• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

I was working at a fried chicken store based in a food court yesterday (whatever helps pay for university) and as we were closing we get a phone call.

Caller: Do you do delivery?
Me: No sir, we don't. We're also in a food court and we're closing for the day.
Caller: Oh. Do you know which *our chain store* does?
Me: You could try *gives another location owned by our owner, a fair distance from our store*.
Caller: Oh. Do you know if *competitor fried chicken chain* does delivery*?

:eek:  :facepalm:

I scratch an itch near my eyes. As of now, I could easily pass for someone who just took a face-full of OC spray.  :facepalm:
[/quote]

I did  the same once after making a Chili with some really hot peppers.  Went outside, wiped my face in the sun and was on the couch for an hour or so wishing I had Gloved up or at least washed after cutting the Chili's.

JMesh said:
Caller: Oh. Do you know if *competitor fried chicken chain* does delivery*?

Obviously, you are not Kris Kringle and neither is your store on 34th St.  Otherwise, you would have told him where to go.... to get his chicken.

Saw this last night on the Rachael Maddow Show. Major WTF moment.

http://www.urlesque.com/2011/01/11/cindy-jacobs-dadt-dead-animals/

Cindy Jacobs, who's correlating dead blackbirds with the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, which means that gay men and lesbians can serve their country proudly without having to shut up when someone asks them if they have a sweetheart back home for fear of losing their jobs because of their private lives.

In other words, Cindy Jacobs -- who might just be Amy Sedaris reprising her Strangers With Candy character, Jerri Blank (that blazer! that necklace! that hairline!) -- is here to clear things up for you: lesbians in the Air Force is killing drum fish.

:rofl:

cupper said:
Cindy Jacobs, who's correlating dead blackbirds with the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Is she for real?  Words fail me.....  :eek:

Anyone notice "she" has a jaw line that looks a tad male?  Just throwing that out there :).

MM

What people will do for money (or attention) never ceases to amaze disgust me.  ::)

Stuck gum blamed for depression

An Edmonton woman has launched a $100,000 lawsuit after alleging she "suffered depression for approximately 10 minutes" when her chewing gum stuck to her dentures.

According to a statement of claim filed in Edmonton's Court of Queen's Bench on Sept. 14, Elsie C. Pawlow is suing Kraft Canada Inc., which is the parent company of Cadbury Adams, the creator of Stride gum.

In the statement of claim, Pawlow - a feisty city senior who says she is "49 and still holding" - alleges she bought at least five packages of Stride gum.

"Over a period of five minutes the gum falls apart into little pieces and sticks to the dentures," Pawlow said in her statement of claim.

She then alleges in the statement of claim, filed at a cost of $200, that she had to "dig out" the pieces of chewing gum from her dentures, which she described as a "disgusting" procedure.

"As a result, the plaintiff has suffered depression for approximately 10 minutes," Pawlow said in the claim.

More at link

Depression for 10 minutes?  Give me a break.

I wonder what she'll say when the bill from the judge comes in the mail with the big WTF!!! DENIED stamped on it.

MM

I hope he makes her pay the court cost for the big corporate lawyers from the other side.

PMedMoe said:
Many U.S. hospitals still handing out free baby formula

Not the article so much, but this:

Really?  How about just giving someone the choice?  ::)

The provision of free samples in order to entice customers is a well-established practice, even in the medical community, so I would say it depends on how much of a "choice" there really is.  Are they making the effort to teach new mothers about nutrition for newborns and the pros and cons of breastfeeding vs bottle?  Or, are they simply giving them formula (provided free of charge by the manufacturer), with the implication being that formula is better than breast milk?

Much of the reporting of the "massive" anti tar sands protest on Parliament Hill qualifies. To put it mildly, the protest is a bust with maybe 300 in attendance. Here is the link to the Parliament Hill web cam to let you take a near real time look.

http://www.ottawakiosk.com/hill_cam.html

Pusser said:
The provision of free samples in order to entice customers is a well-established practice, even in the medical community, so I would say it depends on how much of a "choice" there really is.  Are they making the effort to teach new mothers about nutrition for newborns and the pros and cons of breastfeeding vs bottle?  Or, are they simply giving them formula (provided free of charge by the manufacturer), with the implication being that formula is better than breast milk?

Here's a quote right from the article:

Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield, Ill., the suburban Chicago hospital where Ewald had her baby last March, boasts that 93 per cent of its new mothers are breastfeeding when they're sent home. It also supplies lactation consultants to new moms

I still say most people wouldn't be swayed one way or another.  I bet there's some disposable diapers in the goody bag as well.  So where are the reusable diaper activists?    ;D

PMedMoe said:
  I bet there's some disposable diapers in the goody bag as well.  So where are the reusable diaper activists?    ;D

Could we start a group like that? Oh, BTW I am voting Green in the next provincial election.

The goofball mainstream parties couldn't organize a one person race to a two hole porta pottie/blue rocket.....

Jim Seggie said:
Could we start a group like that? Oh, BTW I am voting Green in the next provincial election.

The goofball mainstream parties couldn't organize a one person race to a two hole porta pottie/blue rocket.....

This makes me feel a bit better, knowing I'm not the only person so disgusted with the usually idiocy from the major players that Green seems a viable protest vote...

Brihard said:
This makes me feel a bit better, knowing I'm not the only person so disgusted with the usually idiocy from the major players that Green seems a viable protest vote...

I am sick of provincial politics. The mudslinging and lies perpetuated by both sides (NDP and Conservative) is disgusting. Add to the "I can spend more than you can" promises makes this election ridiculous.
Plus the Green Candidate isn't bad looking.....

Jim Seggie said:
I am sick of provincial politics. The mudslinging and lies perpetuated by both sides (NDP and Conservative) is disgusting. Add to the "I can spend more than you can" promises makes this election ridiculous.
Plus the Green Candidate isn't bad looking.....

Ottawa-Orleans? Yeah, not bad looking at all. :D

I actually know the dude running Green in Ottawa-West Nepean, Alex Hill. Good guy, though obviously young and inexperienced in politics.

Honestly, more than anything it's the 'not the same old crap' that's motivating me that way.

Being in the British Army I've always hated the phrase:- "C'mon, you're in your own time now!" ;D

Back