• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Munchin said:
Being in the British Army I've always hated the phrase:- "C'mon, you're in your own time now!" ;D
Exactly!! If I'm on my own time why am I still here?????  ;D

Spider web stops Canada Post delivery

A spider web — and a skittish mail carrier —prevented a Dartmouth, N.S., man from getting his mail for more than a week.

Kevin Keating noticed his letters had stopped coming after a few days, but received no notice from Canada Post.

"We just thought the mail was being stolen," he said Wednesday.

Keating made multiple phone inquiries about his lack of letters, but it took eight days for him to learn the reason for the stoppage.

A carrier delivered a handwritten note on the back of a letter explaining simply, "Spider webs," followed by the date.

Keating then learned his regular postal worker would not cross the path to his front door because there was a spider web across it.

More at link

Through wind and snow and sleet and hail......but apparently not spider webs.  ::)

"I thought I could push the material in the mulching machine by hand."

(This was after we extracted the guy using a grinder to cut him out and sent him to the hospital by ambulance. Thankfully the injury was relatively minor.)

NinerSix said:
"I thought I could push the material in the mulching machine by hand."

(This was after we extracted the guy using a grinder to cut him out and sent him to the hospital by ambulance. Thankfully the injury was relatively minor.)

You know the mantra though. The one professed by Unions and Safety organizations: "There is no such thing as a stupid worker, simply workers that have not had proper training." ::)

recceguy said:
You know the mantra though. The one professed by Unions and Safety organizations: "There is no such thing as a stupid worker, simply workers that have not had proper training." ::)

Like  the "no such thing as a stupid question?"

I beg to differ.

Jim Seggie said:
Like  the "no such thing as a stupid question?"

I beg to differ.

Normally I subscribe to "The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask." philosophy. However I agree, there are exceptions.

recceguy said:

If there is no such thing as a stupid worker, how do you explain the I-D-10-T's that have had the training, and still manage to pull a dumbass move?

cupper said:
If there is no such thing as a stupid worker, how do you explain the I-D-10-T's that have had the training, and still manage to pull a dumbass move?
Ask OSHA

I think it was Einstein who said:

"If you make something idiot proof the universe will retaliate by building a better idiot."

For your consideration, in the category of "stupidest lawsuit i have heard of today"

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/13/moviegoer-sues-not-enough-driving-in-drive/

Lawsuit of the day: Sarah Deming of Michigan is suing FilmDistrict, the distributor of Ryan Gosling's flick “Drive,” because she wanted more driving in the film, CNN confirmed.

The suit also names Novi, Michigan’s Emagine Theaters, because Deming wants her money back. Deming hopes to get others involved in the suit so they too can recover the ticket cost. The complaint doesn't specify how much she is seeking, just that she allegedly suffered "damages including but not limited to the purchase price of the ticket."

Deming claims that the promotional material for the crime drama was misleading, suggesting the film would feature more action-y driving scenes.

“Drive,” by the way, tells the story of a Hollywood stunt driver (Gosling) who gets involved with a heist gone wrong. It does feature a good deal of action (and violence), but there are other elements to the film. For instance, a love story.

The suit alleges that the company "promoted the film ‘Drive’ as very similar to the ‘Fast and Furious,’ or similar, series of movies." But, Sarah was sad to learn, "’Drive’ bore very little similarity to a chase, or race action film… having very little driving in the motion picture."

Deming also claims the film is anti-Semitic, and that it “promoted violence against members of the Jewish faith.”

A spokesperson for FilmDistrict told CNN they don't comment on pending litigation.

Sarah Deming may not have liked “Drive,” but critics did. The movie earned a score of 93 percent fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

CDN Aviator said:
For your consideration, in the category of "stupidest lawsuit i have heard of today"

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/13/moviegoer-sues-not-enough-driving-in-drive/

Maybe Sarah needs to be driven.......

Jim Seggie said:
well not quite like that............

Well, if you meant it sexually, then go ahead.  I prefer my partners to have a brain.  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Well, if you meant it sexually, then go ahead.  I prefer my partners to have a brain.  ;)

I'm a man remember? brainless is Ok sometimes.... >:D

Jim Seggie said:
I'm a man remember? brainless is Ok sometimes.... >:D

I guess you don't like to talk after.  Oh, never mind, you're a man, you just roll over and go to sleep.  ;D  ;)

PMedMoe said:

Now is that one each, or one total (brain that is)?

Back