• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Undergarments

I am looking for opinions on the issued Light weight Underwear

• Only thing I wear

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • Worn on Ex only

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Worn as a last resort

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Somewhere in my drawer, in the package

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Never ever wear it

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
geo said:
more user friendly. I hope it goes through

Ahhh..... a user friendly bra!... my wife & I concurr

;)

Yeah...I should submit that to DMMD for the specs..."must be un-hookable using one hand only!!"

no, no.... two fingers: thumb and index....

geo said:
no, no.... two fingers: thumb and index....

OK Seen!!

My submission then:

"In order to comply with CF specifications the garment approved for purchase must be detachable using only the thumb and index finger on one hand only, either left or right, by the undresser, in most cases, members of the opposite sex."

There... How's that?

You may want to specify that it must be able to be done (undone) by the thumb and index of either the right or left hand.  Got to take into account that we have left-hand firers in the service of our country (not everyone is right-handed).  ;D  Nor is the situation always conducive to the use of one or the other hand.

Are we up to twenty pages yet on this report?

Alright I am not a military member but I am married to one and I have to say that I love the green underwear.  They are so soft.  I love to touch them and have been known to occassionaly wear them to bed myself.  lol.

George Wallace said:
You may want to specify that it must be able to be done (undone) by the thumb and index of either the right or left hand.   Got to take into account that we have left-hand firers in the service of our country (not everyone is right-handed).    ;D   Nor is the situation always conducive to the use of one or the other hand.
BTU Purchase Specification Ammendment #2 to Ammendment 1:

"In order to comply with CF specifications the garment approved for purchase must be detachable using only the thumb and index finger on one hand only, either left or right, by the undresser, in most cases, members of the opposite sex."

George Wallace said:
Are we up to twenty pages yet on this report?
Working on it!!  :)

Aaargh!!!

She's at it again.... raided my underwear drawer ;)

Hmmmm..... form fitting for sure. Yummmm

My first post on the army forums.....is on underwear.

I like them. I am only in BMQ so I haven't had a lot of experience with them but what Experience i do have it good. Supportive. Keeps the equiptment safely stored in the correct appartments. 

Hey!! Guess what happened at work today...

Size X-Large Boxers just became "Ops Restricted use only" due to critical shortages!!

Unbelievable

An embarassed Sup Tech

Sorry ladies and gents, this is truly sad and someone is not on the ball somewhere.

Critical shortages?
Maybe they can give the fella some $ and tell him to buy on the civy market.

It works for the women - why not for the guys?

geo said:
Critical shortages?
Maybe they can give the fella some $ and tell him to buy on the civy market.

It works for the women - why not for the guys?

We only buy bras downtown. The girls get issued the boxers too!! Yep...I can see the headlines now...the Army is suffering critical shortages of size extra large underwear!! Oy yoi yoi!!!

I only have experience with the boxer briefs, as I was never issued anything else  :threat: (spare for the standard green Ts which I have no comment on either way). 

How do I feel about the boxer briefs?  To borrow from Wayne's World, "at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you."  Although, they are a little shorter than I'm used to and they lack a certain hole that makes using the facilities easier.

Also, the thing is great for wicking moisture.  Us males out their know the saying....  Well, these prevent any embrassing spots.  ;D

Hehe... maybe we can the base tailor to stitch together a couple of mediums...

(thank god I don't need "XL")

Thanks for the link on the underarmour.  I only wear boxers and love the issued ones.  I use them for loungewear after work - just peel off the pants and I'm set all evening.  Unless some bothersome person comes knocking on the door.  The only time I forgot I didn't have pants on was when the girl guides came on their annual campaign.  Never answer the door in your boxers when there's a girlguide on the other side... it looks very bad.

armyvern said:
Hey!! Guess what happened at work today...

Size X-Large Boxers just became "Ops Restricted use only" due to critical shortages!!

Unbelievable

An embarassed Sup Tech

Sorry ladies and gents, this is truly sad and someone is not on the ball somewhere.

Says something about the physical condition of our forces there eh?

R031button said:
Says something about the physical condition of our forces there eh?
No. Not really. We actually have contracted deliveries for the XL size in smaller numbers than the other sizes, so we actually get fewer delivered into the system in the first place. Size small just began coming back into stock after a 2 month hiatus, and it is by far the most popular size.

armyvern said:
No. Not really. We actually have contracted deliveries for the XL size in smaller numbers than the other sizes, so we actually get fewer delivered into the system in the first place. Size small just began coming back into stock after a 2 month hiatus, and it is by far the most popular size.
Whew!!!

Back