• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Running Shoes Recommendation

I had to buy a new pair of sneakers after I got my orthotics, and I found that the Brooks Radius worked best for me. I tried on a bunch of pairs and either they felt too tight or just not right. These have left me very satisfied.

I found this info on it:
The Brooks Radius 5 completely updated offers a soft yet balanced ride for the neutral runner that may need an inkling of pronation control without moving to a stability shoe.

Upper
Synthetic and Air Mesh for maximum breathability. S257 Cushsole the durable energy efficient midsole material utilized as an insole board provides great cushioning, durability and flexibility.

Sole
A full length Substance 257 midsole offers unsurpassed cushioning and durability. Heel and Forefoot Hydroflow stabilizes the foot and returns energy stride after stride. The engineered Cush-Pod Technology is biomechanically engineered to set the foot in an efficient balanced position from heel strike to toe off. DRB Accel, a high density molded TPU, is engineered into the midfoot for torsional stability. Stability Arch Pod, passive posting for a touch of medial support. HPR in the heel for increased traction and outsole durability.

Weight
Men's size 9 is 11.4oz (323g)
Women's size 7 is 9.4oz (266g)

Evaluation Brooks is well known for its stability and motion control shoes, but not quite as renowned for its cushioning models. The firm started to address this last year with the excellent Glycerin, and continues with the Radius.
It goes head-to-head with favourites like the Nike Air Pegasus and the Asics Gel Cumulus. It's slightly heavier than these, but compares well. A midsole made completely from Brooks' Substance 257 high-grade EVA with fore- and rearfoot Hydroflow pads, provides a plush ride.
The S257 midsole also makes the Radius a fleet-feeling and smooth shoe. As with all Brooks shoes, the Radius has a relatively wide footprint, which means inherent stability. Although not a shoe for anyone with serious stability problems, it is supportive enough for mild overpronators.
In short Another nicely cushioned, stable and smooth shoe from Brooks that should help broaden the brand's appeal.
Try it on if you liked Brooks Glycerin; Asics Gel Cumulus; Nike Air Pegasus

lol i got my FILAs from value village for 10$. dont seem to be any discomfort ;) ;D

I'm also a plug for the running room.Even though when I was in pet I was anti running peroid,theres a couple stores in Ottawa so theres an excuse to get out of the valley for the weekend.

I also bought the shox but found they were a little heavy for longer runs but great for below 10km.So I switched over to the air Perseus which offer a lot of impact support for the LSD runs.

Personally I will only wear Nike from here on in.I tried a pair of brooks from the running room and thankfully they allow you to bring them back because they sucked.I found newbalance was a nice shoe but fell apart within 2 months (under 600km).

I'm not an expert runner but I would suggest buying two pairs.Use them only for running and as you hit 700-800 km turn them into your new walking shoes.

Also look as franko suggested at pronation.Most pers at the running room will be able to look at the back of your feet and tell you.I'm a neutral so that's why Nike works so well for me.

cheers

i might as well give 2 thumbs up for the running room aswell. I showed up, took my socks shoes off. The guy checked my feet out and recomended several shoes. we started talking and he even gave me the military discount before i swore in. I ended up with the Mizunos.
great experience and ill highly recomend the running room just like everyone else here.

Back