• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hummer h3

D

Diemaco

Hi, has anyone kept up to date with the development of the new Hummer h3T? I think this scaled down version breaks the essence of the original two models that retain the nature of the original Humvee. Is it now just another SUV made for ordinary people?

Don‘t you think its design breaks the tradition of its robust face? I‘ve seen prototypes of the h3 and they look ... in one word, common.

I won‘t buy one. If I was going to buy a Hummer, I would but the standard one, that looks like the military model. And even then, it would be a waste of money for how I would use it. There really just a fashion statment anyways... saying look how much money I have to burn by driving a monster truck. But hey it‘s good GM, they must make a killing on this truck.

Is it just me, or does the new Hummer look like a Tonka truck? Does anyone know how much of the military requirements are still built into the H2 and H3, or if its pretty much just the styling thats been retained and placed on a standard GM undercarriage?

It‘s built for people that have more money than brains. How often would someone need a veh with offroad cap such as these? I laugh at these yo yos in their SUVs sitting in traffic during my daily commute to work. The high ground clearance and high centre of gravity not mention poor fuel economy must come in handy navigating the parking lot at Cosco. I was really upset when Volswagon callled their SUV, Toureg. I think VOLKSPANZERWAGON rolls off the tongue better." Comes in three colours, EASTERN FRONT ,WESTERN FRONT , and AFRIKA CORPS. The Erwin Rommel edition mit goggles!!Put a ramp on the back for loading the socccer team. Oh the fun they could of had! Germans, no sense of humour. ;)

That vehicle is uglier than all heck.... seriously, if you have that much loose change clanging in your pocket either a) give some to me b) give some to charity or c) buy something that is actually very good to look at, good on fuel, and made superbly well..... for example a nice porcshe or ferrari or jag or .... the list goes on...

Is the H1 model the same as the humvee with reduced armour?

I miss my old toyota pickup...those things will ****ed near climb trees...

As far as I know the Hummer H3T is still pretty much concept, at least not in production yet. I don't think I've found any info since I first saw the pictures and info from the 2003 auto show where it was first marketed. Try going to gmcanada.com, gm.com or Hummer.com and send them a question they might be able to add information like if they think it will go in production, if so dates etc.

the H3 looks like a Jeep truck from the 80's

(for those that didn't know, GM is paying Daimler Benz royalties for using they're grille design)

the H1 and Civvy version are on the same platform. during the produstion process they are the same vehicle. at one point they break in 2 lines and one gets all sorts of civvy goodies.

the H2 is just a name on a square SUV (IMO). the H2 has no military capabilities.

The H3, like the H2, does not have the offroad capabilities required for a military application.   If the CF wanted a vehicle of the H3s type, they may as well save themselves thousands of dollars on each vehicle and buy Nissan Xterras or Jeeps.   If I were in charge of the purchases made by the military I would not buy the H3 simply because of it's looks.

Sorry if this post really did not contribute much, this is my first post on this forum, and I am trying to get into the swing things around here.

H3 has been out for months, I see them all over Ottawa.  Just a Colorado, but really expensive

The H3 itself has been out for a while, but the pickup version, the H3T, is still being refined I do believe.

I have to agree, the civi Hummers are nothing more than a status symbol. 

I live in a town of less than 20,000 people and there are 20 Hummers registered here.  :eek:

From what I knw of the funding the CF gets (dont know that much) I dont think we would want to buy a lot of Hummers of any kind because of the fuel economy.  If they have any that is.
Our G-Wagens, Chevs, and Iltis' all have better fuel economy that any hummer (i think, depends on the type of G-Wagen). ;D

Just my two cents, its not worth too much.

I read somewhere that the US is developing a new generation of GP (jeep) running around vehicle that has 4 wheels, an engine and goes! when you consider that the Supply tech will use the Hummer to go get a box of paperclips (or a signature).... it's pretty pathetic.

Was with some americans on some FTX some years ago and, even with all the Iltis' dings and bings, they thought it was the greatest thing to run around in...

For all of you who say Canada has no hummers I found this one in CFB. Suffield.http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Vehicles/Canadian/hummer.jpg

JTF2, as far as I am aware uses the HMMVW. But then again, special forces always gets whatever equipment they need, so who knows what else they have.

my72jeep said:
For all of you who say Canada has no hummers I found this one in CFB. Suffield.http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Vehicles/Canadian/hummer.jpg

Ah!  The Base Commander's Limo.

Armymatters

JTF has had HumVees for several years now.  Plus trailers. 

Hummer H3, as far as I know is only a Civie vehicle.  No comparison to the Original, except in looks.  I've seen photos of Civilian Pattern Hummers in accidents, and one might as well have been driving a pop can, the way that they were mangled.

my72jeep said:

You can see he's worried about camouflage ;D

Back