• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

First it was Harris stealing 'No Tax on tips' from Trump.

Now she wants to build Trump's border wall šŸ¤£

That is an interesting way of saying ā€œit was the same bill that was proposed earlier in the Biden administration, which was scuttled by the GOP on Trumpā€™s ordersā€.

The Biden admin was recommending it anyway, so why wouldnā€™t she continue it?

(Statements taken directly from the linked article)

Driving the news: In her speech to the Democratic National Convention last week, Harris said she would sign the recent bipartisan border security bill ā€” which Trump had ordered his allies to kill, fearing it would help Democrats in the November elections.

From ABC News:

Sounds like they released a campaign video but withheld video of the actual described and admitted confrontational interaction. I want to see the video of what team Trump alleges to be the person having the ā€˜mental health episodeā€™ or however they phrased it.

He's losing it guys:

Vance called Harris "disgraceful" and said the narrative should be that "Kamala Harris is so asleep at the wheel that she won't even do an investigation into what happened, and she wants to yell at Donald Trump because he showed up."

"She can go to hell," he said.

That is an interesting way of saying ā€œit was the same bill that was proposed earlier in the Biden administration, which was scuttled by the GOP on Trumpā€™s ordersā€.
It's a myth that the bill was "scuttled...on Trump's orders".

Trump wanted the bill killed. For their own reasons, so did other Republicans. That doesn't make them his handmaidens.

Trump wanted the bill killed. For their own reasons, so did other Republicans. That doesn't make them his handmaidens.
I was quoting the Axios article that @Fishbone Jones brought up.

From what youā€™re saying, elements of the GOP wanted a bipartisan (well, maybe less so now) killed. Iā€™m not sure it makes it any better.

He's losing it guys:

Politics aside, the fact is that Arlington National Cemetery, esp the section that has military membersā€™ graves, does not allow this. Hence the whole ā€œaltercationā€ thing.

It raises another question - were Biden and Harris invited? If so, why didnā€™t they attend? If not, why would they just show up?

Also, exactly what is the VPā€™s role in the suicide bombing 3 years ago? If anything, blame Biden as POTUS.

Politics aside, the fact is that Arlington National Cemetery, esp the section that has military membersā€™ graves, does not allow this. Hence the whole ā€œaltercationā€ thing.

It raises another question - were Biden and Harris invited? If so, why didnā€™t they attend? If not, why would they just show up?

Also, exactly what is the VPā€™s role in the suicide bombing 3 years ago? If anything, blame Biden as POTUS.
It was a private ceremony put on by the families of two of these soldiers killed at the airport. The families invited Trump personally. This was not a formal event in any way.

It was a private ceremony put on by the families of two of these soldiers killed at the airport. The families invited Trump personally. This was not a formal event in any way.
Thanks for the clarification.

So, an event where POTUS and VPOTUS werenā€™t invited, hence them going is inappropriate, and where Trump used that time/area (again, not allowed as per law) for campaign media.

Maybe Iā€™m biased but that is not a good look for Trump, and easily justified by Biden and Harris as to why they didnā€™t go.

From what youā€™re saying, elements of the GOP wanted a bipartisan (well, maybe less so now) killed. Iā€™m not sure it makes it any better.
There's nothing unusual about that. One party can peel off a handful of members of the other party and call a bill "bipartisan". Some Republicans liked the compromise, and many did not. Regardless, fallacies of association ought always be avoided: just because Trump "commands" something doesn't mean everyone who goes in the same direction is following his "commands".

There's nothing unusual about that. One party can peel off a handful of members of the other party and call a bill "bipartisan". Some Republicans liked the compromise, and many did not. Regardless, fallacies of association ought always be avoided: just because Trump "commands" something doesn't mean everyone who goes in the same direction is following his "commands".
I would normally agree but the past few months have shown that any Republican going against the GOP MAGA party line has been shot down, and walks back their comments/proposals, etc to align with the party.

So - the relatives of just two of the 13 service personnel involved and for one of them its an aunt, sister and mother-in-law.

I don't want to minimize the true pain these individuals feel for the loss of their loved ones but my cynicism metre's needle has deflected to the far right and dubbed this nothing more than a crass and shameless MAGA photo opportunity. Old Bone Spurs is trying to repair a tattered reputation and is doing it badly.

šŸ˜ 

So - the relatives of just two of the 13 service personnel involved and for one of them its an aunt, sister and mother-in-law.

I don't want to minimize the true pain these individuals feel for the loss of their loved ones but my cynicism metre's needle has deflected to the far right and dubbed this nothing more than a crass and shameless MAGA photo opportunity. Old Bone Spurs is trying to repair a tattered reputation and is doing it badly.

šŸ˜ 
And, once again, Arlington National Cemetery rules do not allow using Section 60 for political purposes. The families of those two people donā€™t overrule the cemeteryā€™s rules.

Itā€™s fine if he was just there. Itā€™s fine if he made remarks. Itā€™s fine to take pictures and video to commemorate the event.

It is not fine to make a video or take pictures, then use it in any political means, including Vance slamming Biden or Harris for not being there.

And it doesnā€™t matter which side it is. If the Dems did that, it is equally against the rules of the cemetery.

šŸ˜ 
Yep. Opportunism. And it looks like it is backfiring in spectacular fashion.

And for good reasons. It had several poison pills.

I love how the posters here are suddenly pretending they don't understand anything about congressional politics.

Back