• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Res DEO pay level

Hanmc

Reaction score
Hello
I'm applying Reservist LogO Direct entry,
My recruiter told me as class A member it will get pay level A in Table B.
That is for general service officer pay scale.

It's $146.14 per day as 2Lt basic.
But I am not in training plan I am DEO.
Is anyone can check your contract and share me what is your pay level?

IMG_3905.jpeg

I don't know where you got that graphic, but the terms "ROTP" and "DEO" don't refer to reservists (at least not as far a pay goes).

Compensation and Benefit Instructions (CBI) details how and what your pay will be.

For reserve officers that would specifically be CBI 204.52. A lot of what it says doesn't apply to your case so I will extract just enough to explain.

204.52(1) (General) Subject to CBI 204.51 (Pay – Conditions of Payment) an officer shall be paid in the manner determined by the Chief of the Defence Staff at the rate of pay established for the officer's rank and pay increment:

(b) if the officer is a general service officer other than a pilot, in Table "B" to this instruction;

204.52(2) (Rate of pay – Lieutenant, Second-Lieutenant and Officer Cadet) An officer in the rank of Lieutenant, Second-Lieutenant and Officer Cadet will be paid as follows:

(a) if a lieutenant or second-lieutenant :

(i) with no former non-commissioned member service, in pay level A of Table B to this instruction

(ii) with former non-commissioned member service and appointed to the rank of officer cadet from the rank of Pte, in pay level A of Table B to this instruction;

(iii) with former non-commissioned member service and appointed to the rank of officer cadet from the rank of Cpl or above, in pay level B of Table B to this instruction

(iv) with former non-commissioned member service and commissioned under the special commissioning plan, in pay level B of Table B to this instruction

(v) with former non-commissioned member service and commissioned under the Commissioning from the Ranks Plan, in pay level C of Table B to this instruction

(vi) if a qualified pilot of the rank of lieutenant, in Table "C" to this instruction.

I'll assume that you have no former NCM service. If you did, you wouldn't be asking this question - maybe a different one, but not that specific one. For Class A reservist officers, the additional "pay levels" (A,B,C) apply only if you have prior time in the ranks or if you are a qualified pilot. Then if you scroll down to Table "B"

1710436597821.png

Clear enough?

I don't know where you got that graphic, but the terms "ROTP" and "DEO" don't refer to reservists (at least not as far a pay goes).

Found it. Life in the Forces | Canadian Armed Forces

The fault is, IMO, crappy staff work by whomever authorized that chart to be published. While it may have been the path of least resistance (or just plain laziness) to just repeat the headings when switching between Regular and Reserve pay rates for junior officers, it's stupid errors like this that confuse individuals such as yourself.

Last edited:
Thank you it's very clear.
All information ; graphic is from force.ca - life in the forces - pay&benefit.

Back