• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hate America, Regardless...

a_majoor said:
Apparently, Al Jezzera is blaming the United States for causing the Tsunami. Wonder why that took so long to figure out..... ;)

What next eh! What about all those 'oil rich middle east states' and their dotantions for disaster releif??? I understand that Saudi Arabia has given some, but its so low key. Where all all the muslim countries? I guess The Great Satan and the west will again be expected to pay the tab on this one too.

Meanwhile here in Australia, Sydney's muslim community is raising money for Aceh only, so it looks like they only want their money going to their own kind, not the disaster in whole.

Here we are going forward with $1 billion AUD   (about 750 million USD) from a country with 19 million (9 million working), plus over $100 million AUD raised in private donations (and growning).

It is also reported that Wahibi extremists are flooding into Aceh to try to gain some kind of a foothold with all the termoil. Meanwhile rebel forces attacked Indonesian troops near a hospital in a 10 minute firefight last night, only a short distance from unarmed Australian troops.

Again right here in Sydney a muslim cleric has said the tsunami is allah punishing the west in Thailand for their lifestyle of whisky, prostitution, dress and music   ::)

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley H. Allen said:
What next eh! What about all those 'oil rich middle east states' and their dotantions for disaster releif??? I understand that Saudi Arabia has given some, but its so low key. Where all all the muslim countries? I guess The Great Satan and the west will again be expected to pay the tab on this one too.

Meanwhile here in Australia, ther muslim community is raising money for Aceh only, so it looks like they only want their money going to their own kind, not the disaster in whole.

Here we are going forward with $1 billion AUD   (about 750 million USD) from a country with 19 million (9 million working), plus over $100 million AUD raised in private donations (and growning).

It is also reported that Wahibi extremists are flooding into Aceh to try to gain some kind of a foothold with all the termoil. Meanwhile rebel forces attacked Indonesian troops near a hospital in a 10 minute firefight last night, only a short distance from unarmed Australian troops.

Glad to see that there are still peole around who will take advantage of human suffering !  :threat:

I think that people had better wake up to the fact that the HARDLINE muslin countries do not live by the "live and let live" motto. And are willing to do "whatever it takes" to get whatever it is that their after!

I find this rather alarming and, even more so, is that the western countries seemingly want to help them do it!

Scary times ahead! :cdn:

Slim

IMHO, in the not so long-term......we better get ready for war

Thast just my $0.02

Linked from Insatpundit, well worth reading.

http://varifrank.com/archives/2005/01/today_i_was_unp_1.php

Today, I was "Unprofessional"...

Over the past 6 weeks, I've been deeply enmeshed in one of those "go live at the end of the year" projects that we in the IT industry have learned to love. The kind where managers assume that since no one is working, why that would be the perfect time to go live!

Of course, it means that your doing complex work at the point of maximum distraction with many many holidays and no staff.

This year we had a major distraction, and I'm bothered that I described it that way.

On Christmas Day, a disaster visited the human race. Hundreds of thousands of people, quietly living their lives on the edge of the sea were killed. They were killed, not by suicide bombers or suitcase nukes or crazed men hijacking planes into buildings. They were killed with simple seawater. Those that were killed werent just simple minded fools who wandered lemming like out into the unusually low tide, only to be mowed down by the sudden flood. They were people enjoying the sights from the second story of a hotel when the ocean rose up to engulf them. The horror of it all hasnt even begun to sink in to most of us.

There is a tendancy in the western world to overlook the disasters of the third world. Unless it involves us "white folks", the press of the western world does not seem to care or think that we do. In this disaster, one example of disgusting western depravity could be found in the many press outlets that made big news out of a "supermodel" who was (gasp!!!) harmed in the disaster. Imagine if someone on September 12th had published a report that Zsa Zsa gabor and her poodle were put out by the lack of cabs in Manhattan. It made me sick to my stomach to see this item on the news.

Today, The Secretary of State Colin Powell announced that 5,000 Americans could not be accounted for, Sweden also announced roughly the same figure for their citizens.

Now we care. And shame on us all.

Today, during an afternoon conference that wrapped up my project of the last 18 months, one of my Euro collegues tossed this little turd out to no one in particular:

" See, this is why George Bush is so dumb, theres a disaster in the world and he sends an Aircraft Carrier..."

After which he and many of my Euro collegues laughed out loud.

and then they looked at me. I wasn't laughing, and neither was my Hindi friend sitting next to me, who has lost family in the disaster.

I'm afraid I was "unprofessional", I let it loose -

"Hmmm, let's see, what would be the ideal ship to send to a disaster, now what kind of ship would we want?

Something with its own inexhuastible power supply?

Something that can produce 900,000 gallons of fresh water a day from sea water?

Something with its own airfield? So that after producing the fresh water, it could help distribute it?

Something with 4 hospitals and lots of open space for emergency supplies?

Something with a global communications facility to make the coordination of disaster relief in the region easier?

Well "Franz", us peasants in America call that kind of ship an "Aircraft Carrier". We have 12 of them. How many do you have? Oh that's right, NONE. Lucky for you and the rest of the world, we are the kind of people who share. Even with people we dont like. In fact, if memory serves,once upon a time we peasants spent a ton of money and lives rescuing people who we had once tried to kill and who tried to kill us.

Do you know who those people were? that's right Franz, Europeans.

Theres is a French Aircraft carrier? where is it? Right where it belongs! In France of course! Oh why should the French Navy dirty their uniforms helping people on the other side of the globe. How Simplesse...

The day an American has to move a European out of the way to help in some part of the world it will be a great day in the world, you sniggering little fucknob..."

The room fell silent. My hindi friend then said quietly to the Euros:

"Can you let your hatred of George Bush end for just one minute? There are people dying! And what are your countries doing? Amazon.com has helped more than France has. You all have a role to play in the world, why can't you see that? Thank God for the US Navy, they dont have to come and help, but they are. They helped you once and you should all thank God they did. They didnt have to, and no one but them would have done so. I'm ashamed of you all..."

He left the room, shaking and in tears. The frustration of being on the other side of the globe, unable to do anything to assist and faced with people who could not set aside their asininity long enough to reach out and help was too much for him to bear. I just shook my head and left. The Euros stood speechless.

Later in the breakroom, one of the laughing Euros caught me and extended his hand in an apology. I asked him where he was from, he said "a town outside of Berlin". He is a young man, in his early 20's.

I asked him if he knew of a man named Gail Halvorsen.

He said no.

I said "that's a shame" and walked away to find my Hindi friend.

That was a brave thing to do.

Good for you and your friend having the courage to do it!

Slim

Very well done Art. I hope your friend eventually finds comfort.

My deepest appologies to all; the post was from another blog website and I inadvertently did not include the "posted by" tag on the end when I copied it over. Follow the link to find the origional source.

I only wish that I would have the wit and grace that this person showed in the same situation, rather than my normal inclination to leap over the table and throttle the offender.

Oops error.

Consider yourself uncongratulated Art.  Still it is a good piece. 

Have to admit I was getting a bit confused about you claiming American bona fides.

Cheers.

Seen and understood...I went looking at your stuff, trying to figure out how it made sense?!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Still a good piece though!

Slim

I received this via e-mail, so the source is questionable...

Here is some Food For Thought !

This sort of puts a totally different slant on the victims of the recent
tsunami.   You will understand why the letters, "U.N.," could be redefined as
"Useless Numbskulls." Read all the way through to see.

The Omega Letter Intelligence Digest Vol: 7 Issue: 4 - Tuesday, January 04,
2005 - Plain Text "Natural Disasters?   Blame America!"

There are over six billion people living on our planet.   Of that six
billion, almost two billion are Muslims.   That's roughly a third of the
total population of the earth.

The earthquake that triggered the killer tsunami was centered just off the
coast of the Indonesian island of Sumatra.   Indonesia is the world's most
populous Muslim country.   It was also the most severely devastated by the
wave.   Nearly 100,000 of the victims of the December 26 catastrophe were
Indonesian Muslims.   The vast majority of the victims were either Muslims,
Buddhists or Hindu.   Got all that?   Good.

Now, to the United Nations.   The United Nations consists of 186 countries.
The most powerful voting bloc is the fifty-seven Islamic countries that
generally vote with one voice, especially when the United States or Israel
are voting the other way.

The United Nations' head of humanitarian relief, Jan Egeland, criticized the
West for being stingy.   He didn't specifically mention America, but he cited
the exact percentage of the U.S. GDP that is budgeted for foreign aid, so
there is little doubt of who the 'stingy West' was, at least in Egeland's
mind.   Egeland slammed the United States for not raising taxes so that
America could give a greater percentage of its GDP to the UN to distribute
as part of the UN's foreign aid package.

Editorials in the Washington Post, the New York Times and other liberal
newspapers echoed Egeland's charge, with the New York Times calling
America's $350 million in direct government aid 'miserly'.

The United States makes up some six percent of the world's total population,
but we pay a quarter of the United Nation's total budget.   The United States
pays forty percent of the world's total disaster relief aid, and sixty
percent of the world's total food donations.

The $2.4 billion (that's BILLION) dollars Washington spent in emergency aid
in 2003 represented 40 percent of the total amount of emergency assistance
from all bilateral donors provided that year.   Evidently, that isn't enough.
It didn't take long for these same liberal elitists to turn Mother Nature
into an American right-wing hater of Islam.   Not only had America's
imperialistic self-enrichment policies created the natural disaster, but
also cold-hearted Muslim-hating President Bush wouldn't leave his ranch in
Texas...which by the way, is his home--not a vacation destination--and only
offered a 'stingy' initial monetary donation.

While these elitist journalist were assailing President Bush and expounding
the mantra that America should be giving more money to the devastated region
in a token gesture that would 'show Islam that America didn't hate Muslims',
UN Secretary General Kofi Annan was still on his vacation skiing in Jackson
Hole, Wyoming.   He returned to New York four days later.

The wave struck on Sunday, and it took only until Monday before the U.S.
announced its $350 million in initial aid, sent the USS Abraham Lincoln into
the region, including helicopters, and C-130 transport planes, sent hundreds
of tons of pre-packaged emergency aid supplies, and deployed some 14,000
American troops to help with the recovery and cleanup.   In Indonesia, U.S.
helicopters flew at least 30 sorties, delivering 60,000 pounds of water and
supplies, from the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln along a 120-mile stretch of Sumatra island's ravaged
coastline.

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, the richest nations in the Islamic world, donated a
paltry $10 million each.   The United Arab Emirates donated some $20 million
to relieve the suffering of their Islamic 'brothers'.   Egypt's contribution
so far is $104,000.00.   (Egypt gets $2 BILLION in U.S. foreign aid annually).

Assessment:   Did anybody notice that the majority of the private donations
came from those evil corporate types the left so loves to loathe?   Pfizer
donated $10 million in cash and $25 million in drugs.   (That is more than
oil-rich Saudi Arabia and Kuwait combined).   General Motors pledged $2
million in cash, agreed to match employee donations dollar for dollar, and
is sending vehicles to transport food and medical supplies to the region.
Other corporate donors include Nike Inc., American Express, General
Electric, First Data Corp., Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Exxon-Mobil, Citigroup,
Marriott International and the Bill and Melinda Gates   Foundation.

On the other hand, where are all the Hollywood liberals?   Activist actors
such as Ben Affleck, Susan Sarandon, Al Franken, P. Diddy, and Barbra
Streisand have not been heard from.   Where is George Soros, the world's
richest left wing liberal?   Actress Sandra Bullock donated one million
dollars, but Bullock is neither an activist nor a liberal.   (She also
donated one million following September 11).     Super-rich liberals like Bono
and Bruce Springsteen are promising to hold another 'aid concert' to collect
money (not theirs) for the victims.

America, as noted at the outset, represents six percent of the global
population.   But in any catastrophe, it gets one hundred percent of the
blame.   The UN's nose is out of joint because the Bush administration
refuses to funnel its aid through the UN's various aid agencies.   Kofi Annan
wants to use the catastrophe to shore up the UN's sagging image in the wake
of the Oil-For-Food thefts from Iraq.

The United States wants to ensure the aid doesn't end up lining the pockets
of UN officials.   So the U.S. is 'too stingy' and gets another black eye.
Where is the rest of the Islamic world?   There are fifty-seven Islamic
nations, and the world's biggest Islamic nation is the one that took the
hardest hit.   But it is the United States--the world's largest donor
nation--that is grabbing all the headlines for being 'stingy'.

To put things in perspective, I saw a news photo yesterday of one of the
Indonesian victims.   He was wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the face of
Osama bin   Laden.

ok well the link doesnt work anymore but I have the pic , i just dont know how to post it, so if you want it then pm me or tell me how to post it.

The other thing the article failed to mention is that America, Australia and the other nations cared enough to send their very best: their people to actually do the work of assisting the victims of the disaster. So far, I have seen little on the ground presence by these supposedly less "stingy" nations or the UN.

camochick said:
ok well the link doesnt work anymore but I have the pic , i just dont know how to post it, so if you want it then pm me or tell me how to post it.

The link works, but there was a typo in your posting of it, there was a space in there, that shouldn't have been.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/sandman101/ourenemy.jpg

Back