• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

We had an interesting quote from the brother of the mayor a few weeks ago: “I’ve got more libraries in my area than I have Tim Hortons.”
Councillor Doug Ford (Ward 2, Etobicoke North), speaking on CFRB 1010 on July 14, 2011.
( Actually, the story said, Etobicoke has 13 library branches and 39 Tim Hortons, )

"Tim Hortons bills itself—successfully—as a Canadian institution. It looks to me more like they’ve killed one";
http://www.eyeweekly.com/notebook/article/111887

mariomike said:
We had an interesting quote from the brother of the mayor a few weeks ago: “I’ve got more libraries in my area than I have Tim Hortons.”
Councillor Doug Ford (Ward 2, Etobicoke North), speaking on CFRB 1010 on July 14, 2011.
( Actually, the story said, Etobicoke has 13 library branches and 39 Tim Hortons, )

"Tim Hortons bills itself—successfully—as a Canadian institution. It looks to me more like they’ve killed one";
http://www.eyeweekly.com/notebook/article/111887

He should go to Oromocto - there are more Tim Horton's within a 3KM radius than there are books in the public library...I guess there is balance in the world.

MM

Jim Seggie said:
I went to my favorite Starbucks last night. The "Scenery" was far better than most I've seen at Tims or McD's.

In fact....it was so good one of our esteemed colleagues would have stayed.....

I hope you're not talking about me, otherwise people are going to start wondering which side you play for.  :nod:

I'm all for Starbucks...or any place that has an espresso machine and can therefore make a latte.  Extra shot of espresso please! (read: I likely coffee strong!)

HavokFour said:
I only go to Starbucks for their Pumpkin Spice Latte in October-November.

I was just at a Starbucks and it's already out.  :nod:

Go ahead, call me "girly", I can take it.  ;D

Strike said:
I hope you're not talking about me, otherwise people are going to start wondering which side you play for.  :nod:

She was young, Asian and in a short skirt.  ;D

Jim Seggie said:
She was young, Asian and in a short skirt.  ;D

Did you check the Adam's apple, Jim.  Nobody wants a Crying Game...  :-X

Good2Golf said:

Ah....don't tell him that.....it's so much fun watching them look hauntingly around forever after.......they never get over it!!  ;D

medicineman said:
He should go to Oromocto - there are more Tim Horton's within a 3KM radius than there are books in the public library...I guess there is balance in the world.

MM

If memory serves correctly, there's a few just on Restigouche Road alone.

One at the mall, on at the TCH and one on Rustiguts, there might be more since I left,

medicineman said:

MM

[serious moment]Actually, the public library here is rather well-stocked with books.  And not just picture books either.  Real books.  With real words! [/serious moment]
Mall, by the TCH, Restigouche and one at the Canex.  Oromocto: four Os, four traffic circles and four Tim Hortons.  But only three sets of traffic lights:
Main Gate
Waasis and Broad Road
Waasis and Restigouche

Technoviking said:
[serious moment]Actually, the public library here is rather well-stocked with books.  And not just picture books either.  Real books.  With real words! [/serious moment]
Mall, by the TCH, Restigouche and one at the Canex.  Oromocto: four Os, four traffic circles and four Tim Hortons.  But only three sets of traffic lights:
Main Gate
Waasis and Broad Road
Waasis and Restigouche

When was the one in the CANEX built? I don't remember one being there when I was in Gagetown in '05, I remember there being the CANEX, Griffon's and a barber shop, that's it.

Good2Golf said:

Sorry not always a reliable test  8)

http://www.doctorsaran.com/procedure.php?cat_id=4&procedure_id=22

The one at the Canex opened just his year.  We are up to 4 in Oromocto.  I think they need a head office now.

Technoviking said:
Main Gate
Waasis and Broad Road
Waasis and Restigouche

The real question is do any of those "Real books.  With real words" ever get checked out and used - Seems like a waste of perfectly good reading material to me!  ;)

PMedMoe said:
I was just at a Starbucks and it's already out.  :nod:

Go ahead, call me "girly", I can take it.  ;D

Still out of season. It should only be drank when the leaves start turning for the full autumn effect.

HavokFour said:
Still out of season. It should only be drank when the leaves start turning for the full autumn effect.

Well, I didn't get one.  Yet.......    ;)

PMedMoe said:
Well, I didn't get one.  Yet.......    ;)

I've already caved and bought one. I figure if it's past Labour day, it's fair game to get one. Btw, the Salted Caramel Mocha is pretty darn good too, but I have a real soft spot for caramel. You could seriously put caramel on a piece of tree bark and I'd eat every bite.

Back