• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

IntlBr said:
I believe offers will start trickling out this week.

Don't know where you got this information. If you're working in a CFRC or at the CFRG HQ in Borden then I understand, but having gone through the process and talked with many, many others who have, offers don't come out until the spring, in April and May. Last minute offers will go out as late as August, just before the semester starts.

Not as far as I've heard at least.

The first selection board sat last week, and offers will begin to come out this week, and through to the end of the month, when another board will sit, repeating the process.

Again, this is not AFAIK, its As Far As I've Heard (from the CFRC).

My CFRC told me something similar to what IntlBr heard. They told me to expect to hear from them by the end of February.

I called my recruiting centre today.  The man on the phone told me that they would get the results in March (CFRC Vancouver).

I missed the first selection board that sat in early February, but my interviewer told me that they were going to be sending offers starting at the end of February for those who were selected on the first board.

Note: This is information from CFRC Ottawa.

This is related to RMC and falls under the ROTP category, so please don't move my post.  This thread is current, and many people post on it.  I hope to get good answers on this thread.

The question I am about to ask can be best answered by people who have already through the RMC/ROTP process. 

Eventhough I am quite confident that I will at least get an offer for ROTP (I'm still very nervous, don't get me wrong), I am trying to come up with a backup emergency plan, in case something goes wrong.

From personal experience, how hard is it to get into RMC/ROTP during your first year of post-secondary? meaning I would apply for RMC/ROTP during my first year at university (probably UBC or SFU). And also, is it much more difficult to get into CF as a Direct Entry Officer?

AND YES, I already used the search function, and the few answers I found for my question were not the kind I was hoping for.

Thanks for your time,
Billy Park

billypark said:
AND YES, I already used the search function, and the few answers I found for my question were not the kind I was hoping for.

They did not answer your question or you didnt like that answers you got ?

What I mean is that they didn't really apply to my situation.  I also did not like the answers because of that.

billypark said:
What I mean is that they didn't really apply to my situation.  I also did not like the answers because of that.

Thanks. I was just curious. Sometimes we get folks that read that "no you will not be able to do this" and just dont like to hear it. I dont know what the answer to your question is but i hope you find it.

Thanks, and I know what you mean about people taking it the wrong way. 
People assume admins are being bossy, but sometimes the admins just want to clear something up.

billypark said:
Thanks, and I know what you mean about people taking it the wrong way. 
People assume admins are being bossy, but sometimes the admins just want to clear something up.

Well, I'm applying in my 3rd year for them to subsidize my 4th, and having no problems with it. As long as you have a year left you're good to go.

I'm waiting to hear back from my application. I'm in first year at UBC, and after my whole application process, they told me I had a very good shot at getting accepted, provided 12 people didn't all have absolutely stunning, gold leaf applications with cheques stapled to the inside. Best thing to do, apply, wait, and see. If it doesn't turn out, you can either apply again, wait until you graduate and try for DEO, go NCM, or find a different career. You do have a few choices if you aren't picked the first time.

i just got my call today, ill be headin off to rmc next year. greatest day of my life!! Waiting was hell but it was well worth it

haha yes im sure this will be a catalyst for many more greatest days of my life  ;D

my name is jonas said:
haha yes im sure this will be a catalyst for many more greatest days of my life   ;D

and some "worse day of my life' too......don't forget about those  ;D

Congrats Jonas!

Do you mind telling us where you are in the country?

I'm just curious which CFRCs are starting to get the word!

im in calgary alberta.. the cfrc said  they were one of the first centers  to hear from rmc but it shouldnt be long for the word to start getting out. good luck to everyone, i hope you  all get to feel as happy as i do

Wow!  I'm in Southern Ontario - I thought the odds were decent I'd get word before the Westerners did!

Again, congrats.  What occupation?

Back