• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Undergarments

I am looking for opinions on the issued Light weight Underwear

• Only thing I wear

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • Worn on Ex only

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Worn as a last resort

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Somewhere in my drawer, in the package

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Never ever wear it

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Bomber

Inactive
Reaction score
Please let me know what you think of the issue underwear, please don't vote if you have no experience with the stuff.   If you are going to vote, please give me some examples as well of pros and cons to the undies.

They make my bag sweaty.

Edited to add: Except for the neck I like the long undershirt, but the shorts and long underpants I don't like.

The shirt is bang on in my opinion. As for the boxer briefs, and long underwear I find if you fart in them once they are tarnished until the next laundry day.

I only wear the stuff in uniform... the shorts are pretty good,  I like the fit and would buy a civilian version if available. I really don't like the 'new' t-shirts. I can't seem to find the right size, and I have like 2 of the older ones that I end up washing ALOT. The polypro long stuff is good, but I wish that there was a long sleeved t-shirt in addition to the zip neck.

The shorts make me sweat, so I wear them in garrison in the winter only.... ,but all that thermal gear is a lot more comfy than the old stuff IMHO.

I like wearing the underwear in uniform and when I am jogging. My sac gets sweaty in them but they act like spandex. And I will wear them under my shorts till I get buff enough for the spandex. My only complaint about them is that there is no dink hole.

i don't like wearing them because they are too loose and all the pairs i have are balled up and itch a lot and also after running around all day in them in the field i tend to get problems with chaffing

its good stuff If you ask me... keeps your tackle in place and out of harms way...

havent had any problem with it being a pain, fits much like the boxer-briefs I wear civie side anyways

Sappo said:
its good stuff If you ask me... keeps your tackle in place and out of harms way...

truer words have yet to be spoken, in my opinon they prevent chaffing on my inner thighs, But maybe that would also be caused by the healthy dosing of baby powder if give them aswell every morning.

I wear them civvy or in uniform whenever i can (i.e. whenever i have a clean pair). They feel nice and soft against my more sensitive areas ;)

Cheers,
Pinky

i wear them in uniform only, because I am a silk kinda guy myself.  ;D

Pte.Pinky said:
I wear them civvy or in uniform whenever i can (i.e. whenever i have a clean pair). They feel nice and soft against my more sensitive areas ;)

Damn straight. It was well worth it to go to the clothing store and beg for a few extra pairs to take on course this summer.

short final said:
Two words -

UNDER ARMOUR

two other words...

DARN EXPENSIVE.

oh and I got 2 other words...

FREE ISSUE.

::)

I understand we are talking about the CF issue green boxer short underwear? If so, then...

I find them really good up to about 24 hrs. By then they have stretched and lost the elasticity they had when fresh. If you can change them every day they work well...

Just like the issued cotton OD tshirt on that other thread...for the cost and its use its good. Theres better out there, but you don't need to wear the expensive ones all the time.

I find the issue ones too warm... once you try Under Armour Boxerbriefs you'll never go back...

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=1&dept_id=1&coll_id=31&pf_id=0867

Who makes our long johns and underwear anyway?

Shit I must be bored.

I wear them only when I am in uniform or when I do PT.    Makes sense in my mind to get wear and tear on my gear while I am on the dime.  After work and weekends I wear my own underware.

Someone told me today that it is not in the dress regs that you "have"to wear underware.    hmmm might explain why the Air force gets none :p

As mentioned by others I find the issued boxers too hot and wear my own.  I do like the long john stuff though.  No complaints other then I'd like another set.

Daidalous said:
Someone told me today that it is not in the dress regs that you "have"to wear underware.     hmmm might explain why the Air force gets none :p

Uhm...yes it is in the Dress Regs...and bras as well for us female types.  :-X

I've seen a pair of the issued underwear used to cover a civi hydration pack!   :rofl: The sad part is it worked pretty well (with some safety pins...)

As far as field wear, nothing beats American Eagle boxers; they're light, breathable, and aren't ugly like the issued "passion-killers."

Back