• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO selection board

I realize that this post originally dealt with the selection board earlier in 2005, but I was curious to know when the September selection board goes through.  I heard something about the 12th, but just wanted to confirm on here with someone who might be able to tell me for sure.

On a related note, I was told that my medical would be rushed due to the impending selection board deadline.  Anyone know how quickly a medical on rush can go through?  I had the medical on August 18, and would be very happy if my review came back in time for the above-mentioned date.

Thanks for any help,

Candid Candidate

Hi,

I did my medical in April 26,2005. My recruiter told me that he will request to speed up the process of getting back the results from Borden and I was merit listed for the May-June selection board 2005. As a result I was merit listed and later get the call for an offer. I believe they will try to rush your medical results and merit list you. Note, my medical file was clear of any medical history. Wish u all the best.

That's exactly the type of thing I was hoping to hear.  Thanks for the good news.

I also don't have any "issues" with regards to medical requirements, so hopefully my results will get pounded through in time for the next board.

Thanks again.

Candid Candidate,

I think that the selection board is the 5th of september, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Don't confuse NCM and Officer boards - from what I understand, the next officer board is in November.

November for officers is what suggested by Dr. Size as well ... it was November last year too.

Not trying to sound like a d#@k here, but can we please keep the focus on DEO selection boards (Officer not NCM) and keep posts regarding other avenues of entrance to the CF to their relevant threads. Thanks.

Is everyone sure about the DEO board being in November?

I was told by two Recruiters that they would rush my DEO applcation so that it would be ready for the September 5 selection board deadline.  I just spoke with one of them the other day and was told that it was sent out in time.

I guess it's possible that my recruiter has the NCM and Officer deadlines mixed up.  Either way, I guess I've applied in time for the next board, whenever that board might be.

Does anyone know if there are still available spots for the the January IAP/BOTC Infantry Officer category?  If so, what do the numbers look like?

Thanks again for any feedback,

I've heard from my recruiter the DEO board is actually in Nov. The next NOAB is scheduled for the last week of Oct + I was informed this would be in time for the Nov board. Hopefully I haven't been misinformed.

Maritime_Matt said:
I've heard from my recruiter the DEO board is actually in Nov. The next NOAB is scheduled for the last week of Oct + I was informed this would be in time for the Nov board. Hopefully I haven't been misinformed.

Well lets put it this way then: If you make it through NOAB then you will be selected for MARS.  THE MAJORITY OF THE DEO BOARDS ARE IN OCT!

Just curious ... what is generally considered a competitive Military Potential Score for Log O.?  I realize that this would likely change a bit from one selection board to another; but just to get an idea, if possible ... kincanucks? 

Enfield said:
When are the next boards and deadlines?
kincanucks said:
Most boards are in Oct with a file due date of 07 Sept 05.

How hard will they enforce that sept 7th application deadline? My update interview is sept 8th & I'm sure it'll take a day or two to send off my application. I'm a bit p-o'd about the deadline because i've been calling for two weeks & the officer incharge of my application has been on holidays. Today I get a call saying that a new officer has my file & he'd like to see me sept 8th. I'm all medical'd & all that. I'm just tired of waiting. I guess what I'm asking is will I make the deadline for Oct boards OR am I to play the waiting game?

Alter Ego said:
Just curious ... what is generally considered a competitive Military Potential Score for Log O.?   I realize that this would likely change a bit from one selection board to another; but just to get an idea, if possible ... kincanucks?  

MP 7 and above.

passthebuck said:
How hard will they enforce that sept 7th application deadline? My update interview is sept 8th & I'm sure it'll take a day or two to send off my application. I'm a bit p-o'd about the deadline because i've been calling for two weeks & the officer incharge of my application has been on holidays. Today I get a call saying that a new officer has my file & he'd like to see me sept 8th. I'm all medical'd & all that. I'm just tired of waiting. I guess what I'm asking is will I make the deadline for Oct boards OR am I to play the waiting game?

The deadline is so far ahead of the board in order to give CFRG HQ ample time to review all the files for accuracy and proper completion.  There are times when prior arrangements are made to accommodate late file submissions but only for files that have already been processed.

Very competitive field to get into.  Once again, you are a wealth of information.  Thanks kincanucks! ;D

Back