• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

And for good reasons. It had several poison pills.

I love how the posters here are suddenly pretending they don't understand anything about congressional politics.

Oh good, you’re back. You took an extremely low and ugly shot at me the other day and left my reply unanswered. As a reminder:

I absolutely was not, and that’s a disgusting allegation. I challenge you to either back that accusation up, or retract it and apologize. Your integrity and credibility is at stake.

Harris is finally doing a major TV interview tonight.... but she can't do it alone, she is bringing her emotional support animal; Walz.
The post-convention "team" interview is customary, and in part exists to introduce the VP who has just been confirmed during the convention.

The perception problem the Harris campaign has is that the presidential candidate has customarily already been through a primary campaign, including numerous debates and interviews.

There is only one chance to prove you can stand up for yourself in your first big unscripted interview, and the Harris campaign has (probably with relief) chosen to throw it away. Custom will serve as the excuse for her defenders; the image of bringing her dad to her first big job interview will serve as the focus of mockery for her attackers.

The post-convention "team" interview is customary, and in part exists to introduce the VP who has just been confirmed during the convention.

The perception problem the Harris campaign has is that the presidential candidate has customarily already been through a primary campaign, including numerous debates and interviews.

There is only one chance to prove you can stand up for yourself in your first big unscripted interview, and the Harris campaign has (probably with relief) chosen to throw it away. Custom will serve as the excuse for her defenders; the image of bringing her dad to her first big job interview will serve as the focus of mockery for her attackers.
I mean, if we’re talking custom here, a convicted felon customarily wouldn’t be running for office…

Except that said pluses and minuses aren’t all equal. “Convicted felon” isn’t the same -1 as “bad interviewee”.
Correct. But it'll mean nothing if it doesn't survive appeal. If it was a straightforward case for which the case theory was routinely applied, there wouldn't be much doubt of the conviction being upheld. But the case was novel and unusual, and so it might not.

Correct. But it'll mean nothing if it doesn't survive appeal. If it was a straightforward case for which the case theory was routinely applied, there wouldn't be much doubt of the conviction being upheld. But the case was novel and unusual, and so it might not.
Novel and unusual is putting it mildly.

Reactions: QV
Lots of podcasts talking about the positive impact RFK’s endorsement is having on Trump’s chances. The win could even be outside the MoC in some swing states.

Oh good, you’re back. You took an extremely low and ugly shot at me the other day and left my reply unanswered. As a reminder:
No, for the sake of the forum I didn't want to engage in further mudslinging, which is why I did not double down, but if you insist; you are in my eyes an abhorrent individual, ever eager to justify our modern society's worst failings; you did the same with regard to that German LEO who was KIA.

I'll keep it to that. I'm sure you can live without my respect, I'm just a guy on the internet. And I'll live happily ever after without yours.

No, for the sake of the forum I didn't want to engage in further mudslinging, which is why I did not double down, but if you insist; you are in my eyes an abhorrent individual, ever eager to justify our modern society's worst failings; you did the same with regard to that German LEO who was KIA.

I'll keep it to that. I'm sure you can live without my respect, I'm just a guy on the internet. And I'll live happily ever after without yours.
Nope, you’re trying to move the goalposts and change the topic, while simultaneously occupying a high ground you have no claim to. You accused me of, and I quote, “recently celebrating gleefully rationalizing the deaths of Trump supporters”. Your words, and I guarantee you cannot back them up. That’s what I called you on and gave you a chance to address. I suspect you lack the humility and integrity to own that you went overboard on that and said something you can’t show receipts for, and to apologize.

And the German LEO? I’m not even mad at that mischaracterization because now you’re just being silly. You’re going off on some histrionic rant about me “justifying our modern society’s worst failings”, when that discussion was simply about cops coming on to a fucked up scene and trying to do the best they could to interpret and act on what was unfolding in front of them- with tragic error in that case. In any event, I’m happy to leave that sidetrack with this gentle course correction to you.

Sticking to the subject: “recently celebrating gleefully rationalizing the deaths of Trump supporters”: back it up and show me my words. Put up or shut up. You chose to take the conversation there, let’s see you own what you said- if you’re going to lie about me I’m not about to let you dance around it unchallenged.

I can speak from experience here. These 'oh yeah' 'yeah' discussions are better for the forum if you take them to PMs. Saving face and trying to stake out moral grounds, while attempting to publicly humiliate each other, is a mug's game.

I can speak from experience here. These 'oh yeah' 'yeah' discussions are better for the forum if you take them to PMs. Saving face and trying to stake out moral grounds, while attempting to publicly humiliate each other, is a mug's game.

Someone takes a low shot at me and tries to malign me publicly, particularly related to the thread’s topic, I’ll address it publicly. As you yourself know I’m perfectly willing to move such discussions to PM when there’s some good faith from the other guy and a willingness to resolve things. That appears to be lacking here. If the mods take issue with it they can discuss it with me.

The same people that told us Biden was perfectly fine physically and mentally are telling us Harris will be a great POTUS.

Back