• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Texas asserts sovereignty.

So much for Biden Democrats' moral superiority when it comes to obeying the law.
Wow. This’ll be interesting to watch through both the courts and the executive branches. I think Biden needs to find a politically safe way to blink on this one. Abbot has a lot of power to confront Biden with a fair accomplit - backed with the TX NG - and dare Biden to do something about it. I don’t see that Biden has much in the way of good options.

Wow. This’ll be interesting to watch through both the courts and the executive branches. I think Biden needs to find a politically safe way to blink on this one. Abbot has a lot of power to confront Biden with a fair accomplit - backed with the TX NG - and dare Biden to do something about it. I don’t see that Biden has much in the way of good options.
What I don't understand is this: if any amount of what's indicated in the 3 bullets is true, just, why? As in what does Biden have to gain from allowing/enabling all that? All I see is a ton of ammunition for Republicans in return for... what, exactly?

Biden has no options indeed.

Though, to be frank, he could also just yield and do his job.

What I don't understand is this: if any amount of what's indicated in the 3 bullets is true, just, why? As in what does Biden have to gain from allowing/enabling all that? All I see is a ton of ammunition for Republicans in return for... what, exactly?
Very simple. Votes.

Texas is on the brink of turning blue.

Democrats are pushing for No-ID voting. So that illegals could flood in and vote for them.

Very much playing with fire, there's no guarantee they'll vote democrat in the long run. Florida has turned reliably red, as an example.

See the similarities of a woke Biden administration that ignores the laws of the land, embroils itself in criminal activity, ignores the constitution, appointing heads of federal departments that have no experience in their respective fields, and forcing the people to accept what everybody knows is not in their interest...and our own Canadian version of the same?

Why, you ask? I personally think there are 2 distinct options, with one being marginally better than the other...

1. Sheer arrogance combined with incompetence. Plain & simple.

2. The deliberate destruction of the country, on account of ushering in a new era of sorts.

If the new era they are wanting to bring in was good for us, they wouldn't have to consistently break the law and/or do things in secret in order to do it...

Last year alone the US allowed in approx 3 million undocumented immigrants (aka illegal aliens) which complement suck dry the coffers of all levels of government, drastically increase the visible poverty in cities, and rely either purely on the state or working illegally in order to support themselves (often both). And that 3 million doesn't include the tens of millions already in the US...

I don't blame Abbott one bit for doing exactly what the constitution was written for & calling up his National Guard.

See the similarities of a woke Biden administration that ignores the laws of the land, embroils itself in criminal activity, ignores the constitution, appointing heads of federal departments that have no experience in their respective fields, and forcing the people to accept what everybody knows is not in their interest...and our own Canadian version of the same?

Why, you ask? I personally think there are 2 distinct options, with one being marginally better than the other...

1. Sheer arrogance combined with incompetence. Plain & simple.

2. The deliberate destruction of the country, on account of ushering in a new era of sorts.

If the new era they are wanting to bring in was good for us, they wouldn't have to consistently break the law and/or do things in secret in order to do it...

Last year alone the US allowed in approx 3 million undocumented immigrants (aka illegal aliens) which complement suck dry the coffers of all levels of government, drastically increase the visible poverty in cities, and rely either purely on the state or working illegally in order to support themselves (often both). And that 3 million doesn't include the tens of millions already in the US...

I don't blame Abbott one bit for doing exactly what the constitution was written for & calling up his National Guard.

I've been touting #2 for 8 years, including the duplication of each others policies between obama/biden and trudeau. You can't take down one country without taking down the other at the same time. It an attack on North America.

I've been touting #2 for 8 years, including the duplication of each others policies between obama/biden and trudeau. You can't take down one country without taking down the other at the same time. It an attack on North America.
Me too brother, me too

I don't understand how it can be seen as anything other than exactly that

Texas asserting sovereignty and (potentially) talking about succession? Hasn’t that been a running theme for decades, if not almost 2 centuries (at least after 1865)?

The question is whether state law trumps (heh) federal law regarding the border or not.
Federal Supremacy on Border issues are already established.

Abbot is writing checks that he legally cannot enforce, and the TX ARNG can get federalized in a heart beat removing any ability for Abbot to do more than quack.

Now the border is a major issue - however both Parties are playing with fire, as House Republicans have refused to deal with it after demanding it be dealt with, and the Democrats have created a slew of issues.

Both sides are getting played by Putin and don’t understand it at all.

Frankly, 90% of our Politicians on both sides just need to be executed for treason, as a lot of foreign monies have been pouring in.

Tussi Gabbard was walking at SHOT, sadly one of my Secret Service buddies stoped me from slewfooting her into the concrete.

Oh did I say that out loud.
That's disturbing, you're willing to injure a woman because you disagree with her politics.

That's disturbing, you're willing to injure a woman because you disagree with her politics.
I’d not shed a tear if she died today. She’s a traitor who while still serving in uniform made statements (untrue) that damaged the credibility of the country.

Hanging is to good for her.

I’d not shed a tear if she died today. She’s a traitor who while still serving in uniform made statements (untrue) that damaged the credibility of the country.

But, not without her fans,

Vivek

I think it would be in America's best interest as well if Vivek is Trump's VP in 2024 to get seasoned in how the swamp really works, then runs for President again in 2028 🇺🇸
Kevin B - I'm not trying to troll, just answering the question

I think it's been openly acknowledged that when Trump was first elected and had vowed to drain the swamp, he didn't have a lot of practical experience with how the swamp truly worked

A few years in Washington before he was elected may have seasoned him enough to be able to accomplish his goals better

I think Trump will pick Vivek. But honestly I don't know...after today's revelation from Kari Lake, I can admit I probably don't even know all the players

As far as i know tho, Vivek was the only former candidate that Trump gave stage time to in New Hampshire...

If Vivek plans to run again in 2028, it would be good for him to have some time in Washington to know how to navigate the waters come 2028 if he wins

What was the incident/context you're referring to?

I was under the impression that Tulsi had served in the armed forces for quite some time, worked her way up to being a Lt. Col & was well respected south of the border...??

I'm now thinking maybe I'm under the wrong impression?

When the new administration undertook to wipe many of the previous administration's policies off the board immediately upon assuming office, weakening illegal immigration enforcement was one of the cornerstones. The effects of that started almost equally immediately and have been going on for almost four years. Surely none of this is a surprise?

Back