• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

War taking unexpectedly harsh toll on vehicles

I see we are regurgitating the old TOW on the side of the turret and the Cougar discussions all over again. 

I know......as long as we don't go Full Circle and bring up the Tank Destroyer/Assault Gun/MGS again.  ;D

George Wallace said:
I see we are regurgitating the old TOW on the side of the turret and the Cougar discussions all over again. 

As a relative newby who obviously missed that discussion, the outcome was?

Matthew.  :salute:

ArmyRick said:
Nfld Spr, when you go into action/come under contact, your air sentry should be pulling in. The delco turret with TOW has one launch tube on either side of the turret. You would not be able to stow anything on the back of the turret due to BBDA.

To fire TOW, the vehicle has to remain stationary (and preferably in a hull down position) anyways. So the air sentry can duck his arse back inside.

Ok, thx. As you can see I'm only familiar with armoured vehicles in the adm role.

Another point, are the T-LAVS in theater finally armed? I know all the ones I've seen back here had the mounts but never been armed. Even the ones at the Armoured School.

I know this might be OPSEC, feel free to pm me.

George Wallace said:
I see we are regurgitating the old ... the Cougar discussions all over again. 
George Wallace said:
......as long as we don't go Full Circle and bring up the Tank Destroyer/Assault Gun/MGS again.   ;D
Well, now that you've mentioned it, the MGS would make a nice Cougar replacement.  It would provide a common platform to the LAV III fleet, and it brings a bigger gun that is stabalized.

I would go even further on the MGS subject and say that it is not an Armour Corp wpn system......Here comes the "HERITIC" side......It is an Infantry wpn.  Like the Mortars and HMG's it should be an Infantry Support Wpn and integral to an Infantry organization. 

MCG said:
Well, now that you've mentioned it, the MGS would make a nice Cougar replacement.  It would provide a common platform to the LAV III fleet, and it brings a bigger gun that is stabalized.

- If one happens to think that the Super Cougars (MGS) are worth $USD 6,000,000 each...

Back