• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

The link basically says that no one will be prosecuted for destruction of the statues on the grounds of the Manitoba Legislature.
I was going to write a letter to various politicians but I’m dismayed and saddened by this. I am not surprised however.
And that one thing explains everything going on right now. (not to dismiss the rez school problem) But it highlights the division and different standards applied.

Rumours that the protest is starting to leave today. Was posted on TikTok by one of the leaders. Probably another fake post. Said they were going to Toronto because OPS has been stepping up enforcement too much here.

The crazy press conference yesterday didn’t really help the cause I think. Still demanding to remove the government and form some sort of coalition.

but I’ll believe it when I see it.
I mean it would make sense, tactically speaking, to leave the jurisdiction of the OPS, get some gasoline, let the Court Injunction run its course, then come back.

If these protest groups are as organized as people are saying they are, it might not be out of the realm of possibility.

Canada truckers: Arrests as police warn of 'volatile' protesters Canada truckers: Arrests as police warn of 'volatile' protesters

According to the BBC the OPS have called CPS on the protesters which is a incredibly low blow to make if they have. I hope all involved in that rot in a special hell reserved just for them as I have seen the amount of damage that organization can do to a family first hand.
Dirty tactics against dirty tactics. Bringing kids to a protest is a very strategic, deliberate and planned move.

Canada truckers: Arrests as police warn of 'volatile' protesters Canada truckers: Arrests as police warn of 'volatile' protesters

According to the BBC the OPS have called CPS on the protesters which is a incredibly low blow to make if they have. I hope all involved in that rot in a special hell reserved just for them as I have seen the amount of damage that organization can do to a family first hand.
At the same time, don't get children involved. A protest is no place for a child and putting them in that situation is no better than using Child Soldiers.

I mean it would make sense, tactically speaking, to leave the jurisdiction of the OPS, get some gasoline, let the Court Injunction run its course, then come back.

If these protest groups are as organized as people are saying they are, it might not be out of the realm of possibility.
I don’t think we’ll ever see trucks allowed back like that ever again. QC showed how to deal with that after learning from Ottawa’s mistakes.

You mean the Children's Aid Society? Perhaps living in a truck cab, being exposed to potentially dangerous sound levels and being part of civil unrest for over a week might not be a safe environment.

You mean the Children's Aid Society? Perhaps living in a truck cab, being exposed to potentially dangerous sound levels and being part of civil unrest for over a week might not be a safe environment.
The horror. Not where I would take a child if I had one, but by all accounts it is a peaceful protest, nothing like the ones where statues are ripped down, riots, etc, well people with their children watch or have them join in. There is a clear double standard in effect here.

The horror. Not where I would take a child if I had one, but by all accounts it is a peaceful protest, nothing like the ones where statues are ripped down, riots, etc, well people with their children watch or have them join in. There is a clear double standard in effect here.
Plenty of double standard accusations going around. Day 12 here for these guys. BLM types in 2020 were cleared out and all arrested on day 3.

Peaceful does not always mean safe btw.

earlier this morning I searched a few places and only Reddit, and some Twitter stuff. Nothing verified so I figured is was bunk.

Back