• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favorite Military Film

Gump (narrating):
I got to see a lot of the countryside. We would take these real long walks.
 And we were always lookin' for this guy named Charlie.

Gump (narrating):
So we did. Now I don't know much about anything, But I think some of America's best young men served in this war. There was Dallas from Phoenix...Cleveland--he was from Detroit.

Cleveland:
Hey, Tex. Hey, Tex. What the hell's going on?

Gump (narrating):
And Tex was...well, I don't remember where Tex come from...

HAHAHA

some man-"wow you just stepped in a big pile of shit"

forest gump-"it happens"

well my personal favorite is`nt really a war movie thought it involves soldiers or maybe mercs, but anyway I'm getting off track.Predator would be it for me but on a second thought it more or less a sci fie, spec ops rescue mission movie that involves real "bad ass" (sorry if i offended any off u guys with the A double S word but there is no otherway of saying it without sounding not enough "chew on this and you`ll be a real sexual tyrannosaurus") guys with some real "ass wooping" action,with simple pick up lines "yur one ugly zun ofa`b!$%&".
But if i had to choose one that involves a real war it would be saving private Ryan, or forest gump ;D just kidding. And i would choose Full metal jacket for the first half and Sgt hartman. But all the other movies are great as long as they look real, and show you what war is really like, which is not like you see in movies ???, like the movie with the guy gone in 60 second and more recently National treasure... Anyway it felt good talking about it and now i feel fresh :p. oh plz don't kick me out for "where the sun doesn't`t shine for some people word stuff bla bla bla bla... :blotto: hahaha whowhowhoaaaaaaa.....

Al-X said:
well my personal favorite is`nt really a war movie thought it involves soldiers or maybe mercs, but anyway I'm getting off track.Predator would be it for me but on a second thought it more or less a sci fie, spec ops rescue mission movie that involves real "bad ***" (sorry if i offended any off u guys with the A double S word but there is no otherway of saying it without sounding not enough "chew on this and you`ll be a real sexual tyrannosaurus") guys with some real "*** wooping" action,with simple pick up lines "yur one ugly zun ofa`b!$%&".
But if i had to choose one that involves a real war it would be saving private Ryan, or forest gump ;D just kidding. And i would choose Full metal jacket for the first half and Sgt hartman. But all the other movies are great as long as they look real, and show you what war is really like, which is not like you see in movies ???, like the movie with the guy gone in 60 second and more recently National treasure... Anyway it felt good talking about it and now i feel fresh :p. oh plz don't kick me out for "where the sun doesn't`t shine for some people word stuff bla bla bla bla... :blotto: hahaha whowhowhoaaaaaaa.....

Whatever you are on, i want some haha. You're wild hehe.

must be the new experimental drugs they have!

speaking of experimental drugs... when i was in meaford they made me take like 5 shots for god knows what....

must be because i was in meaford... or i am actualy a part of the human genome project which i dont yet know about

as for movies... there is no thrill like overkill! Kill BILL vol 1 that is!

anyways...
Some of my favourite war movies are:

The Devil's Birgade
Glory
Gettysburg
The Great Escape
The Lost Batallion (I don't know if this is the right name or not, It's a A&E movie about an American Battalion in a battle in WW 1)

Finally:
The Sound of Music... just kidding (I hope this joke hasn't already been done)

It's a movie based in WW 2. I guess that was a horrible joke, I broke the rule of thinking before typing. Many things I say don't make sense

ya its a good movie
on first impressions it doesnt do so well

im just teasing you anyways
im pretty borderline with this movie

The hills are alive with the sound of music.......... dammit, now ya got that song in my head.

I liked the original M*A*S*H*.

I will loose all creditability by saying "I also enjoy Top Gun." It is so bad that its good.

My favourite movies are:
Full Metal Jacket
Band Of Brothers
BlackHawk Down
A Bridge To Far
We Were Soldiers

My picks:
Saving Private Ryan
Devils Brigade
Bridge over the river Kwai

Just to add my two cents worth my fav Military movies are ....

1/Memphis Belle

2/Das Boot

3/Enemy at the Gates

4/ Fire Base Gloria

5/ Hamburger Hill

6/ Battle of Britain

7/ Black Hawk Down

8/ Band of Brothers ( I know its a mini series but its still well done )

9/ We were soldiers

10/Saving Private Ryan

Battle of Britain - since I was little
Memphis Belle - can a plane get fan mail?
A Midnight Clear - great creepy arthouse flick. Who thought snowballs could freak you out...
Ghostbusters - kinda like a war, no?
Black Hawk Down - it's been said already - do a search... ^-^
Full Metal Jacket - ditto
Stripes - gotta be in here somewhere
Saving Private Ryan
ummm...I'll think of more later
AL

Gotta go with the classic Full Metal Jacket with suck memorable qoutes suck as;
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [Chanting] This is my rifle.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [Grabbing their crotches] This is my gun.
Marines: This is for fighting.
Marines: [Grabbing their crotches] This is for fun.

and..
Marines: [chanting] This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
:threat: :gunner: :mg: :flame: :akimbo: :sniper: :cam: :fifty: :brickwall:

My favorite war movies are the Thin red Line and Saving Private Ryan because they drew me into the experience like no other movie of the genre.

I personally loved starship troopers, I actually watched it tonight.  I really enjoyed the book as well.  I hated the second movie, when it first came out I thought awsome, if this is anywhere as good as the first it will rock, it wasn't close.  I downloaded it, it wasn't worth the time to watch it, nor download it, and I was very sad that I wasted a CDR on burning it, thank god that I only lost the CDR and didn't actually pay to see it.  I then promptly told all my friends (who also love the first) to never watch number 2 and thus saved them the horror.

After all, what are friends for

G.

Back