• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Early Selection for 3rd Trade

helicopter88

Reaction score
Hi guys, just some background i’m applying ROTP for AERE, EME, and ENG respectively. I qualified for the early selection for Engineering officer (3rd choice), but I really want to go for AERE. Would I be able to decline the ENG offer and wait for another offer (no guarantee for the other 2 occupations during main selection in March/April). I don’t have a problem with ENG officer but I really wanted to go for AERE. I’m thinking if i’m competitive enough for early selection for ENG, I might be able to land AERE during the main selection board. Just need some guidance on whether it is wise to decline this offer and wait.

Thanks in advance :)

If you are going to decline an offer for ENG, just take it off your application now man. You will save yourself a lot of headache.
Would I be able to decline the ENG offer
Yes. However, there is no guarantee that you will be presented an offer for your other choices after you decline that offer. They are not going to re-offer you the thing you rejected in that case either.

This is why it is important to only select trades you are actually willing to accept an offer from.

Back