• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do you call home?

Where do you call home?

• Total voters
Living back home...5 minutes from where my folks grew up in Eastern Passage  :)

Still on Bribie Island, and I got my mortgage approved, so I can now buy her half out, so from owning a house  now to having a $250,000 debt at $400/week payments. So much for slowing down in 09!

Cheers,

Wes

Christ Wes, that sounds dead shitty. By the time you get out after paying off those debts, you'll be getting around on a walking frame. Hope things get better.
I'm still in Melbourne, Australia but heading north soon. Hopefully Bris-Vegas to play with Wes and the boys but it could be anywhere. Coming back to Canada after Christmas to hopefully see where so many of you call home, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. I missed them last time.

Too right, I'll never pay the mutha off, but I can hang on to it, say for 5-10 yrs, let the equity build, sell off, down size and have little or no mortgage.

Thats the plan, shy of dating a millionaire, ha! Thats unlikely.

Cold beers on a cold winter's night (colder down in Melbourne), but it was 7C here this am,

Wes

any one been to guatemala? thats my home but i grew up in Vancover, BC well Surrey acually

Little town called Stonewall Manitoba. Best small town watering hole around. $2.25 for a beer everyday of the week.

wirrell said:
just wondiring where have you all been?
Canada
United States
West Germany
France
Spain
Gibraltar
Morocco
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Haiti
Mexico
Guatemala
Honduras
Belize
El Salvador
Costa Rica
Panama
Colombia
Venezuela
Aruba
Sint Maarten
St Martin
Anguilla
Turks & Caicos
Cayman Islands
Japan
China
Macao
Hong Kong
Taiwan
Philippines
Thailand

I may have missed a few 8)

Where have I been?  Well lets see...
Canada, coast to coast to coast (Lincon sea northern tip of Ellesmere island AKA CFS Alert)
US - several states and bases incl Hawaii - Hickam Field
Germany - Umpire / damage control staff
Cyprus - Target for peace 1988
England - Changing of the guard - participant

Not as impressive as some here I know but still proud moments all.
Cheers

I find these poll results very surprising. Most of the people I come across in the military seem to pre-dominantly come from the Atlantic provinces and Alberta. I very rarely encounter people from Ontario and almost never meet people from my hometown (Toronto). I always thought this was a bit odd since Ontario has over 1/3 of the country's population and Toronto alone holding 1/6.

BernDawg said:
US - several states and bases incl Hawaii - Hickam Field

did you know an Eisenhower?
he was my ucle in the US forces based in haweii

I think i know the Eisenhower your talking about! Led Allied forces in North-West Europe? Known as Ike? Bit of a champion?
Cool!

Play nice guys.

Nope I didn't meet too many locals there we were on exercise and had little time to schmooze.

Back