• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

It has been almost seven months since I've retired. I didn't realize that the CAF now has Storm Troopers and laser guns.
What is the effective range of a laser gun of a Storm Trooper?
Do they even have range time or it is on simulators to save costs? How ammo does /energy packs do those things have?
Do we now have Star Destoryers?

WOW!
In good Canadian fashion, we bought the lasers pre-owned from New Zealand but we didn’t get all the documentation to effectively use them. We’ll spend millions on an operational test campaign that will expend all our laser rounds and we have no procurement mechanism in place to procure more. It’ll take another 15 years to put in place the procurement mechanism to replenish our stock, in time to retire the lasers.

Pierre Poilievre on the Canadian Freedom Convoy 2022​

He brings up some great examples of guilt by association, and an example of the Honourable Prime Minister looking at a man holding a swastika saying thank you for coming sir instead of taking an opportunity to condemn it.

He brings up some great examples of guilt by association, and an example of the Honourable Prime Minister looking at a man holding a swastika saying thank you for coming sir instead of taking an opportunity to condemn it.
Especially Trudeau telling a swastika-carrying individual back in 2018 “thank you for coming, sir…” is a solid point.

My 'DREAM JOB' is Member of Parliament Backbencher.....

I will get paid a six figure salary and won't have to do anything other than sit in the back of a room and yell FORE SHAME at the top of my lungs!

yelling pauly d GIF

I don't want anyone thinking this is crazy, or somehow imposing on anyone. With the exception of those people standing out on the road this is normal eveyday traffic here. This border crossing has the largest flow of goods going back and forth. Packed and at a standstill, is just regular daily traffic around here. Basically, nothing to see here, move along.
Slowed down, with commercial traffic shunted to Sarnia, but still not down to zero - this from Windsor police ....
... our focus is on maintaining open communications with organizers of the demonstrations and using a reasoned, tempered approach, including the appropriate use of police discretion to guide our police personnel's responses.

The Windsor Police Service has a large police presence monitoring the demonstrations along Huron Church Rd. These activities have interrupted normal vehicle traffic flow but we have been able to continue a limited amount of access to the Ambassador Bridge. Officers are on scene addressing traffic points, public safety and enforcement. Commercial vehicles are being redirected to the Blue Water Bridge in Sarnia. The Detroit-Windsor Tunnel remains open to non-commercial vehicles. Please avoid the area, use alternative routes and monitor our social media for updates.

The Windsor Police Service has maintained communications with main organizers but we want to urge those involved in illegal activity not to endanger members of the public or first responders, including police personnel, and jeopardize public peace. Those found committing crimes and acts of violence will be investigated and charges will be laid ...

While the judge issued an injunction against horn blowing, I haven't seen anything that mentions an enforcement order, but I could have missed it.
Screen grab from the Ottawa Citizen of the Order giving the police authority to enforce. No offence is created but their might be something in court proceedings legislation. 'Contempt' for repeated violations by the same person might be applicable but I don't really know.

Attachments

• Injunction.jpg
    Injunction.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 5
While the judge issued an injunction against horn blowing, I haven't seen anything that mentions an enforcement order, but I could have missed it.
At first glance, this bit of the CCC seems to fit in general ....
Disobeying order of court
  • 127 (1) Every one who, without lawful excuse, disobeys a lawful order made by a court of justice or by a person or body of persons authorized by any Act to make or give the order, other than an order for the payment of money, is, unless a punishment or other mode of proceeding is expressly provided by law, guilty of
    • (a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or
    • (b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Some things to consider for those calling for increased police enforcement.

Also linked in the article is the current polling from Ottawa residents about the protest/occupation.
that would be on Doug Ford. Have to bring the kids, no $10 a day childcare

But the SJW angle was.
In my other life the fun time job gets me some Hollywood insights. We will start seeing the sequels being go non-cannon. The newer CEO and new chairperson basically to shit can the woke and make the fans happy....let me know if we should start a Hollywood rumors thread?

It's been over 12 hours with no posts in this thread, is it dead? Well, at least it went out with a "bang" ‼️:devilish:
Rumours that the protest is starting to leave today. Was posted on TikTok by one of the leaders. Probably another fake post. Said they were going to Toronto because OPS has been stepping up enforcement too much here.

The crazy press conference yesterday didn’t really help the cause I think. Still demanding to remove the government and form some sort of coalition.

but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Rumours that the protest is starting to leave today. Was posted on TikTok by one of the leaders. Probably another fake post. Said they were going to Toronto because OPS has been stepping up enforcement too much here.

The crazy press conference yesterday didn’t really help the cause I think. Still demanding to remove the government and form some sort of coalition.

but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Ya just heard this on the news. Although I don't know about this wild and crazy press conference from yesterday.

Screen grab from the Ottawa Citizen of the Order giving the police authority to enforce. No offence is created but their might be something in court proceedings legislation. 'Contempt' for repeated violations by the same person might be applicable but I don't really know.

Thanks for posting that.

And now on the OPS website

Enforcement of Court Order in Downtown Core​

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 6:34pm

(Ottawa) – On February 7, 2022, Justice McLean of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice granted a temporary injunction restraining any person, who has notice of the court order, from using air horns or train horns, other than those on a motor vehicle of a municipal fire department.
This order applies to the downtown core in the City of Ottawa which is defined as any streets north of Highway 417 (Queensway). The injunction has been granted for a period of 10 days (i.e. until end of day February 17, 2022) and will be enforced by the Ottawa Police Service and its partners effective immediately.

If a person, with reasonable notice is believed to be
  1. using air horns or train horns, other than those on a motor vehicle of a municipal fire department; and
  2. is in the vicinity of downtown Ottawa: this geographical location includes the city’s downtown, and specifically, any streets north of Highway 417 (Queensway), for a period of 10 days.
Then they may be arrested for contravening the Court Order or they may be arrested and/or charged under Section 127 of the Criminal Code.

If a person is arrested for contravening the Court Order and the person indicates, in writing, that they will obey and abide by the Court Order, they may be released.

If a person is arrested for contravening the Court Order and they refuse to indicate in writing that they will obey and abide by the Court Order, they may be taken to the Superior Court for civil contempt proceedings and criminal contempt prosecutions. Penalties include up to two years imprisonment and/or another form of punishment as deemed appropriate at time of conviction.

Media Relations Section
Tel: 613-236-1222, ext. 5366

Back