bye on everything that has gone sideways on his watch. He has governed as if he had a true majority, with the backing of the NDP and Bloc. He holds Canada`s purse strings, he owns the mainstream media and the Senate. He is moving to stifle dissent with Bills C-10 and C-35 and he has thumbed his nose at the House, the Speaker, and the Courts.

He runs the Party with an iron fist. His Ministers can do no wrong, until they cross him. He is still consistently and strongly leading in every major poll in Canada. Yes, we are going to be stuck with him for at least as long as his father.

It's started... the pension line has been crossed. I wonder how many others will now back out?

Catherine McKenna won't be seeking re-election, plans to devote efforts to fighting climate change​

Odds that Carolyn Bennett congratulates her for representing Canadians so well…sort of the complete opposite to how she treated an indigenous past member of the Liberal caucus kicked to the ground by the woke feminist PM…

Is there some type of "cooling off" period for MPs when they retire? Can they immediately be hired back as "experts", or serve as advisors to organizations seeking taxpayer $$$?
i believe only if it is an organiztion that works with / for the GoC, and it is a couple of years if i recall correctly

i believe only if it is an organiztion that works with / for the GoC, and it is a couple of years if i recall correctly
Is there some type of "cooling off" period for MPs when they retire? Can they immediately be hired back as "experts", or serve as advisors to organizations seeking taxpayer $$$?
I think there is a ban on taking up any type of lobbying position for a few years. Otherwise I’m pretty sure they can do whatever they want. As long as they aren’t doing lobbying work they are GTG.

reveng

What the frick is she an expert in? Plus where's the missing Billions?

Catherine McKenna’s Minister of Infrastructure fails another Audit, billions unaccounted for. - Mar 2021​

Estimated at half the $187.8 billion 12-year ‘Investing in Canada Plan’.

That’s only if you are not a member of the “New Girls and Boys Club.”

So long as you have two of the three qualifying criteria: woke; nice hair; nice socks, you’re in!

I think she is such a dummy, ridiculed everywhere, she has become a liability, thus told not to run. Additionally, who ever takes over the portfolio can now say Catherine who when and if the missing Billions are ever investigated.

Good riddance.

"If you repeat it, if you say it louder, if that's your talking point, people will totally believe it!" Catherine McKenna

"If you tell a lie, loud enough, long enough and often enough, the people will believe it." Adolf Hitler

And I'm sure there are numerous other variations by many other people.
Good riddance to Canada's older, elected version of Greta Thunberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back