• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are my chances...

John084

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello

Sorry for the lack of introduction, my name is John and i recently tried applying to the army.

Anyways, scenario:

I did the aptitude test and the personality test, and my recruitment office commander said that i basically qualify for any job the army has to offer. She said i did that well, cool :D

-But-

I had said i smoked marijuana the month before for the last 10 years, and she told me my application was rejected and that i have to wait a year, what? :(

ok, well crap!!!

What are the odds that i will even be given a second chance after the year is up, if i choose to reapply?

More personal information:
-ill be 32 when i reapply
-I have over 4 technical diplomas in 2 different engineering fields
-i have alot of life experience, ive worked in over 10 countries in my previous career and they were surprised. (Hopefully not suspicious)
-i was told i scored well on the aptitude and personality test(you can grade personalities)

Before i dropped on them the revelation, they seemed really into me.

Any feedback would be appreciated:

Thanks

J

If you don't re-apply, zero.

If you stay drug-free for a year and re-apply, the same as anybody else's.

You won't have to redo the CFAT. Stay clean for a year and they can re-open your application and go from there. Your age won't matter much
Best of luck.

MacleodEE said:
You won't have to redo the CFAT. Stay clean for a year and they can re-open your application and go from there. Your age won't matter much
Best of luck.

At the risk of purporting the error here, MacleodEE - if you read the ROEs for this forum, you or I are not allowed to post answers here. Only recruiters (thus the "Ask A CAF Recruiter" title...) Loachman is DS and by virtue of the designation (and the 89 years in the service...) may also post here.

Just info, in case you feel the need to do it again.

Loachman covered things nicely for you. 
Loachman said:
If you don't re-apply, zero.
If you stay drug-free for a year and re-apply, the same as anybody else's.

Wait your year, ask to have your application re-opened and things will carry on from there.

Back