• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

An Ongoing Military Identity Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
YoungQYR said:
If you were a Cop, would you want to be working with another Officer who was in it for the check rather than the feeling he/she recieved from a good day of serving his/her community?

It used to be guys from the neighborhoods. There were residency requirements years ago. Before the unions made it an issue. It was considered essential for Emergency Services to live close to their stations and live as part of the community. Now, two-thirds of Toronto Police recruits come from communities outside the city. Whether that makes them any more or less loyal to the communities they serve is not for me to say.

YoungQYR said:
If you were a Cop, would you want to be working with another Officer who was in it for the check rather than the feeling he/she recieved from a good day of serving his/her community?

Someone who joined for money can not feel satisfaction from helping others ? I did not realise it was mutualy exclusive.

CDN Aviator said:
Disagreeing with you is not "jumping down people's throat". Maybe you should try to defend your position by doing more than repeating the same thing in every post.

In my experience ( 18+ years reg force in 2 different trades, resume available on request....), your opinion is off-base. Show me why you are right !

Not to be rude, but one sentence posts made by several people, essentially saying im somehow being prejudice are not constructive, nor do they add to the 'conversation'. Had these people taken the time to review the full thread, read my opinion CAREFULLY, taken time too think about why I might think this, beyond the the coppout 'your prejudice', and then posted their respective opinions, I wouldn't have had to repeat myself 2-3 times.

Its part of the reason I seldom post on this site, rather I just read. Too many people are keen on giving their quick two cents without spending the time to allow anyone to explain themselves, and why they think what they do. You were an obvious exception.

But like I said, I respect your opinion. Obviously we've had different experiences, but that doesn't change the fact that I see merit in both arguements.

When i joined, i thought that people who joined for money were the scum of the earth. I joined for all those wave-the-flag-hoorah-kill-them-all reasons. Over the years, i came to look at things differently. I'm not saying you will change too and i'm not saying that you need more TI, just wanted you to know where i was comming from.

YoungQYR said:
Not to be rude, but one sentence posts made by several people,

So why did you shose to quote myself and ERC when you made that comment ?

You even took the time to add  ::)  to your "i gues you are both right" comment.........

Enough gentlemen.  Try to find an actual thread topic to discuss.

Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back