• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

taco said:
Is there anyone attending ASC next week (the week of the 25th) from Toronto, and if so anyone taking greyhound. I was wondering when you get there how you actually get to CFB trenton/ASC. 

Join the via-band wagon!

I'm not part of the aircrew testing, but I live in Trenton, and whether you are taking Via or Greyhound, they don't run often here (twice a day) and both stops aren't walking distance to the base (well unless you want to walk an hour on partialy plowed sidewalks). Also with Via you must book your tickets atleast 24hr in advance to have the train stop in Trenton (its only a junction station, not full serve), otherwise you have to go to Belleville. Now isn't the testing group sending transportation to pick you up from where ever you get in from. Also one note about Greyhound, its not always on time, remember it has to drive out from downtown TO and go through all the normal traffic.

Good Luck!

I just one to make sure of one thing.

CFRC Vancouver scheduled me for a medical and an interview today (Feb. 22nd).
Yesterday, I took my CFAT and "passed" (all they said).

Does that mean my application has not been sent in yet, and that it will go through the sinister "round 2"?

By the way, CFRC will not be hearing from Ontario until March, so I am assuming offers have not yet been sent out in Vancouver.

Thanks to anyone who has helped me on this great forum.

Well I was in round one and already heard back, and I was through CFRC Vancouver. However as I had told everyone the CFRC told me I had been given an INT O spot, well today they called me back and said they screwed up... Now like everyone else applying for officer positions I have been put into Air Operations Support.... Would have been nice if they told me that the first time instead of getting my hopes up.

I received an offer for Airops and ROTP at Uvic about a week ago :D  Currently in second year at malaspina

Stil haven't received a date for ASC for pilot :( need to let my employer know i'll be gone for a week.

hey perfect clark, by next week do you mean the week of the 25th or the week of the third, i have the list of ASC course candidates here for the week of the 25th and theres only myself and one other person from toronto. (the rest are kitchener, london, ottawa, thunderbay, edmonton and saskatoon)

holy moly! if round 2 comes in may, the wait could be agonizing haha oh well
good luck and congrats so far

taco said:
I was wondering when you get there how you actually get to CFB trenton/ASC. 

Take a cab and get a reciept. You will be reimbursed.

Just recieved acceptance today into the RMC for air operations  ;D. Best phone call of my life.

Got the call today from CFRC Toronto for Land Operations. I'm a happy guy. I was told I'd be going to Saint-Jean for the first year, interviewing for my trade and doing training that summer and then moving to RMC for the next three years. Now I think I'll go celebrate with push ups.

Peters 219 said:
Got the call today from CFRC Toronto for Land Operations. I'm a happy guy. I was told I'd be going to Saint-Jean for the first year, interviewing for my trade and doing training that summer and then moving to RMC for the next three years. Now I think I'll go celebrate with push ups.

1 Year in St-Jean then 3 in Kingston?  That's odd.  If you go to St-Jean you usually still do the 4 years at RMC!

Max

I was told it's not a prepatory year. I'm accepted at RMC, but they're sending a few people to Saint-Jean for first year schooling followed by three years at RMC.

I got the call today and I was told that I won't be doing IAP this summer, is that normal?

SupersonicMax said:
1 Year in St-Jean then 3 in Kingston?  That's odd.  If you go to St-Jean you usually still do the 4 years at RMC!

Max

Ya I don't know what's going on either, they're coming out with a bunch of new things. I heard of something similar that envolved 2 years at St-Jean (where you do PYOP instead of FYOP) and then come to RMC going straight into Second Year, and do 3 years at RMC. Again, rumour mill, but I heard this from many sources, just none official.

NCdt Lumber said:
Ya I don't know what's going on either, they're coming out with a bunch of new things. I heard of something similar that envolved 2 years at St-Jean (where you do PYOP instead of FYOP) and then come to RMC going straight into Second Year, and do 3 years at RMC. Again, rumour mill, but I heard this from many sources, just none official.

Even the "official" sources don't always know what's going on. I've had a lot of mixed messages about a lot of things in my recruiting process, simply because of all the new stuff.

Well i just got the call from CFRC Vancouver, and I am accepted into Land Operations for ROTP, I am estatic. I can't wait for this summer and upcoming year!

Crisock said:
Well i just got the call from CFRC Vancouver, and I am accepted into Land Operations for ROTP, I am estatic. I can't wait for this summer and upcoming year!

Land Operations!? How can you be estatic?! Sea Operations: now that's something to be estatic about! Ready Aye Ready!
:p

Congrats nonetheless!

Sea operations? *shakes head* being stuck on a boat for weeks on end? I much prefer my land ;)

Thanks though.

Back