• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SQ for combat eng. Where is it?

helene_alone

Inactive
Reaction score
My friend is doing is BMQ in st-jean right now, his MOC will be combat eng.  We searched everywhere the answer to this question before he left and found nothing. 
We know that BMQ is at st-jean for 10 weeks and that he will have to go to gagetown for 20 week later on. The thing is, we read on the official army website that there is a 10 week SQ training to be done in between and nowhere does it says at which base it will be done.
I understand that we will know in due time but the bug is he has children... so he needs to plan a bit!
can anyone help me with that?? What are the possibilities?
Thanks in advance!

Could be held in many places.   The area training centres (in Wainwright AB, Meaford ON, Valcartier QC, and Gagetown NB) all run the SQ course.   It is concievable that CFSME (Gagetown NB) could run an SQ course, but I don't know if they do.   Borden also runs SQ courses.  

MCG said:
Could be held in many places.   The area training centres (in Wainwright AB, Meaford ON, Valcartier QC, and Gagetown NB) all run the SQ course.   It is concievable that CFSME (Gagetown NB) could run an SQ course, but I don't know if they do.   Borden also runs SQ courses.  

When i was still at CFSME, we did not run the SQ course. LFAA TC was responsible for that course.

aesop081 said:
When i was still at CFSME, we did not run the SQ course. LFAA TC was responsible for that course.

hummm... I am really lost now. Sorry to be so unaware but all those acronisms are giving me a headache! (maybe the fact that i'm french also is a factor since those acronisms aren't the same in french...)
so what were you trying to tell me? what is CFSME, LFAA TC?

helene_alone said:
hummm... I am really lost now. Sorry to be so unaware but all those acronisms are giving me a headache! (maybe the fact that i'm french also is a factor since those acronisms aren't the same in french...)
so what were you trying to tell me? what is CFSME, LFAA TC?

CFSME is the Canadian Forces School of Military Engineering.....the school where combat engineers go.

LFAA TC is the Land Force Atlantic Area Training Center.

Both are located in gagetown........

CFSME handles engineer courses while LFAA TC has other roles which includes the SQ course.

En passant CFSME en francais est EGMFC.......ecole du genie militaire des forces canadiennes!

that was more than welcome!! it will help me not to look so stupid next time... :p
i guess now that the answer of my former question is:
nobody knows! probably gagetown or valcartier or even borden...
well, i guess we will all have to wait and see!

Thanks for the info!
:)

helene_alone said:
that was more than welcome!! it will help me not to look so stupid next time... :p
i guess now that the answer of my former question is:
nobody knows! probably gagetown or valcartier or even borden...
well, i guess we will all have to wait and see!

Thanks for the info!
:)

I was a combat engineer for 11 years......have fun, you'll enjoy it !

oh no, I am not the one going in... my friend is! lol i have my own civil career, mind you... could have been a JAG though!! :p
thanks anyway, i really think he choose the right MOC for his personality.

You sure you don't want to give it a try?  ;) The machine is always looking for a few good people! :salute:

honestly? I thought about it... even went to the recruitment center with my soon-to-be combat eng. friend...
but thing is, I am 33 y.o., have two kids ( 11 and 7 years old) part time and really really bad knees (ex-synchronized swimmer, that would do it! scrap your knees for the rest of your life!!).
the sergeant at that center really pushed me for it. said JAG with experience (been doing administrative law for 7 years now) are always needed.
The fact that i would most probably be posted in Ottawa while my kids are in Montreal bothered me also.

Hey, at least you thought about it! You asked elsewhere what you could do for your friend to support him, etc. Send mail! Letters, parcels, cards whatever. News from home is always a crowd pleaser. Don't try to phone him. Let him call you when he is able. When he gets home for a visit...buy him beer...lots and lots...don't let him pay...ever, for anything!... :blotto:

;D
thanks but let me tell you that we will both have something else in mind then drinking beer!! at least i hope!! LOL
didnt know he was allowed to received mail. I'm gonna send him something tomorrow.

Thats about the only thing better than drinking beer! :-[ I forgot one other thing. Show up for his grad parade. That would be the pinnacle. Good luck. :salute:

Back