• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald H said:
China's leadership is divided at best but one of their main talking points is that Trump makes it easier for China by destroying America.
The Dems also have traditionally been the hardest to deal with on free and fair trade with Canada, as one example. They've always been more concerned with the average American worker while the Repubs are always more interested in selling out the farm to China and other countries.  Trump can only pretend to not be a corporatist so he can con his base which is made up of ordinary Americans.

WTF.  Do you really purport that China has a leadership schism, and use that as the justification for supporting your opinion? You might want to try a different tack.

Weinie said:
WTF.  Do you really purport that China has a leadership schism, and use that as the justification for supporting your opinion? You might want to try a different tack.

IMO there is no leadership schism in Communist China. He is President for Life and as such anyone that disagrees with him will suffer the wrath of the President.  China is not a cute panda bear. It is a dangerous hungry grizzly.

>China's leadership is divided

Are you qualified to make that diagnosis about Xi?

Brad Sallows said:
>China's leadership is divided

Are you qualified to make that diagnosis about Xi?

Interesting question Brad. Is anyone qualified to voice political opinions? That particular opinion was me repeating the information contained in an article that asked the question on whether China would prefer Trump or Biden. I'll try to find it again for you. And so what's your opinion?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/25/asia/biden-trump-china-preferred-candidate-hnk-intl/index.html

from that link:

But experts say the reality is far more complex, and China's leadership remains decidedly split on which candidate would better align with the country's long-term strategic aims.

It's a joke.  China's leadership is Xi.  If his mind is divided, then China's leadership is divided.

Brad Sallows said:
It's a joke.  China's leadership is Xi.  If his mind is divided, then China's leadership is divided.

It’s a totalitarian regime. Xi is the supreme leader - make no mistake if anyone strays to far from the line retribution will be swift and severe and in 9mm calibre - or whatever they use.

Donald H said:
Interesting question Brad. Is anyone qualified to voice political opinions? That particular opinion was me repeating the information contained in an article that asked the question on whether China would prefer Trump or Biden. I'll try to find it again for you. And so what's your opinion?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/25/asia/biden-trump-china-preferred-candidate-hnk-intl/index.html

from that link:

And the author is a Bloomberg kid..........

FJAG said:
Post all you want. If you want to make a promise, promise to try reading something a bit more balanced than the American Spectator.

;D

Hi FJAG

What MSM would be that balance? The NYT? WaPO? CNN? Note that they seem to share a common theme so I won't call them balanced. However, they are legit sources of news.

As i said to another poster, I prefer media that leans to the right. Washington Times, washingtom Examiner, NY Post, American Spectator, Breitbart, etc.

:cheers:

shawn5o said:
I prefer media that leans to the right. Washington Times, washingtom Examiner, NY Post, American Spectator, Breitbart, etc.

Gotta love the Post!  I'm a semi-regular reader. :)

Only familiar with the others from seeing them posted on here.

Attachments

• NY_Post.png
    NY_Post.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 23
Jarnhamar said:
Thats going to disappoint so many Canadians who are obsessed with Trump.

10 minutes after Trump looses he's going to announce he's writing a book and move on to his next business adventure.

Assuming he accepts defeat.

If it's close I see contention on both sides.  So maybe 10 mins after they figure that part out.  He won't be writing any books but I see him doing speaking circuits, interviews everywhere peddling whatever conspiracy he will blame for his loss.  Assuming he loses.

I'm not sure the US will carry on as normal though. 

Remius said:
Assuming he accepts defeat.

If it's close I see contention on both sides.  So maybe 10 mins after they figure that part out.  He won't be writing any books but I see him doing speaking circuits, interviews everywhere peddling whatever conspiracy he will blame for his loss.  Assuming he loses.

I'm not sure the US will carry on as normal though.

So sort of like Hillary did.

Weinie said:

Sure.  She was never president so does not have to act like an ex president.  I’m guessing he will follow her lead and not act like an ex president should.

Weinie said:

Or Michelle  ::)

I like to infuriate my wife and her buddies when they gush about Michelle and I ask 'How many people voted for her?'  :stirpot:

Laying the ground work.  Internal polls (these ones are actually truthful) show the democrats they are on track for a landslide loss.  So despite a landslide win for Trump on election night, they are holding out for a mass mail count over the days after that will turn the win over to Biden.  Hence HRC's comments about not conceding under any circumstances.  Hence the leftist drive for mass mail in voting for this election.  All despite a bi-partisan commission in 2009 (chaired by James Baker and Jimmy Carter) and other academic studies that found mass mail in ballots were subject to significant fraud.

https://www.axios.com/bloomberg-group-trump-election-night-scenarios-a554e8f5-9702-437e-ae75-d2be478d42bb.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/15/trump-glide-reelection-republican-officials-316457

If you can't win with these rules, try and cheat change the rules.

QV said:
Laying the ground work.  Internal polls (these ones are actually truthful) show the democrats they are on track for a landslide loss.  So despite a landslide win for Trump on election night, they are holding out for a mass mail count over the days after that will turn the win over to Biden.  Hence HRC's comments about not conceding under any circumstances.  Hence the leftist drive for mass mail in voting for this election.  All despite a bi-partisan commission in 2009 (chaired by James Baker and Jimmy Carter) and other academic studies that found mass mail in ballots were subject to significant fraud.

https://www.axios.com/bloomberg-group-trump-election-night-scenarios-a554e8f5-9702-437e-ae75-d2be478d42bb.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/15/trump-glide-reelection-republican-officials-316457

I think you're onto something really important. The mail-in ballot numbers could be enormous and the unrest in the interim between election night results and outstanding votes will almost certainly be over the top.

Brings back memories of 2000 and how the Scotus decided the outcome. All of which is just useless speculation of course!

The State voters on the electoral college only vote the next president in on December 14 for this current election. So, it doesn't matter what happen to the popular vote until that time.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
The State voters on the electoral college only vote the next president in on December 14 for this current election. So, it doesn't matter what happen to the popular vote until that time.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. And so another question you may be able to answer? Their electoral college system appears to be designed to allow any state to choose the loser in their particular state. That being if the popular vote in the country is not for the winner in their state. Yes/no?

Not to suggest that's ever been the practice, just the principle.

The electoral college is a weird animal. Each state's legislature decides how the electoral voters of their state will vote. In most states, they adopted a system where the winner of that state's popular vote gets 100% of the state's electors on the electoral college, and the various states have take some measures to ensure non of those electors will go "rogue" and vote differently.

In two states, Maine and Nebraska, the winner of the state's popular vote automatically gets the first two electors, then the rest are split on a proportional basis.

That's why counting a few votes one way or the other (such as happened in Florida for Bush the second) can make a huge difference since you then get all the state's electors.

QV said:

Yet strangely Trump seems to want to encourage mail in voting when it matters to him...

Or even vote twice if you can.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-encourages-north-carolina-residents-to-vote-by-mail-and-in-person-91049541823

Oldgateboatdriver said:
The electoral college is a weird animal. Each state's legislature decides how the electoral voters of their state will vote. In most states, they adopted a system where the winner of that state's popular vote gets 100% of the state's electors on the electoral college, and the various states have take some measures to ensure non of those electors will go "rogue" and vote differently.

In two states, Maine and Nebraska, the winner of the state's popular vote automatically gets the first two electors, then the rest are split on a proportional basis.

That's why counting a few votes one way or the other (such as happened in Florida for Bush the second) can make a huge difference since you then get all the state's electors.

Thanks, I sort of understand but not completely. So let's say the popular vote in Nebraska goes to Trump, say 51%. Nebraska awards Trump half of their electors (5 of the 10?) and the other 5 can go either way? So in fairness, 4 of the other 5 could go to Biden?  (just trying to come up with an example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back