• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Unintended Consequences of Diversity Statements

Apparently getting Scotsmen into skirts was just the thin edge of the wedge. How long has this plan been in the works?

Ahead of the enforcement of controversial new hate crime laws coming into force on April 1, other sessions were given to police officers in which concerns about male-bodied people having access to women’s facilities were mocked and described as “completely ludicrous”.

Sure, but so what? The problem here is pretty specific. People fought for various forms of unquantifiable favouritism to be replaced by advancement criteria based on merit (probably for millennia), and in short order it gets pissed away for a return to unquantifiable favouritism. "How black is that person, exactly?"
Why how unprogressive of you!!! ;)

Sure, but so what? The problem here is pretty specific. People fought for various forms of unquantifiable favouritism to be replaced by advancement criteria based on merit (probably for millennia), and in short order it gets pissed away for a return to unquantifiable favouritism. "How black is that person, exactly?"
Just ask the "Asians" in the US who are getting turned away from university because apparently the university has it quota of Asians. Even though the student is born in the US.

Just ask the "Asians" in the US who are getting turned away from university because apparently the university has it quota of Asians. Even though the student is born in the US.
While that is a shitty situation, an Asian born in the US doesn’t make them not Asian.

But this brings up a good question - most folks would agree that “best person for the job, regardless of ethnicity.” But I would like to see the response if Harvard or wherever just takes the top 5000 GPA and it turns out it’s like 80% Asian.

While that is a shitty situation, an Asian born in the US doesn’t make them not Asian.

But this brings up a good question - most folks would agree that “best person for the job, regardless of ethnicity.” But I would like to see the response if Harvard or wherever just takes the top 5000 GPA and it turns out it’s like 80% Asian.

FWIW - Harvard's diversity stats...

My response to those who whine "up your game. Study and learn. Learn to compete academically" or something like that

It most have something to do with the Mom standing behind them with a slipper or wooden spoon. As far as the Progressive are concerned, "Asian" is the new white and Asians include people of Indian descent. I wonder what Tamil Dim Sum taste like?

It most have something to do with the Mom standing behind them with a slipper or wooden spoon. As far as the Progressive are concerned, "Asian" is the new white and Asians include people of Indian descent. I wonder what Tamil Dim Sum taste like?
Uganda early 70s, Idi Amin deported all Asians including the ones who were born in Uganda. Just some historical context.

DEI and all the rest of these ridiculous programs are bullshit. If you just educate, hire, promote and reward people on merit, that'll solve about 99% of your problems. You don't come into this world being owed a damn thing. Set an achievable high standard and help your people reach it.

Mmm, lets see. I have had Asians, Black people, and other minorities beat me frequently at math in school (Not to sound racist but it seems like Asians are born with built in calculators), place higher than me on military courses and get better jobs than me. No big freaking deal. Most people I know do not give a rats arse about it.

I do have a problem with quota concepts. It dehumanizes everyone. EVERYONE. I am already seeing the chatter on line and it sucks. No matter how well merited the next CDS is, if its a women (biological female to be clear in this modern society) there will be many who will be of the attitude that "She got it because of Liberal politics pandering to a feminist vote..." It won't matter one bit how excellent an officer is, its the atmosphere that was created around DEI.

For the record, Eleanor Taylor (Retired RCR) was one of the best damn officers I ever worked for (when she was Coy 2IC, Bravo Coy, 1RCR)

For the record, Eleanor Taylor (Retired RCR) was one of the best damn officers I ever worked for (when she was Coy 2IC, Bravo Coy, 1RCR)
She was/is awesomely impressive in so many ways. It is very unfortunate that the system didn’t recognize and support her advancement as it should have.

Remember this:

Homo Sapiens as a species is forgetful and stupid. Homo Sapiens does not learn from past errors and continually makes the same mistakes over and over. There are some bright ones but they are in the minority and most won't listen to them.

Signed:

Marvin the Martian

I have in-laws searching to find out how metis their metis ancestor was to see if they qualify as indigenous.
Good luck on that. Unless they go with one of the sham Metis groups they are out of luck as there are very tight standards for being accepted by the Metis organization. Are they mistakenly operating under the assumption that many have that there are benefits that don't actually exist? For example many people believe that having a Metis Citizenship card exempts them paying the taxes when shopping which is not true.

From the MNO:

1) What does my new citizenship card entitle me to?

• Proof of citizenship with the Métis Nation
  • Access to all MNO programs and services, including education, training, housing, health, economic development, etc.
  • Ability to participate in MNO activities, including community meetings and cultural events
  • Voting privileges in MNO elections and Annual General Assemblies
  • Ability to run and hold office within MNO governance structures (e.g. MNO Community Councils, Provisional Council of the Métis Nation of Ontario, etc.)
  • Ability to apply for an MNO Harvesters Card (if you connect to a Verified Métis Family Line)
  • The Métis Voyageur newsletter and communication on other MNO updates
2) Can an MNO citizenship card be used for a tax exemption?

No. Métis are not presently exempt from paying provincial or federal taxes. You should not attempt to use an MNO citizenship card for this purpose. If you do, you will be personally liable for any legal consequences.

Good luck on that. Unless they go with one of the sham Metis groups they are out of luck as there are very tight standards for being accepted by the Metis organization. Are they mistakenly operating under the assumption that many have that there are benefits that don't actually exist? For example many people believe that having a Metis Citizenship card exempts them paying the taxes when shopping which is not true.

From the MNO:

1) What does my new citizenship card entitle me to?

• Proof of citizenship with the Métis Nation
  • Access to all MNO programs and services, including education, training, housing, health, economic development, etc.
  • Ability to participate in MNO activities, including community meetings and cultural events
  • Voting privileges in MNO elections and Annual General Assemblies
  • Ability to run and hold office within MNO governance structures (e.g. MNO Community Councils, Provisional Council of the Métis Nation of Ontario, etc.)
  • Ability to apply for an MNO Harvesters Card (if you connect to a Verified Métis Family Line)
  • The Métis Voyageur newsletter and communication on other MNO updates
2) Can an MNO citizenship card be used for a tax exemption?

No. Métis are not presently exempt from paying provincial or federal taxes. You should not attempt to use an MNO citizenship card for this purpose. If you do, you will be personally liable for any legal consequences.

I'm honestly not sure what the attraction is.

I am a member of Clan Hamilton on my mother's side.

I think most non-unhinged people would be satisfied with that.

I mean that seriously, wokism is highly correlated with mental illness.

I think most non-unhinged people would be satisfied with that.

I mean that seriously, wokism is highly correlated with mental illness.

Funny, because it's always a certain type that thinks everyone would have a problem with that.

Best person for the job/school etc is always the best approach.

Funny, because it's always a certain type that thinks everyone would have a problem with that.

Best person for the job/school etc is always the best approach.
Oh you heretic!! Blasphemer!!!

Burn the witches!!! BUT first we need your confession! CONFESS!!!

spanish fan GIF

Back