• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

How many of those firearms were secured properly and just seized to make a bigger show? If they're non-restricted and stored properly, why are they being seized? Clearly there was no intent to use them, both Windsor and Coutts were cleared with minimal arrests compared to the protest size and no violence. It's also Alberta, I'd be surprised if your standard freedom protest supporter person DIDNT have a properly locked firearm in their vehicles.

How many of those firearms were secured properly and just seized to make a bigger show? If they're non-restricted and stored properly, why are they being seized? Clearly there was no intent to use them, both Windsor and Coutts were cleared with minimal arrests compared to the protest size and no violence. It's also Alberta, I'd be surprised if your standard freedom protest supporter person DIDNT have a properly locked firearm in their vehicles.
Yes, and like many firearms owners in Alberta, they have modified mags to once again accept 30 rds, if you think someone who ignores one firearms regulation isn't going to ignore others, I have real-estate in Florida to sell you.

Let's declare EM act.....oh look we found guns.

Just wait Freeland was pretty happy about getting into the country's financial system with no oversight.

Trudeau doesn't need the Act to do anything to with the protestors. So why is he doing it?

there’s a more fundamental problem with the Emergencies Act, arising from another definition. The Act isn’t about taking over provincial and municipal responsibilities for public order. It’s far broader than that: section 16 defines a Public Order Emergency as arising “from threats to the security of Canada” defined in the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act (CSIS Act). Those definitions include “espionage or sabotage,” “foreign influenced activities,” (foreign donors unlikely to meet the definition) “serious violence against persons or property for the purpose of achieving a political, religious or ideological objective,” and the “overthrow by violence of the constitutionally established system of government in Canada.”

If that’s what we think is really happening in Ottawa, in Coutts, and elsewhere, then the prime minister might declare a national emergency, but thus far a compelling case that these protests are “threats to the security of Canada” as defined in the CSIS Act hasn’t been made by him or anyone else in a position of authority.

Greg Taylor served in the Canadian Army for 25 years. Following his military service, he worked as a provincial emergency manager and a consultant. He has significant experience planning for, and dealing with, public welfare and public order emergencies.

Well we can be pretty certain it won’t be to impose on the Chinese Communist Party friends of the back room Liberal-friendly powerful corporation(s) in Canada…Dick Fadden and other like-minded security hawks in Canada mis-experienced the benevolence of those whom Justine Trudeau ‘admires’ (wished to emulate?).

Yes, and like many firearms owners in Alberta, they have modified mags to once again accept 30 rds, if you think someone who ignores one firearms regulation isn't going to ignore others, I have real-estate in Florida to sell you.
If someone is willing to drive over the speed limit in their car they're going to ignore other driving rules?

Can't find the article now but one that I read this morning proposed the real problem with the Ottawa protest was that the only people it annoyed were the bureaucrats of Ottawa. It had no effect on the Canadian economy. Nobody cared.

The problem only became a problem when the Ambassador Bridge was blockaded.

And Coutts, well, nobody is going to reasonably claim that closing one prairie crossing is going to slow North American trade.

There is legislation about protesting while having guns and they would likely be considered in "Transport" mode. Utterly dumb to have a firearm anywhere near a protest, even if locked away and never touched or even mentioned.

Just wait Freeland was pretty happy about getting into the country's financial system with no oversight.

Trudeau doesn't need the Act to do anything to with the protestors. So why is he doing it?
Because he’s been surrounded by staff and bureaucrats with a ‘yes man’ mentality that he genuinely didn’t realize how much the entire country actually hates him until just now?

And now he is panicking as he realizes the polls are wrong, his trusted advisors were idiots, and even loyal Liberal supporters would like to see him replaced?

Or it is all just theatre, which will last a few weeks. However it will create a precedent that will substantially lower the bar for this to be enacted in the future?

One orchestrated step towards ‘The Great Reset’?

(#theboilingfrog indeed…)

Honestly Spencer100, it’s a good question…

Yes. The ramming of the police, and the intercepted chatter that lead them to the house where they seized all that had a line in the briefing that said “remember to grab the .22’s so it looks bigger”

It was cleared without violence because audacity and quick action rolled an armoured vehicle to the doorway.

You have literally zero information and we’re able to come up with such a rich narrative about safely stored guns and owners being abused for points

The protestors at the blockade who notified people about this small segment- who also describe these people as dangerous.

They are on who’s side?

Ignoring the fact that it all took place before the announcement and discussion today.

It’s your position that the tiny district crime reduction team was acting on orders from the government? Were the suspects too?

It needs no expert analysis. All that matters is how does it look? And it looks bad.

If there's one event which will make the current government's case on their small arms policy, this is it.

😟

This exactly... And why I have always said our worst enemy as firearms owners are in our own ranks.

You’re proposing that those pistols aren’t restricted? I don’t think that’s possible. And that the law abiding owners received an ATT to transport their pistol down to the ole protest so they could keep it locked in a box?

I’ll let some of the real experts here analyze this.
1x AR-15 Restricted Rifle.
2x Lever Action Rifles (Non Restricted)
3x Bolt Action Rifles (Non Restricted)
4x BRN-180 semi auto rifles (used to be NR - not sure now)
1x Type 97 Chinese Bullpup rifle ( I don't know the status of that now)
1 x Criss .45ACP 'rifle' (restricted IIRC)
1 x 12ga Semi-Atuo Shotgun (Non Restricted)
1 x 1911 style .45ACP handgun w/ 2 magazines 7-8 rds - restricted
1 x Sig P226R type (might be Chinese clone) 9mm handgun with 10rd mag by it and 2 more on a belt - restricted
3 sets of Body Armor
Magazines and Ammunition - several of the AR magazines appear to be full 30 rd capacity (thus prohibited devices)

SO less than I have in my SUV on a daily basis ;)

You can still get a Norinco Type 97 at Cabela’s, so I think they’re still unrestricted…you know, made by the country whose dictatorial leader is admired by Fils Trudeau…

From today.
85314BF2-0272-41E2-BCCB-9D7059FCC0CE.jpeg

You’re proposing that those pistols aren’t restricted? I don’t think that’s possible. And that the law abiding owners received an ATT to transport their pistol down to the ole protest so they could keep it locked in a box?
Welcome to Canada, where you still have to prove someone guilty not force them to prove innocence. You'll also note I mentioned only the non-restricted firearms because if they're not in the "bust", that picture looks a lot weaker.

As I mentioned before the Raid press release mentioned trailers, was that meaning a Mobile home type trailer - or a Tractor-Trailer
I've crossed at Coutts before - Mobile homes are fairly prevalent - and IF it was in a residence - all those firearms may be legal to be possessed there.

Back