• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP vs DEO

Skyxx

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to apply for ROTP if you're already in a civilian university? I'm just starting my first year as an aerospace engineering student at Ryerson and my initial plan was to apply as a DEO for pilot position once I would finish school and get my CPL while in university. Recently, I was told that it's almost impossible to become a pilot if you are a DEO applicant because of the pilot training backlog and COVID-19 so I started looking into applying as a ROTP after my first or second year in university. I would really appreciate some guidance 🙏🏻

It is completely possible to enter RMC after a few years of civ uni. In fact I know someone who got in this year with two years of civ uni already completed. Often you can get credit transfers and if you're lucky enough you can get a year knocked off your stay at RMC but that's usually only for those with two of more years of civ uni done.

I would recommend applying now, while you are still in your first year of study. While it is possible to apply later, the RMC admissions department has a habit of finding applicants with more than one year of civilian university complete as being unsuitable for admission to RMC for ROTP.

I also recommend studying for the aptitude test (CFAT), as it can make or break the competitiveness of your application.

Back