• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's best for Deployment opportunities: Postal Clerk or RMS (NCM)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArmyVern said:
It's a Friday afternoon thing, has been forever and a day.

It takes 20 minutes, one afternoon a week and it's done. And there's hygiene/health reasons for it occuring.  You make it seem like that's all I've done (or any Suppy) for 20 years. Word up ... we Suppies deploy a whole lot more than RMS ... scratch that off your list if that's all your interested in.

Wow. Did I awaken someone who hasn't yet had a cup of coffee or am I just being goaded into a tongue-war here???  I think anyone reading the tail-end of this thread will plainly see it that way because my initial response was not one of taking offense.  However, reading your last post does require me to defend myself...First, I was a supply tech myself, and yes, I am aware of the sweeping floors being a Friday afternoon thing - I was there and participated. Second, I was merely using a metaphor to explain myself, not attacking all the sup techs out there - least of all you personally since all I know about you is your rank and age (which is the same as mine, btw). Lastly, if you read the entire thread (or perhaps just the first page), then you would know that I have already addressed your last remark. 

Have a good day. 

Binder said:
Wow. Did I awaken someone who hasn't yet had a cup of coffee or am I just being goaded into a tongue-war here???  I think anyone reading the tail-end of this thread will plainly see it that way because my initial response was not one of taking offense.  However, reading your last post does require me to defend myself...First, I was a supply tech myself, and yes, I am aware of the sweeping floors being a Friday afternoon thing - I was there and participated. Second, I was merely using a metaphor to explain myself, not attacking all the sup techs out there - least of all you personally since all I know about you is your rank and age (which is the same as mine, btw). Lastly, if you read the entire thread (or perhaps just the first page), then you would know that I have already addressed your last remark. 

Have a good day. 

First,

I didn't take offense to it. I just wanted it clearly put that Sup techs have much better things to do than sweep floors (which probably makes up for .00001% of our work week).

I sweep. Still. Secondly, wtf does my rank and age (or yours) have to do with this?

Oh, and I've already been up since 0430 (and, if you really do know me at all - you'll know that the mere fact that I slept at all is unusual) hrs and have 2 X XL blacks into me ... with a few other cups from the Mess Hall. It's a long drive back to NB from this hole.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Vern, you truly under estimate how anal the Artillery is.[was]

Keeps their curling skills up ... is what I hear.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Oh, and I've already been up since 0430 (and, if you really do know me at all - you'll know that the mere fact that I slept at all is unusual) hrs and have 2 X XL blacks into me ... with a few other cups from the Mess Hall. It's a long drive back to NB from this hole.

Have a safe drive back Vern.

The topic of this thread seems to have certainly run its course... It's about time I 'unsubscribe' from the updates to it.  Cheers.

Binder said:
The topic of this thread seems to have certainly run its course... It's about time I 'unsubscribe' from the updates to it.  Cheers.

There's always the option of subscribing to some of the other already-existing threads discussing which trades deploy "more" etc etc etc ...  ;)

Still kicking a dead horse, eh Vern? Get a life.  ::)

It took you weeks to respond to this thread from when it first started, and when you did you didn't even bother to read the first 3 pages - just straight to the end where you thought putting in your 2 cents worth of already-addressed questions would be 'helpful'.  Though, let's be honest, being 'helpful' was not what you had in mind.  I know people like you - unhappy with your life and/or present circumstances (for example,
it's a long drive back to NB from this hole
).  Instead of just looking for an opportunity to blow your cake-hole, go to the gym and work off some of that anger.

If you were "stuck" sweeping floors --- there was a reason for it,if you know what I mean.  ;)
You make it seem like that's all I've done (or any Suppy) for 20 years.
I didn't take offense to it. I just wanted it clearly put that Sup techs have much better things to do than sweep floors

A pitiful attempt of trying to save face - if that's all you wanted to say, you would have said it in your first comment instead of playing coy.  And, you didn't take offense?  Well, your 2nd comment suggests the exact opposite.

And, btw, if this is how you speak to the new people who are attempting / contemplating to JOIN UP - in the face of a military whose numbers are presently lagging.... THINK!!   

You are a freekin Warrant Officer - an authoritative rank over the young shiny new privates coming in - Thank you for showing your gleaming personality as one of the many Faces of the Canadian Military's high-ranking Soldiers!  It's certainly inspiring. NOT!  Because of my having 'met' you and your attitude, my eyes have been forced wide open to the reality of those I would have to take orders from, put my career in the hands of, and bite my tongue (as a lowly private would) when my own intelligence soars high above yours.  Join the Military under the likes of people like you? NO THANKS! 

And, because you asked
wtf does my rank and age (or yours) have to do with this?
I'll tell you: absolutely nothing, which was precisely my point;  a point you failed to recognize.  A high rank is not indicative of high intelligence.  Case in point? I was just a private, and would be again if I chose to continue with my recent application, but at least I can write in a coherent manner with proper spelling, grammar, and form that does not rely on low-grade language such as "wtf".  And for your own edification, the contraction of 'you' and 'are' is spelled as you're...not like:
...if that's all your interested in. 
    8)

A final note to the MoDs:  Has this thread sufficiently now warranted a LOCK?  Or are you enjoying this slamming-session as much as I am?

Wow, that post just put you in perspective.

Locked before you get the dog pile on you deserve but the forum doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back