• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favorite Posting in Canada

If you could choose any posting in canada (out of the wings) what would it be?

• Total voters
Dolphin_Hunter said:
Wow did that get off the rails quickly, I had no idea I was in the "Favorite Posting in Canada" thread

"Milnet.ca is my favorite 'post-ing place' in Canada"

Does that count?

Sure we can add Valcartier into the mix, there is plenty of slamming to go around, Greenwood doesn't deserve all the attention.  >:D

This looks like its going to expand to include every remote touchdown runway and FOB as well...

Comox, Trenton, Halifax......... sounds good to me.

How about Summerside three years, Bagotville five years, Chatham four years and Baden, yes I loved Baden, four years.
Then a last career posting to Kingston. First opportunity for my family to take advantage of the educational opportunities of a major Candian community.
Yes I loved my trade, AVS, but new recruits should make note of the postings that come with certain trades.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has spent some time in Ottawa, specifically at NDHQ.

CSA 105 said:
But I thought that this thread was for favourite postings?

LOL. Ottawa would seem like a desirable posting to me...seems that I'm alone on this one eh. :cdn:

zorro said:
LOL. Ottawa would seem like a desirable posting to me...seems that I'm alone on this one eh. :cdn:

While Ottawa itself might be a desireable posting location, NDHQ specificaly might not. There are more to the CF in the Ottawa area than just NDHQ.

I went to Gagetown for courses and exercises, Valcartier for 10 years (Army), Comox 5 months for English course during the summer and now I've been in Trenton since April 06. All the places are awesome except Gagetown!

we would like the real maritimes ''Greenwood or Halifax'' but for myself I would like Comox!

Stef Atc

Greenwood shouldn't even be an option in the poll, unless there is a device rigged to a hammer so that when you select it you get a swift pounding on the skull.

It seems every where I go on this base to get anything done I am greeted with these statements

"Can you come back tomorrow?"
"I am sorry we are at minimum manning, can you come back in a few days?"

Which I do, only to find myself being told the same thing.

Does anyone work here?   I am starting to think the CP-140's sitting around are cardboard cutouts, I have not seen one move in two weeks! 

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Greenwood shouldn't even be an option in the poll, unless there is a device rigged to a hammer so that when you select it you get a swift pounding on the skull.

It seems every where I go on this base to get anything done I am greeted with these statements

"Can you come back tomorrow?"
"I am sorry we are at minimum manning, can you come back in a few days?"

Which I do, only to find myself being told the same thing.

Does anyone work here?   I am starting to think the CP-140's sitting around are cardboard cutouts, I have not seen one move in two weeks! 

LMFAO........the ditch never changes

Wheres Pat bay out of Sydney by the sea ... just a hop skip and jump from Victoria .  I dont need a snow shovel as you dont shovel rain ...

axeman said:
Wheres Pat bay out of Sydney by the sea ... just a hop skip and jump from Victoria .  I dont need a snow shovel as you dont shovel rain ...

It's a combined line with Esquimalt......

From a location stand point it's Comox without question, I always volunteer to go there whenever the bugs are doing QRA ops. The nice weather, great scenery and fantastic twisty BC roads makes you wish you never had to leave (even more-so since I'm a BC native). However, from a working position I think that a Fighter base has a higher local tempo, which is nice when you are still young. After speaking to a few buddies out in other Wings (Comox, Greenwood, Trenton, Winnipeg) it was evident that they aren't exactly stressed from a MX position. I guess it depends on what your view is on "Favorite Posting". Do you want to be worked to the ground or have a nice after-hours lifestyle.

Chilliwack by far.  Any posting where you can golf in the morning, ski in the afternoon, and go fishing in the evening is okay with me.  Plus, the grounds were immaculate, and the scenery awesome.  The Jolly Miller Pub (before it was turned into a McPub in the 90s) was the icing on a very sweet cake.  It was a black day when they moved the regiment from there.

Comox for me too. 

I just did a decade month in Greenwood. I thought I was in the Village of the Damned.  Sorry, but even though I love small places, Greenwood seemed so far out of touch with the modern world?, reality?, something was just not right.  Trenton, great walleye fishing.  Cold Lake, good walleye fishing and lots of outdoor activities.  Petawawa, horrid posting for personal reasons, high points Algonquin Park, good fishing and 427 Sqn personnel were great.  Snowblowing driveway 3 or 4 times a day was not my idea of fun.

Comox, good fishing except NO walleye.  Ski, bike, golf or fish all in the same winter day.  SNOW is rare and melts right away!!!!  Unless I chose to drive up Mt Washington I get to ignore it.  I can sit on my deck with my coffee and watch the cruise ships sail past on their way to Alaska and back.  Campbell River is horrid, nobody should ever go there.. never!  >:D Stay away. (Unless I invite you to the house  ;D)

Winnipeg  hahahahahaha, not a chance in hell.  Turned down a promotion and released rather than go there.

Back