• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

To quote the eminent philosopher Denis Leary; "Stop puttin' shit in the coffee!"

From the department of redundant redundancies (highlights mine):

Woman nets $14,000 from sexless marriage

A judge in France has ruled that a 51-year-old man must pay his 47-year-old ex-wife damages for failing to fulfill her sexual needs for 21 years.

The Telegraph reports that a man from Nice, in southern France, known in court as Jean-Louis B., must pay his wife 10,000 euros -- or $13,965 -- to compensate for a "lack of sex over 21 years of marriage."

The man was fined under section 215 of France's civil code, which says married couples agree to a "shared communal life."

More at link

Definition of communal:  1.  used or shared in common by everyone in a group: a communal jug of wine.
2. of, by, or belonging to the people of a community; shared or participated in by the public: communal land; Building the playground was a communal project.
3. pertaining to a commune or a community: communal life.
4. engaged in by or involving two or more communities: communal conflict.

Besides, why didn't she just fool around?  Isn't that considered acceptable in France, as long as one is discreet?    ;D

PMedMoe said:
Besides, why didn't she just fool around?  Isn't that considered acceptable in France, as long as one is discreet?    ;D

I'm not so sure discretion is a requirement! ;D

Another way of looking at this though is, if her husband won't have her and she can't fool around, perhaps there's another problem...

So now being obese is a disability......  ::)

Patron too big for White Castle?

A New York state man is suing a chain of burger joints because he can't fit his 290-lb. frame in the restaurant's chairs.

Martin Kessman, 64, said White Castle is violating the Americans With Disabilities Act by not providing supersized seats - or at least ones that aren't stationary.

More at link

PMedMoe said:
So now being obese is a disability......  ::)

Actually, the article doesn't say that the man is obese.  Perhaps he's using this particular act because no other statute talks about access (which is what this is really about)?

I feel for him.  I too am a larger than average human being who gets a little tired of the lack of room in places like this and on public transit, airplanes etc.  I'm not freakishly huge, but sitting down on a public bus in Ottawa can be outright painful with my knees embedded in the metal seat in front of me.  It's all in attempt to cram more people into less space.  The older buses in Gatineau are much more comfortable.

Pusser said:
Actually, the article doesn't say that the man is obese.
The article does say that when the company sent him coupons for free hamburgers, he complained that the cheese was extra -- I suspect he's fat.

In the case of Mr. Kessman, QMI appears to be more polite and general than the New York Post's headline writer without being as precise:  "White Castle hates fatty’s gut:  Portly patron sues for bigger booths"

Pusser said:
Actually, the article doesn't say that the man is obese ....
Journeyman said:
.... I suspect he's fat.
Photo from NY Post by Angel Chevrestt attached - he's quoted by the Post saying “I’m not humongous, [but] I’m a big guy. I could not wedge myself in.” - you be the judge.

- edited to add Kessman's self-describing quote -

milnews.ca said:
Photo from NY Post by Angel Chevrestt attached - you be the judge.

While I wouldn't call this man obese, given the heart attack rates for men his age with *ahem* extra body fat carried around the waist, he might want to consider not going to the restaurant, or getting his meal to go, and taking a walk in the park.  :nod:

Hey, wait a second, isn't that Wilford Brimley  ???  ;)

milnews.ca said:
In the case of Mr. Kessman, QMI appears to be more polite and general than the New York Post's headline writer without being as precise:  "White Castle hates fatty’s gut:  Portly patron sues for bigger booths"
Photo from NY Post by Angel Chevrestt attached - he's quoted by the Post saying “I’m not humongous, [but] I’m a big guy. I could not wedge myself in.” - you be the judge.

I've been as fat as that dude, (which, IMO, is fat enough to be "classified" as fat).
As a matter of fact, I ran into exactly the same problem with my gut being squished by fast-food tables.

Y'know what I did?.....

STOPPED EATING SO MUCH OF THE GODDAMN FAST FOOD.

I didn't sue one single person....(pats self on back)

milnews.ca said:

As Larry the cable guy would say:  Suing fast food joints for making me fat would be like suing Hustler magazine for giving me carpal tunnel syndrome....

TK-421 said:
As Larry the cable guy would say:  Suing fast food joints for making me fat would be like suing Hustler magazine for giving me carpal carnal tunnel syndrome....

Fixed that for you.

He's slouched in his seat! If he sat up straight he'd have more room for his belly. My husband was that big - yes, too much junk food! He complained bitterly about the seats in fast food restaurants, but when he sat up, his belly cleared the edge of the table table nicely!

Hawk

Hawk said:
He's slouched in his seat! If he sat up straight he'd have more room for his belly. My husband was that big - yes, too much junk food! He complained bitterly about the seats in fast food restaurants, but when he sat up, his belly cleared the edge of the table table nicely!

Hawk
But that wouldn't make as cool a picture, right?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2011/09/16/sk-escaped-inmate-110916.html

"They refused to provide a photograph of the inmate because of privacy concerns. Nor would they identify his home community. However, they did say he was sentenced in Prince Albert."

FYI Corrections Canada doesnt score these are escapes. They score them as "walk aways" because its minimum. The escape statistic is super misleading.

Also stupid? Ensuring that an escaped murderer has his privacy respected. Releasing a photo in this case is not a privacy issue. If he remains on the lam much longer I would expect someone with more sense than who ever made this decision to change this.

Some of the managers in the correctional system.....AMAZING

Container said:
Some of the managers in the correctional system.....AMAZING

Years ago Monty Bourke was a prime example of the "exemplary" management within the CSC...  ::)

Read the book "Con Game" if you want to see how ridiculous CSC management and policy can get.

OK, it's not exactly the dumbest thing I've heard said today, it's more along the lines of the dumbest thing I've   seen   done today.

This dubious "honour" befalls me today. I just picked a bunch of chilies from my veggie garden. In my infinite wisdom, I did so without wearing gloves and totally neglected that I had a bunch of cayenne and habanero chilies to pick. I go about picking them, being content with yet another good harvest when upon finishing picking them, I scratch an itch near my eyes. As of now, I could easily pass for someone who just took a face-full of OC spray.  :facepalm:

Back