• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

Arch33

Inactive
Reaction score
1. Around when does the RMC send out acceptance?
and
2. If I do get into RMC when will I have to do some sort of training before hand during this coming summer?

Thanks

My application to the royal military college was recently sent to the admissions board. I have finished the aptitude test, the medical and the interview and was deemed suitable for the canadian forces. Im worried that i might not get in to the school simply because it was sent out right before the deadline, does anyone know if this will effect their decision? Waiting to hear back from the only school you want to go to takes alot of patience, im wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for me to hear back on whether or not i am accepted. Also, does the decision get made right when my application gets there or are they saved for a certain date and are all processed at the same time?

My advise:  You did what you had to do in order to complete your application.  Now, stop worrying (I know it's hard) and let people that are paid to make those decisions do their job ;)

Good Luck,

Max

SupersonicMax said:
stop worrying... Good Luck,

Max

+1

If they wanted it in a week before the deadline, they'd make the deadline a week before the deadline. :D Best of luck!

mantai,
Actually the selection board sits for the first round on 5 Feb so your file is is there in lots of time. Last year RMC had four or five selection boards. So people are selected and when they get a Civie U scholarship offer in May  / June they turn down their RMC offer. Good luck and don't worry.

thanks for all the advice, ill try to be a little more patient haha. I just have one last question, I have been reading the other threads on this site and it appears that in previous years the admission board sat in may/june and as CFR FCS said this year they sit in february. did they change it to an earlier date this year or is it still the same?

Hello all!
I am hoping that there is a recruiter out there that may shed some light here, but of course anyone else is welcome to add their 2 cents!

I recently applied for ROTP and was told that the selection board would be deciding around late Jan/ early Feb.
I was curious about how long after are the candidates informed, and secondly, are you informed that you did not get accepted?

Thanks very much!  - HD007

They will inform you if an offer of employment is not forth-coming.

Now, I'm also just an applicant - but from my understanding, the offers will begin to appear early February, and continue coming out for the entire month.

Along with these offers will be some "not great news" calls, again, AFAIK.

Good luck!

I'm in the same boat. Applying to the university that I've wanted to go to for about 8 yrs and waiting isn't sitting too well. However, I just got received my first admissions letter from a Civilian University, so at least I'll go somewhere in September.

Good Luck Guys! And hopefully we'll all see each other on  IAP in July!

rmc_hopeful said:
Applying to the university that I've wanted to go to for about 8 yrs and waiting isn't sitting too well.

:crybaby:

C'mon Aviator, surely you remember your application process. Be nice.

The first wave of selctions for ROTP is done. The board sat earlier this week. Now it will take a little while for the recruiters to be told who got it, but you should be calling to check on your file every 2 weeks anyway.

You MUST get into university in order to join under the ROTP plan. The military does not have any bearing on a university's decision. If you have not received your unoversity acceptance, and you are selected for ROTP, you will receive a "Conditional Offer".  It is conditional upon you getting accepted to university on your own.

Now, if you did not get selected in the first wave of selections, there will be a second. This will incude the seats that others have turned down or not received their acceptance for university. You'd be surprised how many people may turn it down.... signing a -10-12 year contract will do that to someone.

Note: For every month of subsidization, you owe back two months of service. This service starts AFTER your education is complete.

All in all - best of luck to you. I know the waiting is hell, but for those who get accepted, it will be worth it!

:cdn:

just to clarify the above post, it is 2 months of service for every month of subsidization up to a maximum of 5 years. that being said, depending on your course reports and outstanding performance, you may be offered a contract at the end of your phase 4 that could be longer that 5 years, for example 7 or 8, based on your performance. on the opposite, if your performance is sub par, you may only get a 5 year contract ( what your obligated to do). this is what i was told during my interviews at the CFRC.

if people could give a shout to everyone on here about their call backs, im sure i wouldn't be the only person interested! good luck all!

jalara said:
The first wave of selctions for ROTP is done. The board sat earlier this week. Now it will take a little while for the recruiters to be told who got it, but you should be calling to check on your file every 2 weeks anyway.

Shouldn't the CFRC be calling us or sending us a letter telling people they have been accepted, rather than us calling and pestering them (Which for some of us we have done many times during the application process). Last I heard from my recruiters, I wouldn't be hearing anything until the end of the month, however when I do hear back, I'll be sure to let everyone know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and a smile on my face until then! :D

Does anyone know how the ROTP acceptances work for aircrew applicants? I have aircrew booked for the end of February so of course I can't get accepted unless I pass that.... so would I receive a conditional offer or something?

When I joined a few years ago, I applied in december, got an answer mid-May.  Don't sweat guys.

Max

Perfect_Clark said:
Does anyone know how the ROTP acceptances work for aircrew applicants? I have aircrew booked for the end of February so of course I can't get accepted unless I pass that.... so would I receive a conditional offer or something?

I was thinking the same thing. You'd think they'd want you to do aircrew before the selection process.

Well... I went to ACS and I hadn't been given an acceptance yet.

Then when they gave me an offer, it was for CELE and not Pilot. 

I believe offers will start trickling out this week.

Good luck to everyone!

Back