• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

Hey guys, anyone know why offers will be going out as late as august, i mean in previous years they would have been done by now i think, especially since once u get an offer u are usually on basic training within the same year?

No calls here yet, but I supposed not getting a call saying I've been rejected is also a good thing. Any nursing applicants receive calls yet?

pilot88 said:
i mean in previous years they would have been done by now i think

No, there have been offers sent out as late as august in the past.

Last minute selection boards, people deciding at the last minute that they don't want to go to RMC after already accepting RMC, releases during summer training: these are all possible reasons for last minute offers.

pilot88 said:
Hey guys, anyone know why offers will be going out as late as august, i mean in previous years they would have been done by now i think, especially since once u get an offer u are usually on basic training within the same year?

Did you learn English in High School?

pilot88 said:

Got my offer in May 2000, basic in June 2000.  You have plenty of time.

Yes, I was a nursing app who has recieved a call. I was told that all Nurse O's were picked up on the January selection board, this information coming from my CFRC. I'd recommend calling your recruiter and asking about your file status.

Yasha, do a search on IAP Kingston, there's a thread that talks about the new system that's being installed for RMC Cadets this year. Basic will be next year, sounds like a mini IAP will be in August at RMC before FYOP.

You know you've been reading these forums for a while when you start writing in alphabet soup!! ;)

I have been calling and visiting my CFRC every two weeks since January. No news on the nursing selections, except that I've been merit listed. The recruiters don't seem to know what's going on, and my file manager has been away every time I call or visit. I'm going to go down there and sort it out, because from what I've heard the file manager knows more about my situation than the recruiters.

what I've heard the file manager knows more about my situation than the recruiters.

That is because it is the file manager's responsibility to look after your file now and not the recruiters as their job is finished as far as you are concerned.  The file manager will contact you when there is something to tell you.

HH

Hi all, I just stuck a post on the IAP Kingston thread about receiving enrolment packages if you wanted info. In a nutshell, the official letters will be sent out in May. I'm in BC, in case it's different for other provinces. :)

Just got my phone call. It was delayed due to ongoing medical problems that have now been resolved. I was accepted into Land Ops and will be going to Fort St. Jean in Quebec for a prep year and then RMC for the next four. Look forward to meeting some of you later.

Devon

kincanucks said:
what I've heard the file manager knows more about my situation than the recruiters.

That is because it is the file manager's responsibility to look after your file now and not the recruiters as their job is finished as far as you are concerned.  The file manager will contact you when there is something to tell you.

HH
In actual fact Kincanucks, in our AOR it is the interviewing Military Career Counsellor who will contact the successful ROTP applicant with his/her offer. After the first selection board in mid-Feb almost 85% of the offers were extended. Some offers may be thrown back into the mix due to rejections, failure to be accepted into civvy u (if asking for civvy u), aircrew selection failure, changing medical condition, injuries etc. After the 2nd look in March there were a few crumbs left. You can apply at any time of the year for ROTP. If you apply now, though, it will be for commencing RMC/civvy u in Sept 2009.

Jack Nastyface said:
In actual fact Kincanucks, in our AOR it is the interviewing Military Career Counsellor who will contact the successful ROTP applicant with his/her offer. After the first selection board in mid-Feb almost 85% of the offers were extended. Some offers may be thrown back into the mix due to rejections, failure to be accepted into civvy u (if asking for civvy u), aircrew selection failure, changing medical condition, injuries etc. After the 2nd look in March there were a few crumbs left. You can apply at any time of the year for ROTP. If you apply now, though, it will be for commencing RMC/civvy u in Sept 2009.

Yes perhaps I should have been more specific.  It is the File Manager's job to handle the administration of the file and if there is an offer it is usually the job of the MCC to contact the applicant directly as in the case of ROTP offers or rejections.  Better?

Back