• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PMJT: The First 100 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops, promise made and promise broken, already, according to a report in the Halifax Chronicle Herald which says that "The Liberal government is already changing its tune on a campaign promise to reopen nine Veterans Affairs Canada offices closed by the Harper government, including one in Sydney.

The party’s “Real Change” platform document explicitly states a Liberal government would “restore access to the support that veterans are due, we will reopen the nine Veterans Affairs service offices closed by Stephen Harper,” a promise Prime Minister Justin Trudeau reiterated during a campaign stop in Halifax in September.

But on Wednesday, new Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr wouldn’t say where or how many offices it would open.
When asked specifically if his department would commit to reopening the Sydney office, he said it would be “ludicrous” for his department to do that."

E.R. Campbell said:
Ooops, promise made and promise broken, already ....
One man's "break" is another man's "fine tuning"  ;D

As I've told others, things could look quite different once the Ministers are briefed, and the books are gone over.

whiskey601 said:
the Trudeau team is going to erase just about as much of the Harper legacy as they can before Parliament re-convenes,
Jed said:
But that would entail more wasteful paperwork and sign changing akin to all the rank insignia changes.  ;)
No more of this talk.  We wasted the money and effort making the change.  Let's not spend more reversing it.  "They" might be reading and getting ideas.

He made so many faux pas during the election, and they were overlooked and ignored.  So will this commentary on his first days in office and attendance at official functions:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207158412546345&set=gm.773170582828516&type=3

[Edited (added yellow highlighted words) to indicate what will soon be forgotten and overlooked; the comments of some who are still carrying on with the past Election's nasty attacks.]

The PM seems almost lost for words talking to the media tonight, it was quite unusual to see given his usual jovial demeanour in front of a camera... it seems the reality and weight of responsibility he bears as the Prime Minister might have just him for the first time...

ballz said:
The PM seems almost lost for words talking to the media tonight, it was quite unusual to see given his usual jovial demeanour in front of a camera... it seems the reality and weight of responsibility he bears as the Prime Minister might have just him for the first time...

Keep in mind also that we don't know everything he knows.  I would imagine that since Nov 4th, he has been informed of many possibilities that he was previously not aware.  Many of those possibilities are probably, far more real to him tonight.  We may see a different man on the security front going forward.

There is a horrible kind of irony with the attacks in Paris happening so soon after the Defense Minister's mandate letter was released. How quickly reality has risen up for comparison with the naive promises about the campaign in the Middle East or mass movement of refugees.

Of course, there is no way to know at this point if reality will trump virtue signalling, but if virtue signalling remains the order of the day, then the trouble spots Edward identified upthread will erupt far, far sooner than anyone in Ottawa would dare imagine.

George Wallace said:
He made so many faux pas during the election, and they were overlooked and ignored.  So will this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207158412546345&set=gm.773170582828516&type=3

I will call bullshit on this one.  At Remembrance Day, it is my wife I want at my side - for she is the thing that makes the sacrifice of others worthwhile.  Find some grace and poetry in you heart ferchrisakes.

So, at remembrance day I had my child holding my hand and my wife with me; it was the first time I could be with my daughter and speak to the importance of Remembrance Day...is that a faux pas?  ::)

Welcome to the reality of the social media age.  Bush, Obama, and Harper all took/take their knocks.  Now it is Trudeau's turn.

I hypothesize that if the institutional media could show some backbone and start eschewing cheap political hits, it might spill over into social media.  But the institutional media is composed of people, too.

George Wallace said:
As I said: it will be overlooked, ignored and forgotten.  Not news worthy.

Overlooked?  The fact that he is a human being, displays emotions, and has a family?  What exactly has he done wrong?

George Wallace said:
As I said: it will be overlooked, ignored and forgotten.  Not news worthy.

I'm no trudeau apologist,  but trying to make this an issue is truly stupid. There is, and will continue to be, very valid reasons to criticize the PM in a rational manner. This issue makes conservatives look petty bordering on ridiculous

Bird_Gunner45 said:
I'm no trudeau apologist,  but trying to make this an issue is truly stupid. There is, and will continue to be, very valid reasons to criticize the PM in a rational manner. This issue makes conservatives look petty bordering on ridiculous

It is a example of how petty politics can be, and FB posts, Twitter and the like, only present it more often and distribute it quicker than the MSM political satirists, commentators and cartoonists can.  It is not limited to "Conservatives" or by "Conservatives".  It can make a mockery of them all, as well as be an embarrassment to them all.

Those examples are often forgotten by the vast majority within a day or two.

George Wallace said:
It is a example of how petty politics can be, and FB posts, Twitter and the like, only present it more often and distribute it quicker than the MSM political satirists, commentators and cartoonists can.  It is not limited to "Conservatives" or by "Conservatives".  It can make a mockery of them all, as well as be an embarrassment to them all.

digging.gif

George Wallace said:

Examples of what, a guy who loves his wife? I'm sure there are pictures of Harper holding his wife.... and besides, if trudeau wants to express his sympathy for veterans in a different manner than harper than why is that such a big deal? Grow up

NO.  Nothing to do with Trudeau at all, but with the people making the comments.  An example how some are making issue of something, raising a commotion, that will soon be forgotten by everyone within a day or two.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/trudeau-plans-to-follow-through-with-plan-to-withdraw-warplanes-and-resettle-25000-syrian-refugees

MCG said:
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/trudeau-plans-to-follow-through-with-plan-to-withdraw-warplanes-and-resettle-25000-syrian-refugees

I suspect that the Liberal team is about to rediscover just how fickle Canadian public opinion can be ... withdrawing from combat and taking in 25,000 refugees were very popular notions last week. Welcome to next week ...

recceguy said:

Whaaa, is this from the directing staff list of super secret emoticons...  :Tin-Foil-Hat:  I feel so inadequate now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back