• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Parachutist wings from cadets on my PRes or RegF uniform

• Thread starter silentseaforthsoldier
  • Start date
Well, i was running a good 10K before i left. Just dont overdo it to the point you get sick (like vomiting til ya get a nosebleed :D ). I would come back to do a few sets of chinups on the monkey bars at a park down the street - good alternative if you cant or dont want to set up a bar in your house. After coming home and stretching a bit, i would do some pushups, then head out for a fast walk with a ruck on. I just threw one of those "just add water" cement mix packs into it, something like 65 Lbs, methinks. Just dont worry so much about it; youll have time to improve on it while in Connaught, bud.

Run like ****. If you can run 10k non-stop, at a reasonably quick pace, you‘ll be fine. If you wan‘t to push yourself, the front pack runs at a decent cross-country race pace for just over an hour on the average afternoon run (when you stop to do pughups, stay out of the ditch as best you can...a bunch of us got nailed with poison ivy).
Morning runs are shorter, but way faster (we‘re talking 3/4 sprint).

Pay attention to detail, It will save you many pushups (not that they are a bad thing) and pissed off instructors (that=5th point in combat boots).

If you can do bare minimum, you‘ll have a hard time(be able to at least pass the old test).

you can do all the running and push-ups you want, if your head isn‘t together toast, it‘s not what you can do! it‘s what you can take! I was 17 when I did my course and had 45 yr old men beside me cryin there eyes out like lttle girl, push until it hurts, then keep goin til your body shakes and goes numb, then your half way there!

Um. No. If youve any idea of how to train physically, youll know that pushing yourself to the point of sickness is not the way to train properly. As for the 40-yr old men, i believe theyve earned the right and respect to NOT be compared to little girls, as im sure that I, without my meeting them, have MUCH more respect for them than for someone who would make such a ridiculous comment.

It‘s guys like you that got the airborne regiment disbanded! gimme a break! this don‘t push yourself to hard garbage! is a joke, its frame of mind, "MATTER OVER MIND, CUZ THE MIND DON‘T MATTER" your right if all you aspire to be is the type of cadet they produce today, and even some of the soldiers they produce today as well, yes I‘ll agree, the course I did, easily 5 times harder! the last course taught by the RCAR, that course is one fraction of what it means to be a paratrooper! are you gona slow down when bullets are flyin! when your buddy‘s shot up and your draggin him and your kit to a RV, NO, why train other wise, and DON‘T give me this "but we‘re only cadets crap" it‘s a REG FORCE course and the standards are higher for cadets, for a reason!
"It‘s not how good you are, It‘s how good you can be!" ANYONE FEEL FREE TO REPLY GOOD OR BAD! lets hope things haven‘t changed for the wuss! I mean worse!

Hmmmm where to begin..where to begin one this one?

:rolleyes: Here we go!

Disappointed 9411...You are spouting an awful lot of slogans like a bad movie such as:

"push until it hurts, then keep goin til your body shakes and goes numb, then your half way there!"

" MATTER OVER MIND, CUZ THE MIND DON‘T MATTER"

"are you gona slow down when bullets are flyin!"

Are you for real? So you were on a jump course ran by guys from the RCAR right?

The standard was higher for cadets than for the Reg force students?

Here some news for you monkey........
The Canadian Airborne Regiment NEVER had the honour of having "Royal" grace their title by her majesty(not that they weren‘t deserving after their actions in WW2).

The standards are LOWERED for cadets( I know an instructor, and he‘s EX CAR)

And the whole"It‘s guys like you that got the airborne regiment disbanded!" :rolleyes:

If you worked alongside the fine troopers from the Canadian Airborne Regiment...you would at least put it down properly, as I have.

You are a poser...a wannabe...a never be. :mad:

Get lost kid...we know exactly WHAT you are....

Did you really think you‘d get away with this here?

YOU ARE DISMISSED! :evil:

Regards

Interesting! well first of all, the standard for regs in 94 was the typ. 1mile, 33p, 7c, 40,. . .
the cadet standard was 4mile. . . . and they graduated with 20 less than us and there course was only 3 weeks and they got PAID, fail or pass, you belong exactly where you sit! on an APC, go for a RUN!!!

OUR MILITARY IS RUN BY GOLFERS AND NOT SOLDIERS!

its a shame

You are spouting off incoherent babble the likes of which I‘ve never heard.

Perhapse you "reached" on your"jump" course.

Don‘t forget kid...the standard is the MINIMUM standard.

Go away poser...just go away

Regards

I know now, your still bitter after 15 years of service and probably some cadet time and still dont have your wings LEG!, anyway I‘ll leave it alone, I totally support any and all canadian soldiers! it‘s just to bad that our government has no clue how to run a military let alone a country, best of luck as the civilian clamp tightens!

You can‘t really call anyone a LEG if you aren‘t part of a Jump Company or were part of the actual CAR.

I agree, but someone who‘s been in doesn‘t have to say a word

Guys, this idiot is ruining a perfectly good topic.

He‘s a troll, plain and simple.

I‘ve yet to see a Para Coy in the Cadet Corps.

Next thing we‘ll here is Disappointed9411 say he was on a cadet Leopard drivers course. :rolleyes:

Gents...he‘s a troll...ignore him/her

Regards

not what I ment, but to please my fellow poster I will subside, and post like everyone else, train for para just a little more than what is needed, don‘t strain yourself, head to the MIR if u feel any discomfort, heaven forbid reach behind and expand your limit, what ever happened to gung-ho!
all the best

You could always join the Canadian Hairsporran Regiment. Our motto is, "I JUMP OUT OF BED!"

9411, they are teenagers, not soilders.

Get over yourself.

-R.

Thank you Caz. At least I‘m not alone here on this point.

Regards

gents, thank you much for the support. I didnt reply sooner due to my lack of caring for useless drivel, as well as sleep. But mostly sleep. So 9411, Guys like me are responsible for the disbandment, eh? I was 8-9 years old when that happened. Guys like me wouldve been, too. You sound like a cheap impersonation of a virgin Gunnery Sgt Hartman. Get a girl. Do us and yourself a favor, bless your face with the hot kiss of molten lead. Now, before you do, tell me why exactly you chose to refer to those men who defend your right to say this nonsense as "little girls." Then leave.

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaa :D

Good to see Jr Zipperheads have a sense of humour!

Regards

Back