• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Unintended Consequences of Diversity Statements

I think most non-unhinged people would be satisfied with that.

I mean that seriously, wokism is highly correlated with mental illness.
Now this is from an academic example (Harvard admissions studies) but to no one’s surprise, children of alumni have a higher chance of getting into the same school versus non-alumni with the same academic CV.

Last edited:
Now this is from an academic example (Harvard admissions studies) but to no one’s surprise, children of alumni have a higher chance of getting into the same school versus non-alumni with the same academic CV.

I like how they are differentiating the "Asian population" Saying "Asian" to cover the whole region is akin to saying "American" to cover off people from Canada, US, Central and South America.

I like how they are differentiating the "Asian population" Saying "Asian" to cover the whole region is akin to saying "American" to cover off people from Canada, US, Central and South America.
Maybe they’re using the British understanding of “Asian”, which is more “South Asian” than East Asian.

Harvard really is wearing it these days isn't it?
That article was from Nov 2023.

I see the differences between a South Indian and North Indian and even that is very rough take. Comparing a person of Chinese origin who came from Hong Kong or the Interior of China is also fraught with problems.

The evil Republicans on the USSC did pass a judgement limiting affirmative action admissions, but the noble Democrats who run the institutions are still able to find ways around it.

I see the differences between a South Indian and North Indian and even that is very rough take. Comparing a person of Chinese origin who came from Hong Kong or the Interior of China is also fraught with problems.
You mean Indo-Aryan vs Dravidian?

3500 years and that is still a live debate. About as long as the Jew vs Arab debate.

Palestinians are relative newcomers to Israel. The Sea Peoples arrived in Gaza about 3200 years ago.

I'm honestly not sure what the attraction is.

I am a member of Clan Hamilton on my mother's side.
We don't either other than perhaps the modern status of claiming native status?? Able to travel to the US using the card? I know over the years I have heard many people mistakenly voicing opinions of things that are simply not true. My family on wife side has a trace going back but decided there wasn't any real attraction that warranted going through the effort of getting it recognized. Then there are those in places like NS that are (or at least were a few years ago) claiming they are Metis simply based on the family rumour that they have a native ancestor, created ID cards and going to stores expecting not to pay taxes.

Back