• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Ironic that you mentioned edible crayons on the birthday of the USMC...
Maybe Crayola should release a Semper Fi edition that only has camo themed colours (and maybe the dress blues?). Plus a bonus red crayon to give to the new Lt to mark up their map for night nav.

I think that would be a big seller, if only for a joke gift for Marines.

It is obvious
Do you really?
Why else would people be supporting this on the first place, yes really.
It is better to have an educated panel/voter base - but hey whatever
ask a question without leading and not be accused of bias
Aren't you the guy bitching about his housing costs?
How do you think this will go?
Do I think emission caps on the energy sector effects my home price? No.
I mean seriously dude - you are like JT's fluffer around here - as soon as he goes soft - you are right tin there.
Only because everyone here gets a hard on attacking the Liberals for everything from sunburn to world hunger.

It's a good thing it's a coal export ban.
So if they don't get coal from Canada what do you think happens to:
People who where using coal? Do they just not use coal, or use wood? or get coal from somewhere else?
Coal workers in Canada? The spin offs from that?

I get you fully believe this is a good thing, but the secondary and tertiary effects of this will ripple for some time -- it is unlikely to do a shred of good on the export front - because well people still need heat - or industries need heat.

The price of coal in Canada will drop due to the glut on the market - and more folks will use Coal inside Canada...
If they don't - well the coal worker is now looking for a new job (and I understand the the work sucks - a buddies Dad was one in Pennsylvania - and it seems to be a terrible job -- but it is a job - and when folks need work and can't get it - they become desperate.

Talk about uninformed
Talk about ignoring 80% of the issue.

Only because everyone here gets a hard on attacking the Liberals for everything from sunburn to world hunger.
I generally hate all Politicians - the Liberals just have no substance to their "policies" the fact that people still seem to vote for them because the Right Wing boogeyman is laughable at this point.

I'm fine with policies that have a solid base and a way forward -- I just don't see the Canadian actions to make a great deal of sense - and I see them generally hurting Canadians as a whole.

IF the Liberal Emission plan was forthright about the costs - and explained the ways forward with some clarity - then I wouldn't be as harsh on it -- but right now it is just going to kick Canadian in the junk - and not do a spit of difference in the worldwide situation.

I'd rather see Wetlands rehabilitations projects - as they reduce an Ass ton more carbon that other greenery - plus it would create jobs.
But it doesn't cry out as visibly that one has cut emissions - so it gets ignored and more wetlands are trashed putting one in a worse state than now even with emissions cuts.

People are incredibly stupid - and listen to morons from movies instead of Scientists for information these days.

So if they don't get coal from Canada what do you think happens to:
People who where using coal? Do they just not use coal, or use wood? or get coal from somewhere else?
Coal workers in Canada? The spin offs from that?
They get it from elsewhere. Russia has a lot, as does Mongolia
I get you fully believe this is a good thing, but the secondary and tertiary effects of this will ripple for some time -- it is unlikely to do a shred of good on the export front - because well people still need heat - or industries need heat.
China can get their coal from other sources. And the emissions from coal mines in canada goes down. And with 8 years of lead time, that is more than enough time for the effects to be mitigated.
The price of coal in Canada will drop due to the glut on the market - and more folks will use Coal inside Canada...
How many people are going to make the switch from gas to coal? especially with the carbon tax going to 170 dollars a ton? Not many.
If they don't - well the coal worker is now looking for a new job (and I understand the the work sucks - a buddies Dad was one in Pennsylvania - and it seems to be a terrible job -- but it is a job - and when folks need work and can't get it - they become desperate.

Years.
Talk about ignoring 80% of the issue.
Its a export ban. If people want to use coal with a 170 dollar a ton carbon tax on it, they can go ahead. Its not my fault people here are acting like coal is suddenly contraband.
I generally hate all Politicians - the Liberals just have no substance to their "policies" the fact that people still seem to vote for them because the Right Wing boogeyman is laughable at this point.
You could have fooled me. I don't think you have said one negative thing against folks like O'Toole or Scheer.
I'm fine with policies that have a solid base and a way forward -- I just don't see the Canadian actions to make a great deal of sense - and I see them generally hurting Canadians as a whole.
You are entitled to you opinion. I really don't share it.
IF the Liberal Emission plan was forthright about the costs - and explained the ways forward with some clarity - then I wouldn't be as harsh on it -- but right now it is just going to kick Canadian in the junk - and not do a spit of difference in the worldwide situation.
the paris targets are about reducing domestic emissions, they are trying to do that.
I'd rather see Wetlands rehabilitations projects - as they reduce an Ass ton more carbon that other greenery - plus it would create jobs.
But it doesn't cry out as visibly that one has cut emissions - so it gets ignored and more wetlands are trashed putting one in a worse state than now even with emissions cuts.
You can build as many wetlands as you can, if you continue to increase emissions, its all for nothing. There has to be a combination of emission reduction and carbon capturing (by natural sources)
People are incredibly stupid - and listen to morons from movies instead of Scientists for information these days.
I hope you don't think this is limited to one side of the political spectrum.

So all things being equal, dumb people on both sides of the issue, its a wash. And it doesn't make the poll any less valid. Most canadians are on board with this plan. The one party that is likely to make the biggest stink about it will then complain it doesn't win elections. I wonder why?

Maybe Crayola should release a Semper Fi edition that only has camo themed colours (and maybe the dress blues?). Plus a bonus red crayon to give to the new Lt to mark up their map for night nav.

I think that would be a big seller, if only for a joke gift for Marines.

. . . 6 colors. One for each branch of United States Military service

Jarhead Red™ - Marines
Squid Blue™ - Navy
Dawg Face Green™ - Army
Flyboy Yellow™ -Air Force
Puddle Pirate Orange™ - Coast Guard
Space Cadet White™ - Space Force

CRE.jpg

Bernier loses his lawsuit against Kinsella, who called him racist, misogynist and xenophobic. Bernier didn't meet the burden of proof.

They get it from elsewhere. Russia has a lot, as does Mongolia
So nothing towards actual climate help - yup

China can get their coal from other sources. And the emissions from coal mines in canada goes down. And with 8 years of lead time, that is more than enough time for the effects to be mitigated.
Again - the point - or do you not live on the same planet as the rest of us?

How many people are going to make the switch from gas to coal? especially with the carbon tax going to 170 dollars a ton? Not many.
So you have decided that the coal industry in Canada needs to go...

Its a export ban. If people want to use coal with a 170 dollar a ton carbon tax on it, they can go ahead. Its not my fault people here are acting like coal is suddenly contraband.
The prices of Canadian steel will rise - as well anything else that uses Coking Coal to fire their furnaces...

You could have fooled me. I don't think you have said one negative thing against folks like O'Toole or Scheer.
They do a pretty good job themselves.
But quite frankly their biggest issues seem to be they aren't naturally as full of shit as JT and don't deftly deflect or blatantly lie to folks.
They have some poor platform issues - but their main issues are they don't come across as comfortable.
You are entitled to you opinion. I really don't share it.
You seem to ignore all the tertiary affect for Canadians and Canadian Industries with this - while I admit that reducing ones dependance on Coal and other Fossil fuels in a good idea - putting a x3 the price "tax" on it is not exactly slowly moving towards other energy sources.

the paris targets are about reducing domestic emissions, they are trying to do that.
No it is not - your have to be as dumb as a post to believe that.
If you export coal - you are not the producer of the emissions - whomever burns the coal is - the fact that everyone has neatly decided to ignore -- the Paris agreement is chock so full of garbage it is revolting.
You can build as many wetlands as you can, if you continue to increase emissions, its all for nothing. There has to be a combination of emission reduction and carbon capturing (by natural sources).
Who said increase - I am all for decreasing emissions - but I think the Paris guidelines are poorly constructed and the Coal export ban by Canada wasn't well thought out.
I hope you don't think this is limited to one side of the political spectrum.
Not at all
So all things being equal, dumb people on both sides of the issue, its a wash. And it doesn't make the poll any less valid. Most canadians are on board with this plan. The one party that is likely to make the biggest stink about it will then complain it doesn't win elections. I wonder why?
People are not one issue voters on this - the poll was absolute tripe - my 12 year old son has had to come up with better ones for his 7th Grade Civics class.

So nothing towards actual climate help - yup

Again - the point - or do you not live on the same planet as the rest of us?

So you have decided that the coal industry in Canada needs to go...

The prices of Canadian steel will rise - as well anything else that uses Coking Coal to fire their furnaces...

They do a pretty good job themselves.
But quite frankly their biggest issues seem to be they aren't naturally as full of shit as JT and don't deftly deflect or blatantly lie to folks.
They have some poor platform issues - but their main issues are they don't come across as comfortable.

You seem to ignore all the tertiary affect for Canadians and Canadian Industries with this - while I admit that reducing ones dependance on Coal and other Fossil fuels in a good idea - putting a x3 the price "tax" on it is not exactly slowly moving towards other energy sources.

No it is not - your have to be as dumb as a post to believe that.
If you export coal - you are not the producer of the emissions - whomever burns the coal is - the fact that everyone has neatly decided to ignore -- the Paris agreement is chock so full of garbage it is revolting.

Who said increase - I am all for decreasing emissions - but I think the Paris guidelines are poorly constructed and the Coal export ban by Canada wasn't well thought out.

Not at all

People are not one issue voters on this - the poll was absolute tripe - my 12 year old son has had to come up with better ones for his 7th Grade Civics class.
I’m on the same page as you. I want something done in regards to climate change. But I don’t think anything happening now is addressing the issue.

Well, since both the airline industry and automobiles are major sources of Carbon Dioxide, we should shut down any manufacturing associated with both of them…I am certain neither Quebec nor Ontario will much mind, since their citizens are committed to saving the planet.

Or are they only committed to saving the planet, as long as the industries being targetted for shutdown exist in Provinces other than Ontario and Quebec?

Bernier loses his lawsuit against Kinsella, who called him racist, misogynist and xenophobic. Bernier didn't meet the burden of proof.

Not really. The burden of proof refers to arriving at a determination of the facts; what actually happened. A burden of proof determination would have been a failure to convince the judge that the alleged happenings actually happened, on a balance of probabilities (more likely than not).

More precisely, in this case, the judge had to rule between the gravity of real harms against the desire to preserve the public right to free expression in the context of politically contentious opinions. This is explained in the article.

The judge did find that Kinsella made claims defensible in fact based on things Bernier has actually said, and that certainly undermined Bernier's case as to the potential harm to his reputation.

Basically, this was an anti-SLAPP ruling. Kinsella's expressions weren't markedly different and worse from a lot of other things being said about Bernier from others; tough to say that Kinsella specifically would have had much or any defamatory impact on Bernier's rep.

Those who wish to see more protection of free speech in criticizing political figures should be happy with this ruling. Though such sentiments may vary by who's being criticized, who's doing the criticism, and where one falls politically in comparison to an individual case.

Back