• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will 2021 see a new pistol buy?

Will the CAF's new pistol be a:

• the new US service pistol, the Sig Sauer P320 (M17/M18)?

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • the British version of the Glock 17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Beretta APX?

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • a Canadian designed Black Creek Labs PX17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Norinco?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something else?

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are options for more built in to the contract. I suspect all options will be exercised.

7,000 pistols is like an average Police Department in the US, but I am really glad to hear this. I just fear what they are going to do with BHP's.
Fail Just For Laughs GIF

I'd grab a decent one and a few mags just for shits and giggles. Actually I never had a problem with the Browning unless the mags were shit.
I especially liked the ones that rattled when you gave it a little shake, I was unaware a floating barrel was a desired design concept in a hand canon.

Finally. Let’s hope we don’t snatch defeat out of victory.

Australia also announced last week that they chose the P320. They are also going a step further though and jumping all in with their plan to mass issue miniature red dot optics and weapon mounted lights with all their pistols. That is something that is basically bleeding edge even for police services let alone a military.
Vancouver Police just went with red dot sight and mounted flashlight, and the RCMP are in the tendering process and have that too.

Vancouver Police just went with red dot sight and mounted flashlight, and the RCMP are in the tendering process and have that too.
Both the CAF and RCMP RFPs made reference to a red dot sight for their respective pistols.

My Agency is musing about a red dot and a mounted light as well.

Hopefully we don’t inflict them on Ukraine.
Oooffff…

But all handguns are super dangerous, m’kay? and therefore would “show our continued support for Ukraine in their efforts to defend freedom & democracy, and something ALL Canadians can be proud of!”

(For some reason I can already hear him saying it in my head…)

Our boarding party kit (sans Sigs, MP5s and 870s) was sourced almost entirely from MDC in the late 90s/early oughts. I concur that they’re great to work with. I think the company, or at least the storefront, appears to reside in Lizzy May’s riding. Hmm…

Our boarding party kit (sans Sigs, MP5s and 870s) was sourced almost entirely from MDC in the late 90s/early oughts. I concur that they’re great to work with. I think the company, or at least the storefront, appears to reside in Lizzy May’s riding. Hmm…
Yup. Keating X Road.

I wonder if they’ll manage to find a mag pouch that some how interfaces with any of our kit.

Holsters will likely be a follow on procurem

I cried with joy when they took over the Sig distribution contract from that big company back East which I can't recall the name. Previously trying to get a Sig part as a gun owner was utter hell. MDC actually cares about clients, big and small.

I cried with joy when they took over the Sig distribution contract from that big company back East which I can't recall the name. Previously trying to get a Sig part as a gun owner was utter hell. MDC actually cares about clients, big and small.
That would be R. Nichols…
When I joined KAC in 2009, my first joy was to fire Bob and Co as Knight’s Canadian Rep.

This is awesome. Feels like Christmas.

P320 is what I wished for, and MDC, as SKT said, are great to work with.

7,000 pistols is enough to equip al the HQ types across the country to boost their LCF in front of the troops.
I see getting over the inertia of contractlessness as more important than the number itself! I'd be mighty surprised if they didn't execute the option for more.

Honestly of all the equipment issues of the CAF, the pistol should have been a significantly lower priority.

Back