• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wet Weather Combat Boots: Use, Maintenance & Other Stuff.

• Thread starter Thread starter Wilson601
  • Start date Start date
I heard DR. Showls Gel insoles work good, but then again Im waiting to find out :)

IMPLUS, I got them at Marks work warehouse. They were pretty expensive, around $25 but considering how I‘ve used them for over 2 years, I think it worked out pretty well

$25 doesn‘t seem to be too high of a price compared to insoles nowadays.. I went insole shopping a little while back (The same night "The Matrix" came out, incidentaly), and found that most insoles where around that price, even if they where crap.

Heh, but I think I‘ll go again, the insoles I have could be better...

I have the gel insoles from Dr. Scholes.
They‘re ok, but they‘re so thin that they don‘t
provide that much shock absorbtion. I use gel
insoles on the bottom and then put another insole
on top. That worked well for a while, now I
think I‘ve worn them out.

Thanks for the info Lui, I‘ll look into them and
see if they work for me.

A bit of an update on the goretex thing. I was just talking to a warrant officer about course and he told me to get up to the clothing stores to pick up a pair of regular boots. Not sure what kind they are but at least I won‘t have to use the hot goretex ones on summer course.

Anyone if the goretex combat boots stretch much?

Mine were issued too large to begin with, and they've finally become enough of an irritation that I'm going to try and get them replaced... as far as the foot measurer they've got goes, is it best to go along with with it? 

All boots strech, the gortex ones strech slightly all the time, you should have a snug fit when you get them.

The gortex boots are issued too big because they are meant to fit the fictional 'SOCK SYSTEM'. I have had the boots for a couple, maybe 3 years now and I can't wear them because I feel like Sideshow Bob with how big they are on my feet. I have only recieved 1 of the 3 components for my sock system and I am not holding out for the other 2. For that matter, I am still waiting on my custom fit combat gloves. I think it's been 3 or so years since I got fitted for them too............

They do stretch a little when you wear them, but since they fit a little big, provide virtually no support whatsoever. Good for hangin out in a def. posn' but I am not a fan of the idea of rucking or patrolling in them.

Best of luck to your feet,

TM

I just got mine today.. they're supposed to be issued snug, while wearing the "sock system." The clerk at ASU gave me the whole spiel on why it's supposed to be snug and all that jazz. I'll get the chance to try them out on Ex this weekend.

HollywoodHitman said:
The gortex boots are issued too big because they are meant to fit the fictional 'SOCK SYSTEM'.

I've actually got all three (Four I guess if you count the old style grey socks) parts of the sock system... the problem isn't the socks, so much the fact that the boots were issued too big to begin with, because they didn't have the correct size in stock...

I am in Borden on Class B now, so i got mine reissued to a smaller size, and they are awesome, except for the soles, in the winter they are junk. The soles freeze up and you have 0 traction in the winter. There is talk of making new ones with better soles for winter use.

I've been wearing mine for a long time now, and (once I got used to them) I like them.  I walk to and from work (about 5km) every day, and have worn them out on EX and never had a problem with them.  That is, with the exception of snow and ice.  My feel were cold and I was slipping and sliding all over the place.  LOL

Just wondering about the "sock system"......3 items?  possibly 4?  I have the inner sock(thin black), and the outer sock(thick green) as well I have the cold weather outer sock (thick grey), is that the 3 items or am I missing something?  Other then the obvious....the boots

Back