• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favorite Posting in Canada

If you could choose any posting in canada (out of the wings) what would it be?

• Total voters

josealbondo

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Pick the best place to live and work, not the closes to your family and friends!

Comox is the best... Love Mt Washington. Whistler weekend trip distance away can't get better.

Yellowknife was the best 3 years of my life, current posting in Calgary is pretty good as well.

WrenchBender

Currently posted to Shearwater, love the Halifax area for a posting.  Lots to see and do in Halifax, plus lots of places to see.  Keji, Cape Chignecto, tons of day trips, hiking places, festivals, Tall Ships, Concerts on the hill, QMJHL hockey, and the list goes on.

However, I voted Comox because thats where I am hoping my next CM posts me  ;D

Wow, our posting locations are getting less and less...... ::)

I think you forgot a few locations.  ;)

I've been from sea to sea to sea and Comox is the best so far.

You guys should stop telling people.. otherwise competition for Comox is going to get tougher.

Tell people you really enjoyed ColdLake, or Winnipeg.

inferno said:
You guys should stop telling people.. otherwise competition for Comox is going to get tougher.

Tell people you really enjoyed ColdLake, or Winnipeg.

brrrr!

Cool Pool and Winterpeg
Eye In The Sky said:
Both are glorious, southern, sunny locales.

Besides Victoria has way more going for it than Comox does and a lot less rain too.

WrenchBender

Cold Lake really isn't bad if you have a family and love the outdoors.  Winnipeg on the other hand  ;)

Comox is a nice spot.... but one year there was enough for me.  

Spent some time skiing, spent some time on the Strait in the zodiac doing some diving..... but I didn't enjoy working at 407.

Michael O`Leary said:
Try it now, choose the obvious option.

Thank you!

Eye In The Sky said:

Don't you be laughin' at me...that option wasn't there before!  ;D

Hmmm...no votes for Greenwood yet. Interesting!

What about the OFF Wing postings,
Yellowknife (440 Sqn) part of 17 Wing
Esquimalt (443 Sqn) part of 12 Wing
Edmonton (408 Sqn) 1 Wing unit
Petawawa (427 Sqn) "    "    "
St Hubert (438 Sqn)  "  "    "
1 Wing Kingston has no aircraft
22 Wing North Bay has no aircraft

WrenchBender

IMO, it's Trenton.

1) cheap real estate. Cheaper than Petawawa or Borden, WAY cheaper than Edmonton.
2) location. Highway 401- 1 hr to Kingston, 2 hrs to Toronto, 2.5 to Ottawa & about 3.5 to Montreal.
3) weather. The mildest winters you'll find East of the Rockies.

Of course, it all depends on where you work- a bad unit can make the best base suck!

Back