• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PMJT: The First 100 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
PuckChaser said:
Did you live through the 90s? Or the 70s? You'd distrust the Liberals too.

I certainly lived through the 90s.  I don't distrust the Liberals any more than the Conservatives.  They're all humans, after all.

PPCLI Guy said:
I will refrain from now on.

Won't miss the smug replies. At least Altair would form a counter argument, it was enjoyable debating him.

PPCLI Guy said:
Your profile says that you are 31.  I doubt that you were all that politically aware from the ages of 5-15 in the 90s, and you sure didn't live through the 70s.....

I lived in Alberta in the 1980s. The then Trudeau Liberals were an unmitigated disaster from an Albertan point of view. I watched the oil industry get crush; thousands lose jobs and houses- all for an ill conceived National Energy Policy.

You will, perhaps, forgive me if I view this lot with some degree of sceptiscm, for now, given the mewling I keep hearing about the evils of pipelines and the oil sands out of the East...

As did I, born and bred.  And why I'll never trust nor vote Liberal.

And the provincial mismanagement of Alberta by successive Conservative governments doesn't factor into your considerations?

dapaterson said:
And the provincial mismanagement of Alberta by successive Conservative governments doesn't factor into your considerations?
You flipped from the Feds to Provincial.

dapaterson said:

Says the man from Ontario.

Glass houses, brother.

As Jed said, don't mix apples and chainsaws.

SeaKingTacco said:
Says the man from Ontario.

Glass houses, brother.

As Jed said, don't mix apples and chainsaws.

No virtue in Ontario Liberals, and their close connections with the current Federal government fill me with no small amount of concern.  I'd never claim otherwise.

Also close links between the Federal and provincial Tories in Alberta - a gentleman by the name of Prentice, for example.

I'm arguing more for "None of the above".

I would argue that the links between the federal Conservatives and their Alberta counterparts were not as close as one might surmise. Based solely on Prentice's sudden demise.

Clark's greatest error had been to succumb to vainglorious and largely false impressions of her own magnificence, thus splitting the West so that now the Feds can divide and conquer that much easier.

I am sure that history shall remember her as a much diminished, Neo- Ozymandius. And, as a result, the 20 teens shall suck as far as the West is concerned.

dapaterson said:

Successive Alberta PC leaders after Ralph Klein may have run on the PC banner, but their policies were very Liberal or at least "Liberal-lite". The attitudes of the post Kelin PC leadership was also pretty arrogant and insular (although that certainly is not limited to any particular party), which did not help them in any way at all.

I suspect that the Wildrose Alliance will be looking pretty tempting to a lot of Albertans by the end of their little experiment with the NDP.

Since we've gone past 100 days as of 12 Feb 2016, locking this one and moved the newest stuff to the rough & tumble over at "Politics in 2016".

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back