• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP Selection Question

Reaction score
Would seeing my application status as 'selected' for an officer position in the applicant portal for the Regular Officer Training Plan indicate that I have been accepted by the Royal Military College (RMC), or do I need to wait for RMC to send out an email also?

You have been selected. You will be contacted by the military shortly with all the details regarding your offer. I was selected today as well.

I was selected yesterday (Feb.13), logged in to portal and went from “Competition list” to “Selected”. Wonder how long before we hear from CAF, RMC with the offer?

RMC doesn't typically send anything for ROTP, the CAF selects applicants and provides offers. It is not like a typical university offer, rather it is selection for an employment contract.

RMC essentially enrolls anyone the CAF selects for them, that is why the RMC admissions department determines academic eligibility at the start of the application process.

I was selected yesterday (Feb.13), logged in to portal and went from “Competition list” to “Selected”. Wonder how long before we hear from CAF, RMC with the offer?

We should hear within a couple days to 1-2 weeks max. Exciting times! Can't wait for BMOQ Mod 1 in the summer.

We should hear within a couple days to 1-2 weeks max. Exciting times! Can't wait for BMOQ Mod 1 in the summer.
Thanks! I emailed my recruiter today and asked how long till the offer comes.
BMOQ Mod 1 should be great…exciting times for sure!

Anyone hear with an offer yet?

Not yet. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You've been selected so the offer will come in a week or two max. Recruiting centres just have to prepare all the offers.

Hey, so upon emailing the local CFRC I've learned that even though you are on the status of being "selected" on the applicant portal, it's not official and just meant that you are moving further up the merit list to be considered an offer.. I guess I'd better hurry up and wait.

Yea, that more less what I was told as well….hurry up and wait…story of this ROTP/caf process

Back